Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Nitto 555R on AM Volante

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Nitto 555R on AM Volante

I talked my bro into putting them on his mid 80's Aston Martin Volante, because everything else that fits his rims is teh suxor.

We ordered 275/60/15 but they were too big (because I calculated off the RPMile on the website, but forgot to measure the stockers to see if they conform to the standard diameter for a 255/60/15), so we traded um out for some 275/50/15 and they are pretty much spot on, size wise. Replacing some ancient Perrelli P7 (P6? I always forget) that were the original tires it rolled off the lot with, as far as we can tell. That was a few owners ago though, so no way to know for sure.

The 60's had super soft sidewalls and the compound was like a gummi bear, but the 50's are a little stiffer and the compound is not as gummi. More like the compound the Advans mah 'vo has on it. Sidewall is not nearly as stiff, though. I was a bit surprised, because I saw no indication on the website that they were a different tire and I would have been pissed if it was my drag car but since it is not ever going to be dragged, well we figure they will respond a little better then the wavy gravy sidewalled 60's.

I will let you all know how they work out, since the thing is a fat bastid and they are not really tires designed to turn, in case anyone is thinking about using them for something similar like a old school Mustang, Charger, etc.