Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Best brands for brake pads and rotors?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best brands for brake pads and rotors?

Hey all, I told my Dad i'd do some research on some brake pads and rotors for his 02 Buick LeSabre, what would you all recommend? I know there's the Autozones and Pepboys stuff which is pretty decently priced, but are there rotors/brakes that are better than what they sell? Which places are better priced?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Rotors and brake opinions..

hey all.. I posted this in the "other cars" section, but there aren't a lot of views there. I need to get my Father some rotors and brakes for his car. The current rotors are warped due to the previous owner. I wanted to get opinions on which ones are less likely to warp. He got some quotes from the local autozone and such, but I don't know what brands they use and if they are good or not. Opinions would be appreciated!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Other cars is the correct forum.

And the rotors are not warped, its pad material transfer 98% of the time. Have you checked to see if they can be turned?

What type of pads?

RptprPro/Centric are fine. The CMAX AutoZone pad for a DD has been done. For that car, AZ rotors. Make sure you bed the pads correctly.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Other cars is the correct forum.

And the rotors are not warped, its pad material transfer 98% of the time. Have you checked to see if they can be turned?

What type of pads?

RptprPro/Centric are fine. The CMAX AutoZone pad for a DD has been done. For that car, AZ rotors. Make sure you bed the pads correctly.
nope didn't check if they could be turned... but I think they are pretty old, the car has over 100k on it.. I think he is assuming they need new rotors.. isn't it just as good to get new ones as to have the old ones turned pricewise?