Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

whats your daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 09:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
thats cause the only cool/fun small are in america is the Fiesta ST... everything else is utter sh*t. maybe if there were more cool/fun small cars more people would buy them?
But they didn't really buy that car either. Currently the crossover SUV's are what's selling like hot cakes..
Old Jan 9, 2019, 09:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Anyone that denies that crossover SUV's are huge sellers in America are delusional.

The Fiesta ST is 100% a niche car. I've owned two of them, but I've also never owned a Toyota, Honda, or whatever appliance car is hot nowadays.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
oh yeah I'm not disputing trucks and SUV's sell in good ol'merica... and yes the FiST is a niche car, and the whole segment is really... but so is the Mitsubishi car brand. I'd argue its the niche/enthusiast cars that drive sales for a brand, but that hasn't exactly worked for Mitsubishi with the Evo... basically I'm just bitter we don't get this niche segment of cars (that I'd prefer to buy used) in the US...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
oh yeah I'm not disputing trucks and SUV's sell in good ol'merica... and yes the FiST is a niche car, and the whole segment is really... but so is the Mitsubishi car brand. I'd argue its the niche/enthusiast cars that drive sales for a brand, but that hasn't exactly worked for Mitsubishi with the Evo... basically I'm just bitter we don't get this niche segment of cars (that I'd prefer to buy used) in the US...
It absolutely does not. Smart marketing drives sales.

Toyota sells the **** out of Tacoma's, 4runner's, and Tundra's. Not even because they're the best trucks, but because people want them. They have a reputation for reliability in the segment. Toyota does not have any sort of niche car.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah I kinda debunked that argument in my own post with the evo example...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 01:56 PM
EvoM Guru

so now that FiST has been simmering on my head for a couple of days, I'm kicking myself in the *** for buying the stupid civic instead of a FiST as my daily...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 02:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
so now that FiST has been simmering on my head for a couple of days, I'm kicking myself in the *** for buying the stupid civic instead of a FiST as my daily...
I *loved* both my FiSTs I had. Much more than I ever expected. I really miss them but I wanted a car with AWD and more space.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 03:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
It absolutely does not. Smart marketing drives sales.

Toyota sells the **** out of Tacoma's, 4runner's, and Tundra's. Not even because they're the best trucks, but because people want them. They have a reputation for reliability in the segment. Toyota does not have any sort of niche car.
Toyota has stuck with the "bread and butter" Rolla's for years and you see a crap ton of them on the roads. Was a first car for both my son's (manual 5 speed ) and it survived!!! I also drove it as a daily for a few years. Reasonably priced, economical, dependable does sell. When you make a reliable commodity consistently then people notice.

There are now developing and growing SUV niche market segments like there used to be in cars. Since FORD and GM said screw cars in the US because we suck at it...Lol... but Mustangs and Corvettes are OK.... I see sportSUV's...luxury..and cutesy crossover variants popping up everywhere. Same with trucks....... but I'z juz rollin in my Flea-esta ST.................

In the land of "Big Dogs" there will be fleas. SporTy ones too.

Last edited by whtrice; Jan 13, 2019 at 04:20 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 03:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by razorlab
I *loved* both my FiSTs I had. Much more than I ever expected. I really miss them but I wanted a car with AWD and more space.
yeah I've head that a lot about the FiST. How does the interior hold up with age? Is there anything specific to look at when shopping for a used one?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

yeah I've head that a lot about the FiST. How does the interior hold up with age? Is there anything specific to look at when shopping for a used one?
Interior on my FiST has been just like all the other plastic fantastic (EVO included) cars I have owned. Park them in the sun I am sure they will fade and crack like the others. Seats material will wear like most too. Most concern I would have with the FiST is the intake valve build up issue after 40K . Mine is a 39 month lease so I will be done with it before it reaches a concern. If I was going to keep it I would consider adding supplemental port injectors instead of having to go through the tedious cleaning process.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index....roducts_id=306

or

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index....roducts_id=723

Old Mar 21, 2019, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm kicking myself in the *** for buying the stupid civic instead of a FiST as my daily...
What civic did you buy?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My 2008 Evo X is my DD. I'd like to get more use out of my Nissan 240SX - it gets better gas mileage, on regular gas - yet I end up using the Evo a lot.
It has about 140,000 miles on it, right now.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
My daily is a 2004 Saturn Vue. The sad thing is that I dont drive it. The Evo is just too much fun. Well that and I am in the middle of refreshing the AC on it. Its heating up out this way and AC is soon to be needed full time! I think it got up to 82° today.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
My daily is a 2015 Evo X and during the summer I bring out the IX not as often as id like but trying to keep her clean!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by XSivPSI
What civic did you buy?
'14 Si 4 door, got it for 9k. so realistically, I couldn't have gotten a FiST in the same price range.

I have snow tires on it right now, so pretty low grip, and I gotta say... its really made the car a lot more fun... it move around now, doesn't really understeer under power as long as its dry and had good lift off rotation... I'm think it'd understeer at an autox where you have really tight turns, but on the street its fine. ditching the stock 28lb wheels might have helped also...

Quick Reply: whats your daily driver?