Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

No Evo could ever pull on a 911

Old Mar 7, 2004, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you know he hasn't driven one ? thats besides the point , no one is bad mouthing porsche , i dont even know why were comparing these 2 cars , look at the prices of the 2.......
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:12 AM

Location: West Texas, where the roads are straight and long, and the law is few and far between
Originally posted by steve c
Umm -- how can you say that without ever driving a 911 TT ...
don't know if that question was aimed at me, but I didn't say I haven't driven one, just that I agreed that the desire to own one has diminished since I bought the Evo...

I've driven one 993TT, and I'd still love to have one, GREAT car......it's just that I don't feel a burning in my loins for one like I used to B.E. ("Before Evo")
Old Mar 8, 2004, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

ok porshe drivers can be egotistical and snobby (my wife wants a cayenne) she is neither. but to labal a car by its home country's primary export or something someone can link it to? come on. so, we can label german cars "sourkraut"or "**** mobile" sure porshe's are great machines i would love to have a carrera gt but until i win the lottery the EVO will be more than enough and even if i won i don't know if i would run out and get a gt i'd prolly get and evo rs. suckasses
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by steve c
Umm -- how can you say that without ever driving a 911 TT ...
Are you offering to take me for a spin in one?

J/K.

Your point is well taken. It would be foolish to make a decision about a car without driving it. But... I used to lust after a Ferrari 355, until I drove one. Talk about a cheap-looking interior. People criticize the EVO, but I would be extremely upset to pay $100k+ and have the 355's interior! The perforformance was just o.k. My NSX was much more fun, and luxurious, and ergonomic, and cheaper, and got better gas mileage, etc, etc., etc..

The fantasy is almost always better than the reality. With cars AND women, unfortunately!
Old Mar 9, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SinCityEvo
There is no way in hell you can take a rustang and make it out-handle a 100K porsche. Straight-line speed, yes, maybe not street legal anymore, but not handling. There are no suspension parts in the world that could bolt on the rustang and make it handle like a super car. It's a bloated pig only good for going straight. Maybe if you monster garage it and build a whole new chassis, but that's not reality. Retarted comment [/QUOTE

Dude, you are displaying the same blanket ignorance we witnessed with the Porshe guys. It was uncool there, it is uncool here.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 07:46 AM

Your point is well taken. It would be foolish to make a decision about a car without driving it. But... I used to lust after a Ferrari 355, until I drove one. Talk about a cheap-looking interior. People criticize the EVO, but I would be extremely upset to pay $100k+ and have the 355's interior!
True, but unlike Mitsu they did put at least a little of the money in the Interior. The quality of the leather is nice anyway.

The interior of the Evo is about as polarizing as I have ever seen. Some folks are unable to get over how ugly, cheap and 1989 looking it is, hey whatever that's their loss.
Old Mar 13, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, check this out:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthr...1&page=1&pp=20

Ferrari owners giving respect to Subies and Evo's. These guys are true enthusiasts. Those Porsche guys? They got something up their backside.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

The point they missed, well, maybe not, but I'll say it anyways-for 30K you cannot get a better performing car. Yes, it could look better. Yes, it could be built better. I, do not have the money nor the luxury of owning a second vehicle, so one has to do it all. A Porsche owner does not do a daily commute. Snobs they may be, God bless them if they can afford it. I cannot, so they have no right comparing my car to theirs, theirs is a luxury and mine is a workhorse, therefore I have no shame in being proud of my ride. A car is a car, and so is an *******. They are mostly all the same and not one person in the world can say theirs is any better, because they still all serve the same purpose (buttholes and cars, that is)
Old Apr 25, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

last time i checked, 90grand vs 30grand(car and driver) the evo kinda ummmm Won....
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:18 AM

Won what? The cheaper car award?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

911 pulling on Evo. Oh well, there's always next time
Attached Thumbnails No Evo could ever pull on a 911-img_7653.1.jpg  
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

I shet on porche owners who have the rich ***** attitude "oh i can afford it and they cant, my expensive car is so much better because its more expensive etc etc."

The ONLY reason kids are so impressed with porches are because they are rare and they are fast. They dont give a crap about anything else cuz they dont know better. But if u want to think about it that way, the evo is faster and MORE RARE. How often u see an evo on the street? I might see one per week. How often do i see porches? Probably aroung 12 a day. Porches in my opinion are god damn ugly *** machines. The only 2 porches that dont look like supped up VW Beetles are the Gt3 and the new carrera. Other than those 2 they all look like CRAP.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:10 AM

I've owned and own some porsches. I had a very limited street use/high track use 944 turbo, no EVO would be able to pull on that thing. specially for all the ridiculous HP packages. As far as 911's and Boxsters, i got rid of my Boxster, and still have my 996 C2 cab, tiptronic with suspension and body kit. Yea, it may not be as quick as some EVO's, but it turns more heads. Once you get into the 911 Turbo's, sorry, 911's win handsdown, the amount of HP you can get out of Gt2 turbo's is redonkulous. Its not the most cash efficient, but nothing beats running 800hp out of a rock solid G50 trans to all 4 wheels. Porsche does have ties to VW's, but those were most notably early models, i.e. 70's 911's and the 914. The 930/993 departed from VW considerably, but the air cooled f6 is arguably VERY reliable courtesy of VW experience. Sorry, even as an EVO owner also, i think the EVO isn't that great for looks. A 911 will ALWAYS stick out, it's shape and curves have always been awarded to the point that the 6yr old in the back of the car can see say to mom "hey mommy, its a porsche!" as it drives past them. EVO's may have fewer numbers, but how long have they been on US roads? compared to the 911 chassis which has been around far longer. As for bang for buck, EVO wins hands down! for exclusivity bar none, the German wins ALWAYS.
BTW i do compete against the War Bonnet Region in the PCA, i've seen some 930T's that can spit out imports 24/7/365 at a track. After all, the Porsche is for fun on the weekend and the drive to work. Both are great cars, celebrate the heritage of both.

edit: yes, I'm 17, but i drive porsches(2 syllable btw) and an EVO
lol and as for Ferrari owners giving props to the EVO an Subbie, they give respect to all non-porsches. They just envy the reliability

Last edited by OKevo8; Apr 26, 2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! I've not seen a larger croud of pompous windbags in my entire life. The Ferrari forum was even aware of the evo's capabilities; and as far as I'm concerned there is WAY more "prestige" to a Ferrari than a P.

It's just amazing to see a group of grown men (read: old men) arguing about some BS that basically can be reduced to a pissing contest. OK, they spent big money and they impress chix, but that's not what car enthusiasts are after (not that is sux). BTW, I get plenty of girls/guys looking at my car all the time; it impresses a certain type of person. But no car is ever going to appeal to all people (that's what individuality is about).

I love cars, in just about any format, but to honestly beleive that the price of the vehicle somehow implies dominance or better performance is simply asenine. I feel like reading their posts is time from my life I've lost and can never recover.. So I'm gonna go drive my evo and love it! Then I'm gonna check my bank balance and have a second laugh at those id10ts!!

Man, I just LOVE our cars!!!!

Disclaimer: Before some ignorant P owner posts some silly rant, I've drivent a 911 TT, several other Ps, and quite a few luxury and perfomance vehicles. I'll keep my $30K clown car; I just like it better cuz I'm about the go-fast and the handling (not the pen1s extension in hopes of lulling some gullible chick into a ride).

-$0.02 worth
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:24 AM

Any one read the Sports Car International camparo between the EVO RS, the 911 GT3, and the Z06? Intersting times they posted. The driver is actually a Porsche guru. That's why i bought the EVO instead of a GT3, because it could nearly hang with the GT3 on the track and be driven silly on the road. 30K+60K in mods would surely make the EVO into a track monster that all cars would fear or have an intense challenge. I think it comes down the economy and how much you want to lay down on the line.
theres my other $.02. And now my mouth goes silent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Evo could ever pull on a 911