Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Ah well if you want a better JDM car, you just gotta survive Canadian winters.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
More assumptions and no fact checking in this thread? Say it ain't so.
It's strictly for the entertainment experience Mr. Medz. Like those magazines at the checkout isle. 5 percent fact wrapped full of assumptive charactures and opinionated bravado.

The latest Amby vs. Rob "SO'" fest is always worth a gander. Also don't forget to sprinkle in Emesis RS hate mail.

When I saw the way FORD super hyped this vehicle then crapped on implementing it's US delivery I lost all interest in this vehicle.

I am more interested now in watching how the other manufactures develop and release product in the near future. I think if Mitsu had kept in the game they were likely to release a hybrid design similar to NSX design but in a more affordable offering of course. It would have been as talked about and as discussed as the "X" was and what we are seeing in the Fors.

carry on..........
Old Apr 14, 2016, 01:25 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
This is an Evo website. People on it still own Evos. Those that no longer do have moved on so that only "fans" are left. I don't understand why some people are so surprised that everybody here thinks it's a better car than anything else out there. That's kind of why we bought them isn't it? LOL.
And of course the automobile of choice, for a this website, will be compared to anything else that comes out Because, you know, that's what we all own.
The Grand National forums still compare their 29yr old cars to new ones. GTR forums still compare the R32 to new cars.
Seems to me if you don't want to hear people comparing the Evo to new cars, you may not want to go on an Evo forum LOL
I'm just trying to figure out why some of you are so surprised that people on this forum are comparing the RS to an Evo LOL.

Aaaaaaanyway, All said and done I would still love to have an RS if I didn't already have an all-wheel-drive turbocharged car. Common sense keeps me from justifying having two haha
Old Apr 14, 2016, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
This is an Evo website. People on it still own Evos. Those that no longer do have moved on so that only "fans" are left. I don't understand why some people are so surprised that everybody here thinks it's a better car than anything else out there. That's kind of why we bought them isn't it? LOL.
And of course the automobile of choice, for a this website, will be compared to anything else that comes out Because, you know, that's what we all own.
The Grand National forums still compare their 29yr old cars to new ones. GTR forums still compare the R32 to new cars.
Seems to me if you don't want to hear people comparing the Evo to new cars, you may not want to go on an Evo forum LOL
I'm just trying to figure out why some of you are so surprised that people on this forum are comparing the RS to an Evo LOL.

Aaaaaaanyway, All said and done I would still love to have an RS if I didn't already have an all-wheel-drive turbocharged car. Common sense keeps me from justifying having two haha
I was on the AMC (American Motors Company) AMX forums back in the day. Like Mitsu they offered one unique car that I had bought which was the 2 seater AMX.
Personally I think the Evo was a once in a lifetime kind of offering. For the price in '06 when I bought my RS there was really nothing comparable. I doubt the fun I had with that car will ever be eclipsed. The best form of flattery is imitation. The domestic Fors 10 years later is trying to accomplish that Evo mystique.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by whtrice
Personally I think the Evo was a once in a lifetime kind of offering.
Its really not though. The recipe is simple, take a wrc homologation car and make it available to the public. In Europe this has been happening for decades. The Evo is just our only real experience with cars capable of this level of performance. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...tion-specials/

Hopefully, some of the 2017 homologation cars come to US shores.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
Its really not though. The recipe is simple, take a wrc homolgation car and make it available to the public. In Europe this has been happening for decades. The Evo is just our only real experience with cars capable of this level of performance.

Hopefully, some of the 2017 homolgation cars come to US shores.
doesnt have to be WRC though, but that basically sums it up.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Its really not though. The recipe is simple, take a wrc homologation car and make it available to the public. In Europe this has been happening for decades. The Evo is just our only real experience with cars capable of this level of performance. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...tion-specials/

Hopefully, some of the 2017 homologation cars come to US shores.
That is why it is unique. US has been deprived of this until the Evo's inception and of course Japan has relished the same aspect you are referring to.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

With the sports car market heating up, I think we will see a few more gems before 2020. I keep waiting to see where Toyota decides to sell the homologation versions of their wrc Yaris.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
The rebodied Mazda?
With the sports car market heating up, I think we will see a few more gems before 2020. I keep waiting to see where Toyota decides to sell the homologation versions of their wrc Yaris.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moparfan
The rebodied Mazda?
The WRC Yaris has gone through a lot of iterations and every inch of the car has been touched. Toyota, led by team principal Tommi Makinen, is creating a contender.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Like they say in golf "Let's watch."

Old Apr 14, 2016, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Like they say in golf "Let's watch."

i wonder when WB or Razor or Amby going to claim again i derailed the thread lol

Anyway, you guys ignoring the STI, although it has a none homologated 2.5 vs the evo 2.0 which is homologated
Actually the quality and strenght clearly shows which one is, and which one is not homologated fully.
The biggest mistake what subaru did is to not having a 2.0 in the states before.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yes.....It is not a matter of if....but when.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 03:42 PM
kaj

I was on the AMC (American Motors Company) AMX forums back in the day. Like Mitsu they offered one unique car that I had bought which was the 2 seater AMX.
Personally I think the Evo was a once in a lifetime kind of offering. For the price in '06 when I bought my RS there was really nothing comparable. I doubt the fun I had with that car will ever be eclipsed. The best form of flattery is imitation. The domestic Fors 10 years later is trying to accomplish that Evo mystique.
I remember the Lancer coming to the U.S.. Everyone pretended it was an Evo because it's all we had. Then the O.Z.!
Then came the WRX and we finally had an AWD turbo "rally" car in the U.S.....
When the Evo VIII and STi hit our shores, I'd say those were significant events. For sure nothing like them before or since.
Maybe not "once in a lifetime", but definitely a big deal.

Last edited by kaj; Apr 14, 2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 03:44 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i wonder when WB or Razor or Amby going to claim again i derailed the thread lol

Anyway, you guys ignoring the STI, although it has a none homologated 2.5 vs the evo 2.0 which is homologated
Actually the quality and strenght clearly shows which one is, and which one is not homologated fully.
The biggest mistake what subaru did is to not having a 2.0 in the states before.
What I wouldn't give for a legit 22b with the ej207. Drooooool

Quick Reply: Focus RS