Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Focus RS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 07:43 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Old Dec 2, 2016, 07:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by OX

And your right, 69,000 google hits on "broken TPMS sensor", but I'm sure it never really happens...........
He said it hasn't happened to him. Not that it doesn't ever happen.

There are 614,000,000 google returns for "Cancer"... cherry pick as you wish.

Some serious "Get off my lawn" people in this thread.

Tell me again why Evo owners are arguing about warranties?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab

Evo owners that are also trying to compare a 2015 modified Evo to a brand new stock RS.

Originally Posted by OX
So I have to eliminate (not guaranteed, but very possible) my drivetrain warantee just to permanently shut off some annoying feature? I get it, you could say that about every new car with traction control, but that feature at least, rarely gets invoked on daily driving.

Another win for the EVO8, not even the retarded tire pressure monitor, which the only true benefit is for the company that makes the sensors, since it is pretty easy to destroy them, getting tires on/off.

So now you care about warranty, after pushing for a modified car? Yeah, I'm sure Mitsubishi won't care that you've installed aftermarket parts on your brand new car .

Why on earth are you comparing the RS to the Evo 8, a car that cannot be purchased new, and is what, 8 years old? ****, lets just compare the RS to a 1990 GTR while we're at it.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OX
Just because you like to have useless, annoying equipment on your car that has to be overidden EVERY time you drive, doesn't mean we all do.
Great, then don't buy the ****ing RS. It's that simple, dude. You're *****ing and moaning about features on a car you don't own. You know what the easy solution to that is? Buy a different car.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Great, then don't buy the ****ing RS. It's that simple, dude. You're *****ing and moaning about features on a car you don't own. You know what the easy solution to that is? Buy a different car.
Mic drop
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:37 AM
OX
Evolving Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab

So what, they break a lot and are uneeded was my point, just like start/stop is going to wear out things sooner.

Evo owners that are also trying to compare a 2015 modified Evo to a brand new stock RS.

So now you care about warranty, after pushing for a modified car? Yeah, I'm sure Mitsubishi won't care that you've installed aftermarket parts on your brand new car .

Why on earth are you comparing the RS to the Evo 8, a car that cannot be purchased new, and is what, 8 years old? ****, lets just compare the RS to a 1990 GTR while we're at it.
Nice try. Having to tune to get rid of an EPA forced annoyance, is much different than tuning on a much cheaper car, to make it faster than the more expensive car. Of the few RS's local to me that are even advertised to be at the dealer, none are under $40K. The NEW EVO is more readily available than the RS (and easily 6-8 grand cheaper than the RS's I can actually buy).

I compared a car that has neither the uneeded TPMS or the annoying start/stop. Why are you surprised people are talking about EVO's on an EVO board?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OX
So what, they break a lot and are uneeded was my point, just like start/stop is going to wear out things sooner.

Nice try. Having to tune to get rid of an EPA forced annoyance, is much different than tuning on a much cheaper car, to make it faster than the more expensive car. Of the few RS's local to me that are even advertised to be at the dealer, none are under $40K. The NEW EVO is more readily available than the RS (and easily 6-8 grand cheaper than the RS's I can actually buy).

I compared a car that has neither the uneeded TPMS or the annoying start/stop. Why are you surprised people are talking about EVO's on an EVO board?
You're *****ing about voiding warranty yet promoting voiding warranty.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by OX
So I have to eliminate (not guaranteed, but very possible) my drivetrain warantee just to permanently shut off some annoying feature? I get it, you could say that about every new car with traction control, but that feature at least, rarely gets invoked on daily driving.

Another win for the EVO8, not even the retarded tire pressure monitor, which the only true benefit is for the company that makes the sensors, since it is pretty easy to destroy them, getting tires on/off.
I worked at Discount tire for 3 year. Only idiots brake sensors.
The following users liked this post:
Noize (Dec 2, 2016)
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:42 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I worked at Americas Tire. Lots of idiots there. LOL
Old Dec 2, 2016, 01:27 PM
OX
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
They don't get broken when they are not there.............
Old Dec 2, 2016, 01:29 PM
OX
Evolving Member

You're *****ing about voiding warranty yet promoting voiding warranty.
Your crying about me having an opinion, while spouting an opinion.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
My irritation with stop/start comes at any traffic light. Every driver of an automatic transmission vehicle has to creep forward anticipating the light change. I've seen people halfway out in the intersection by the time the light is green. How many autostarts would that be at the typical light?

A friend of mine was in the market for a new Mercedes. He is a dedicated light creeper. On a test drive he encountered autostart at the first light and that burned the deal down.

Last edited by barneyb; Dec 2, 2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...g-113376.html#

Old Dec 2, 2016, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OX
Your crying about me having an opinion, while spouting an opinion.
No, I'm pointing out how ridiculous your "opinion" is. You're the new nemsin; you're here just to complain about a car you have no intention of owning.
The following users liked this post:
Noize (Dec 2, 2016)
Old Dec 2, 2016, 02:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
My irritation with stop/start comes at any traffic light. Every driver of an automatic transmission vehicle has to creep forward anticipating the light change. I've seen people halfway out in the intersection by the time the light is green. How many autostarts would that be at the typical light?

A friend of mine was in the market for a new Mercedes. He is a dedicated light creeper. On a test drive he encountered autostart at the first light and that burned the deal down.
I agree its annoying af! It shouldn't be a thing that you have to do every time you get int the car, it should be a setting that the car remembers. something you have to turn off after everytime you disconnect the battery

Quick Reply: Focus RS