Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon

hey all,

been throwing the idea around awhile, finally found a great deal on this car in the south so I went to grab it a month ago. LOVE IT. didn't get rid of anything; so now I have this, the 06 Evo, 00 Sierra, 07 trailblazer SS, and 99 buick. (sold the twin turbo cop car project to a buddy to finish)

2011 CTS-V Sportwagon, Recaros, panoramic sunroof, yellow brembos, automatic, 1 of 395 wagons made in 2011. 6.2L supercharged LSA 556hp

after bringing it home I wanted to see the murdered out vibe so I did that with plastidip. I dig it a lot.

ordered a 2.85 pulley and going to have my buddy port the blower, snout, throttle body. Got an airraid intake on it, and going to do some sort of exhaust with cutouts and of course a "sloppy" denmah tune (HP tuners). the 4500lb pig is going to be faster and quicker than my Evo with no efforts lol.

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-ckpzkx7.jpg

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-csu2uks.jpg

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-k8r99vr.jpg

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-9vs5eu9.jpg

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-yid19cm.jpg

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-tou4kel.jpg

added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon-lliocw1.jpg

Last edited by 1gturbo; Jul 3, 2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
pics don't work for me

btw, how much do these sell for these days?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
pics don't work for me

btw, how much do these sell for these days?

not sure why they don't work, they open for me on IE and chrome, and same links I used on TBSS forums and they work there....

the wagons go in the $50k range for 2011/2012 give or take a few grand depending on the car. Sedans and coupes are in the $36-43 range for the same type of condition and miles. production numbers are going to keep the wagon prices high like any low production car.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by 1gturbo
not sure why they don't work, they open for me on IE and chrome, and same links I used on TBSS forums and they work there....

the wagons go in the $50k range for 2011/2012 give or take a few grand depending on the car. Sedans and coupes are in the $36-43 range for the same type of condition and miles. production numbers are going to keep the wagon prices high like any low production car.
oh its imgur, I forgot imgur is blocked at work now... my bad
checked it out on my phone... looks like you have a thing for evo's and chevy's haha

I've always had a soft spot for wagons... wish they were in the sedan price range, I'd prolly be able to swing that for a daily after I sell my mustang
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
oh its imgur, I forgot imgur is blocked at work now... my bad
checked it out on my phone... looks like you have a thing for evo's and chevy's haha

I've always had a soft spot for wagons... wish they were in the sedan price range, I'd prolly be able to swing that for a daily after I sell my mustang

ahh gotcha, lol all good. I was originally looking at sedans, but decided that if im going to spend that much I might as well spend a little more and get the wagon lol.

yea well the LS motor is like the V8 version of a 4g63, takes a beating in stock form, overall very reliable and cheap to work on and mod. ive always been a mitsu/DSM guy, and over recent years starting really liking LS stuff and GM has a great lineup over the years, unlike Mitsubishi where all the rest of their cars are worthless lol.

I don't plan on putting more than 1500 miles or so on the V any year, like the Evo (I think I did 1700 miles last 12 months in that), same with my truck (less than 2000). most driving gets split between the TBSS and the Buick.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 07:45 PM

Looks very clean!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
dang thats kinda cool. didnt know what a v-wagon even was so had to look.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Holy crap, I owned a 2005 V, didn't even know the newer version came in wagon.

That thing is sweet.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 05:20 AM

Thanks all. Yea it's super rare and super fast haha. Figured if I wanted a newer V why not go for the cream of the crop wagon. Thing is awesome.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
A lot of new car's are coming with big power the little Evo , doesn't cut it anymore.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 09:12 AM

Lol most people aren't cross shopping with an Evo and high hp luxury sedans/cars. Evo certainly still does more than cut it. It's still a great drivers car and super fun an cheap and easy to mod. Two totally different cars here...I'd never sell one for the other. Although, the Evo seems to be many peoples stepping stone into luxury performance.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 07:27 PM

Nice purchase! I test drove one a bit ago, and was surprised at how well it handled for such a huge car. Enjoy!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 07:47 AM

Sweet ride. Utility, comfort and speed all in one. Would def look into one if I had the $$.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The V wagon is a great car, but was unappreciated when it came out. Sadly, Cadillac will not be making any more.
Great purchase, I predict it'll be a great investment when the value starts increasing.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 06:50 PM

Such a beautiful car! A local funeral home director drives one and it sounds so amazing when he drives by my house 'unloaded'

Quick Reply: added a new ride to the stable.... V-wagon