Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Sloppy Mechanics Fall Dyno Day 2015 pics/info/vids - HELLUVA day!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sloppy Mechanics Fall Dyno Day 2015 pics/info/vids - HELLUVA day!

Figured I would share the fun of what occurred at our Sloppy Mechanics Dyno day in Allentown, I think the 8th year we have put this on.
We set a new record by having 74 cars on the rollers. We are estimating that 500-600+ people came through during the day. So of course we had the most amount of spectator cars and burnouts as well. The street never looked so good outside of the dyno. We raised over $500 for DreamComeTrue charity of the Lehigh Valley through a product raffle, thanks to a donated wideband from EFI source which was the raffle prize. We had vehicles ranging from 40hp to 1180hp, dune buggies, diesel trucks, diesel rat rod, mclaren, supras, chevelles, big blocks, small blocks, imports, turbos, nitrous, etc etc. probably widest array of cars we have ever seen. cops came a few times, they were cool with everything the first couple times they stopped (the road outside the dyno isn't a public road, rather an access road, so its like, half not enforceable but kind of is at the same time?), state police barracks are right down the road as is a drivers ed school lol. all was good all day, except for BJs complaining about tons of trailers in their parking lot.
We also used dyno day as a funeral to kill my buick and put her to rest after 253k glorious hard miles. My dad bought it new in 1999 and I took over in 2011 with 215k on the clock. We strapped a beat diesel turbo to it and sprayed it with nitrous and it made 327hp on what roughly was a 150 shot. The turbo was next to useless and half seized but oh well lol. its baseline hp on Saturday was 170hp, with spray it did 327hp. Pretty wild. Did like 8 nitrous runs, didn’t blow up, so then we poured ice in the intake and hammered the limiter. You will see the flames in the attached pics. My buddy dropped the car off at south Whitehall junkyard this morning, final resting place.

Our buddy Mr Regular of Regular Car Reviews who is also a Road and Track columnist was there and shared in our fun and got to know the slops and the cars. below is his video of the buick death and write up of dyno day lol pretty neat
official buick destruction video thanks to Mr Regular
Dyno Testing a Turbocharged, Supercharged, NOS-ed Buick Regal GS

Sloppy dyno day write up on R&T
The Absurd Spectacle of Noise and Numbers That Is an Open Dyno Day

One of many buick regal nitrous runs
Camaro burnout
1000+hp lsx turbo fox
regal burnout
burnout
third gen burnout
ctsv burnout
diesel rat rod burnout