Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Is Mitsubishi Motors still producing Evo's? Inventory remains huge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Is Mitsubishi Motors still producing Evo's? Inventory remains huge

Is Mitsubishi Motors still producing Evo's? Inventory remains huge-2y4pobh.jpg

^Did you guys notice this? In the United States alone, there are 433 "2015" Evo X's that have arrived at dealerships but are not sold yet. If Mitsubishi has ended the production, I think the inventory would become much lower and the asking price of remaining Evo's should have been higher. However, this simply isn't the case.

Could it be that Mitsubishi Motors continues to produce Evo's in spite of what they claims and simply sell these cars as "2015" Lancer Evolutions?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 07:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
103 of them are at South Coast Mitsubishi.

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...-anchor-year-1
Old Aug 28, 2016, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Other than people on here nobody really knows they're actually still being sold. I was looking at WRX STis for a while and the thought popped into my head...Evo. I hadn't thought or seen anything about them in a long time. That's why, imo, it's a buyer's market.

Last edited by moparfan; Aug 28, 2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of the local dealers still has four on the lot (3 FEs and one GSR "East Coast Custom" edition that is just horrible). Each is marked up by $3k-5k and they aren't willing to negotiate. I asked if they'd be willing to work on the price when the 2017 models come in and they gave me a dirty look.

Those 2015s are going to sit a long time at jacked up prices.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CoachG
One of the local dealers still has four on the lot (3 FEs and one GSR "East Coast Custom" edition that is just horrible). Each is marked up by $3k-5k and they aren't willing to negotiate. I asked if they'd be willing to work on the price when the 2017 models come in and they gave me a dirty look.

Those 2015s are going to sit a long time at jacked up prices.
Yah I got quoted 38.5k for an FE, and there was what I was told 18 on the lot (I counted 9). I wonder what happens if they don't sell them. Do they just keep them on the lots? I figured they would lower the price a little, but none of them are budging on price.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 05:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you live in Florida this is where I bought my wife's Evo X. All they have is white ones left but some people like white.
http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new-...ncer+Evolution

From what I have heard about cars sitting on dealer lots for a long time is if they don't sell them they have to pay something like interest to the manufacturer. If there are dealers that are sitting on these cars and not budging on the prices I would find a different dealership.
The following users liked this post:
Lightsaber (Aug 30, 2016)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea see 3 at local dealers lot out front not sure if they have more around back. They have been there for quite some time now. (I pass by at the least 3X per week)

I stopped in the other day and all FE GSR's, 38k sticker, no adjusted market value sticker.

To compare I had to go to the local Subby dealer for a part for our Fozzy XT and they have a new STi out front at 41k also no market adjustment sticker on the STi. Man it was pretty haha
Old Aug 30, 2016, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
they should have just ran the '15s as "2014 SE" so they could keep the recaros etc. SMH
Old Aug 30, 2016, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by 2015_MR
If you live in Florida this is where I bought my wife's Evo X. All they have is white ones left but some people like white.
http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new-...ncer+Evolution

From what I have heard about cars sitting on dealer lots for a long time is if they don't sell them they have to pay something like interest to the manufacturer. If there are dealers that are sitting on these cars and not budging on the prices I would find a different dealership.
If the car still belongs to the manufacturer, then the dealer needs to pay the manufacturer to keep the unsold car on their lot. However, this is unlikely the case here, as most of these Evo's sitting in dealer's lot are likely already purchased by the dealer from the manufacturer.

The dealer does have an inventory holding cost, which is kind of wasteful if it keeps a hundred 2015 Prii there, but for Evo's which they believe will appreciate, the inventory holding cost is peanuts.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 09:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That is true. I've lost count on how many times Chevrolet and Pontiac did this just because the Camaro or the Firebird was going to stop being produced.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
except they all have crap standard lancer seats now... If I was buying an Evo X again, I'd go used for that reason alone
Old Sep 2, 2016, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
except they all have crap standard lancer seats now... If I was buying an Evo X again, I'd go used for that reason alone
Yes, swapping in a set of Recaros is such a monumental task, that you'd rather buy someone elses modified then returned back to stock example?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Dandbest
Yes, swapping in a set of Recaros is such a monumental task, that you'd rather buy someone elses modified then returned back to stock example?
its an expensive task... and you also gotta figure out the whole airbag light thing. easy for the driver side, just add a resistor, but the passenger side has that pressure sensor in there that I haven't seen a solution for on any car
Old Sep 2, 2016, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
There's always going to be some X owner with Recaros who just has to have different seats and needs cash out of the old seats to do the deal.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 05:05 PM
EvoM Guru

still not cheap and you still have to deal with the passenger side airbag/pressure sensor thing.

general price is another reason I'd go used... but really, if I was buying an evo again it'd be an 8 or 9

Quick Reply: Is Mitsubishi Motors still producing Evo's? Inventory remains huge