Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Ralliart vs Evolution

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart vs Evolution

Whats the main differences with the ralliart vs evolution. Both turbo? Evolution worth the extra $?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Evo is wider - better factory suspension - real brakes - back seats do not fold down because folding rear seats are for homeless people - potential recaro seats depending on year - Evo's get extra scene kid points - people convert Ralliart stuff to Evo stock stuff because they wish - yeah Evos are worth the extra money. Haven't seen or heard anyone shouting "MY RALLIART IS AMAZING" from the rooftops like JG Wentworth lately either.

hope that clears things up.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
full BPU, Evo will be around 330 to 340 whp. Full BPU Ralliart will be tad below 300. Evo is wider and has better brakes. Both cars have gotten into 11s on stock turbo. My Ralliart with exhaust and intake and light weight rims (15 lbs) feels faster than when my X was stock. Ralliart is a baby Evo imo.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
I have one of each in my garage. The engine is identical but they deviate pretty sharply from there.

Ralliart:
Basic economy car suspension design and handling
Outlander Brakes
Smaller Turbo(but it spools quicker and is really well suited to the SST)
Smaller Intercooler
No AYC
Less engaging steering
Cloth seats have no support but are comfier than the Evo Recaros if you are on the bigger side.

Evo:
Great Steering
Really good (factory Brembo) brakes
Suspension + AYC + ACD can make you look like you have far more driving talent than you do
Rear Fender Flares
Aluminum Roof
Bigger turbo pulls harder up top
Earlier model year Recaros look the part, especially in leather trim, IMO
Better aftermarket support
Old Oct 10, 2017, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 133 Posts
Old Oct 12, 2017, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by splattj
I have one of each in my garage. The engine is identical but they deviate pretty sharply from there.

Ralliart:
Basic economy car suspension design and handling
Outlander Brakes
Smaller Turbo(but it spools quicker and is really well suited to the SST)
Smaller Intercooler
No AYC
Less engaging steering
Cloth seats have no support but are comfier than the Evo Recaros if you are on the bigger side.

Evo:
Great Steering
Really good (factory Brembo) brakes
Suspension + AYC + ACD can make you look like you have far more driving talent than you do
Rear Fender Flares
Aluminum Roof
Bigger turbo pulls harder up top
Earlier model year Recaros look the part, especially in leather trim, IMO
Better aftermarket support

Excellent comparison.
Note: You can get the same Recaro seats in the RA (an option) or easily swapped.
"If you are going to track the car - hands-down the EVO X is far superior"
Old Oct 12, 2017, 06:36 PM

I have owned both as well and they are compared well in the above posts.
Personally I liked the look of my seats in the ralliart, they were the part cloth part leather ones, better than the all leather ones in my evo.
I actually found the ralliart sportback more fun in city driving than the evo. Windy country roads and smaller highways I like the evo a lot more but in the stoplight to stoplight lane change I actually prefer the ralliart. But that is just my opinion.
I like the Evo sedan look a lot more than the ralliart but honestly wish I had a sportback evo. I loved the look of the sportback and always wanted to do the duel wing sportback look. I know, I know not an appreciated look at all but I liked it.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, I secretly want to steal my wife's WW RA Sportback and see about swapping the driveline, steering rack, and subframes out of an MR......
Old Oct 24, 2017, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Firebuck2059
I have owned both as well and they are compared well in the above posts.
Personally I liked the look of my seats in the ralliart, they were the part cloth part leather ones, better than the all leather ones in my evo.
I actually found the ralliart sportback more fun in city driving than the evo. Windy country roads and smaller highways I like the evo a lot more but in the stoplight to stoplight lane change I actually prefer the ralliart. But that is just my opinion.
I like the Evo sedan look a lot more than the ralliart but honestly wish I had a sportback evo. I loved the look of the sportback and always wanted to do the duel wing sportback look. I know, I know not an appreciated look at all but I liked it.
Couldn't agree more. I owned an Evo 8, and wanted another one but could not justify the price. I bought the Ralliart Sportback because of the functionality of the hatchback and loved it. The transmission in the Ralliart is the big downside. Too expensive to justify for a Mitsubishi. The Ralliart is a more comfortable daily driver, but I would get an Evo X GSR if I were you. Yes, it is worth the extra money if you have it to spend. Even if you Evo X turbo swap a Ralliart you still have to deal with the transmission. 5 speed transmissions are dirt cheap compared to built Ralliart transmissions, and the 5 speeds will handle more power for a longer time. Plus, an Evo is on another level when it comes to handling performance. In corners the Ralliart rolls more than a baker.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 06:13 AM

I would say if you have to budget and pinch pennies for the evo, just go with the ralliart for now and later down the road go with the evo and don't make the same mistake financially that many people (me included) make
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:17 AM

I went Ralliart cause it was $15k with only 13k miles on it. As far as equipment goes, it didn't matter to me either way.. it would have needed upgrading/modding no matter which model I chose. Cheaper car = more money to spend on mods.

TBE and 3 port on the ralliart bumped it up to 291whp and 320ft/lbs.. well above a stock evo for MUCH less money.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
does the rally art have forged pistons?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
It's got the exact same longblock as the Evo X. Hell even most of the accessories are interchangeable.