Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

A couple cool, non-Evo cars...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:51 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
A couple cool, non-Evo cars...

I assume we're all into motorsports, in general, and like other cars than our Evos. So, I thought I'd share a couple cool cars that are owned by friends of mine.

First is Myron's Atom. He purchased it with only 2,200 miles on the odometer. It has ALL the options, including a carbon fiber tub, full heim-jointed/needle bearing suspension components, the "stage 2" blower pulley/tune and, literally, every other upgrade you can get. The thing is SO simple and pure.. and I'm jealous. He got it for a steal of a price. I'll never be able to afford one, so I'm glad I can live vicariously through him LOL. He retired this year so was able to cash out his sick/vacation time and pay cash for the car. Now THAT'S planning. Myron has been an HPDE/AutoX guy since.. well, I'm not sure when. I got into all of this in 2001 and, by that time, he was already patenting airboxes and suspension components LOL.

Next up is my friend Bassam. He's a local dentist who just happens to love racing cars. He's getting pretty danged good at it, too. This car started out as a simple 318iS with an LS swap. Over time, as ideas and research came together, it evolved into this beast. I'm sure it's not done, but it doesn't need a whole lot, any more. The shop I used to work at built the engine for the original swap. Test driving that thing through a rural town called Madera Ranchos was a blast. EVERYBODY that saw me gave me a thumbs up. How can you not, when you have a little BMW roaring down the road with open headers on it's v8??
Matt @ Caliber Customs built the car (he's the same guy that built the oil pan being used by me and a few other members on this board). I haven't driven it after the DTM/monster tires were added, which makes me sad.. but you should hear that thing tearing down the straight at BWRP. It's an awesome build.

Link to a feature piece on the BMW: http://www.stanceworks.com/2017/09/f...me-attack-e36/

Old Sep 12, 2017, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

I am thinking one of these would be the coolest car in the world, are there any in the states?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 08:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
no Miata's? what kinda bs is this?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:34 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
no Miata's? what kinda bs is this?

Actually, Myron had a very serious Miata before the Atom. He decided he wanted to go faster. He says the Ariel is a lot more fun and involved. I can only imagine.