Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Audi RS3

Old Sep 29, 2018, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Audi RS3

Now that STM is doing some packages for them it looks similar setup to the evo 4 banger turbo awd fairly easy big power mods.
How do these things handle once they get some upgrades? Comparable to an evo 9 or more numb than a evo X?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 03:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a family member who works at Audi and I was able to take the rs3 for a long test drive. I was so close in selling my Evo 9 for it.

What I like:
That thing is quick as hell stock. The launch control is easy to use. The styling is great. Always liked the look of the s3 so this having a more aggressive look is nice. The interior is nice. It's minimal but the materials are great. The paddles we're quick. Reading the rs3 forums, it looks like a simple tune unlocks lots of power.

What I don't like:
No power seats at that price point (as a daily it'll be nice). It's annoying getting into back seats, I'm 5'7 and if I'm not paying attention I always hit my head. Not alot of aftermarket support yet but the ones that do have parts are charging that new car sales tax.

I want to take it to a course to see how it goes in corners but haven't had the chance. Overall thinking about it now, I really want to get one lol! I'll probably wait until someone's lease is over to jump in one.
The following users liked this post:
DontStopMe (Oct 1, 2018)
Old Sep 29, 2018, 04:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
The MQB platform needs front camber adjustment to handle well. Camber plates make a HUGE difference. I swapped to 034 camber plates on my Golf MK7 Alltrack and it made a WORLD of difference.

RS3 doesn't have power seats? My Golf Alltrack has power and heated. VW seems to always have more features than Audi for some odd reason. Too bad the RS3 5cyl isn't in any VW's.

I'll tell you right now though, while the MQB platform is much better than anything before it in VW land, it's not even close to the Mitsubishi CT9A and CZ4A. Not much is honestly.
The following users liked this post:
alpinaturbo (Sep 30, 2018)
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
The MQB platform needs front camber adjustment to handle well. Camber plates make a HUGE difference. I swapped to 034 camber plates on my Golf MK7 Alltrack and it made a WORLD of difference.

RS3 doesn't have power seats? My Golf Alltrack has power and heated. VW seems to always have more features than Audi for some odd reason. Too bad the RS3 5cyl isn't in any VW's.

I'll tell you right now though, while the MQB platform is much better than anything before it in VW land, it's not even close to the Mitsubishi CT9A and CZ4A. Not much is honestly.
We need another homologation car sold in the states. Subaru never sold us one.

Search this Thread