Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Low Mileage IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Low Mileage IX

Found a low mileage IX with 6k on it for anyone looking with bank account full of money. These cars seem to be slowly creeping up to Supra and NSX prices.

http://brooklynautoonline.com/2006-M...6/Details.aspx
Old Dec 30, 2017, 02:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Nice find! Yeah, you're right. Many people don't think the that evo will reach NSX or Supra pricing, but i'm part of the crowd that believes they will keep around the 20 to 30k range for years to come.

It's clean, but there are a few things that in my opinion would set it back from $50k. Maybe $29,995 is more reasonable. I would like to list them just in case anybody here is considering this car.

1. Aftermarket gauges already?
2. Aftermarket radio.
3. Driver crank case vent tube is VTA when it should be placed into the intake pipe.
4. Holes in front bumper from dealer plate mount.
5. Front Mitsubishi emblem has been blacked out or gone missing.
6. Rear Mitsubishi Emblem has been blacked out
7. Rear "Lancer Evolution" Badge is missing
8. SSL package has cool features, but most prefer the 9 or 9 SE seats and standard black door suede. This issue is mainly opinion based of course.

If I personally was going to spend $50k on an evo 9, it would need to be untouched by anyone with bad ideas. Luckily the problems above are all cheap to fix.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
4. Holes in front bumper from dealer plate mount.
5. Front Mitsubishi emblem has been blacked out or gone missing.
6. Rear Mitsubishi Emblem has been blacked out
7. Rear "Lancer Evolution" Badge is missing
Why do these matter? It's all aesthetic stuff, and they're not "problems." At least not to the point where it should really be a factor in anyone's decision. It's not that kind of a market anymore. Ten years ago, you could pass on an Evo -- new or used -- with a front plate mount, if you felt like it.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
That car was for sale on here the other day for $26k. I talked to the original owner about it the day before it sold to the guy from NY who works at a dealer and bought it to flip... I told the seller that would likely happen with this car, because I've seen it enough times here.

IMO, that car is worth no more than $26k, and I believe $26k was a fair price for it, all things considered. Why?

I could tell in the engine bay pics on the original seller's ad that it had likely been driven in salt, so I asked him and he said to me "It is a Northeast car, so yes I have driven it in the Winter." He also said there was rust on the underbody parts when I asked.

That's the real issue with the car, and it's why I didn't buy it. It's no way worth anywhere close to the new asking price. I hope whoever buys it doesn't buy it sight unseen thinking it's showroom new underneath!
The following users liked this post:
Noize (Jan 6, 2018)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 04:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Why do these matter? It's all aesthetic stuff, and they're not "problems." At least not to the point where it should really be a factor in anyone's decision. It's not that kind of a market anymore. Ten years ago, you could pass on an Evo -- new or used -- with a front plate mount, if you felt like it.
Hence why I mentioned it would be a cheap fix. These would matter if you're spending 50k on it. It would have to be perfect to be asking that high a price.

Originally Posted by kpt6
It's no way worth anywhere close to the new asking price. I hope whoever buys it doesn't buy it sight unseen thinking it's showroom new underneath!
Agreed.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think it will sit for as long as some may think.As much as I love the IXs, I think they're way overpriced and can't believe what some are willing to pay for one.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 03:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Rare find! Definitely not worth 50k. I am curious what price it will end at. I will guess 26-32k.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deylag
Rare find! Definitely not worth 50k. I am curious what price it will end at. I will guess 26-32k.
But that SCM eBay sale is well-known and probably has other dealerships hoping to be able to sell one of these at a big markup.Not that they’ll be able to pull it off.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 09:55 AM
EvoM Guru

I think those who are willing to pay 50k for any evo are collectors. They'll want it to be as factory as possible.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Does anyone know a collector who would bother with an Evo?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 07:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
It matters because the car is no longer original. It has been modified. If I'm going to pay an insane amount for an Evo, its better be showroom stock and show room clean, or a fully prepped racecar. Otherwise, $30k would be tops for the typical example you see, like this one.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
It matters because the car is no longer original. It has been modified. If I'm going to pay an insane amount for an Evo, its better be showroom stock and show room clean, or a fully prepped racecar. Otherwise, $30k would be tops for the typical example you see, like this one.
I get it, but my point is that blacked out emblems aren’t going to make or break the sale in general and certainly not what makes the realistic sale price be $20k below what they’re asking. No one in the market for an Evo today would pass on one because of a front plate bracket or the Lancer Evolution badges being gone. Like I said before, that may have been the case ten years ago, but the supply of Evos only depletes with time, and the cars are only getting older and racking up more miles. People have the luxury on passing on examples just that are modded to death but not necessarily ones that have aesthetic changes to badges, otherwise good luck scouring the country for the same example but with badges to your liking.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 02:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I get it, but my point is that blacked out emblems aren’t going to make or break the sale in general and certainly not what makes the realistic sale price be $20k below what they’re asking. No one in the market for an Evo today would pass on one because of a front plate bracket or the Lancer Evolution badges being gone. Like I said before, that may have been the case ten years ago, but the supply of Evos only depletes with time, and the cars are only getting older and racking up more miles. People have the luxury on passing on examples just that are modded to death but not necessarily ones that have aesthetic changes to badges, otherwise good luck scouring the country for the same example but with badges to your liking.
See, that's where your wrong, 3 people in this thread including myself have voiced issue with the price because its NOT original. Collectors don't buy non-original cars for a premium to make them original again.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
See, that's where your wrong, 3 people in this thread including myself have voiced issue with the price because its NOT original. Collectors don't buy non-original cars for a premium to make them original again.
I’m not saying that that exact price should stand. I agree that the car would be worth a little more if it didn’t have those exterior changes. I’m saying that tiny aesthetics like that are the least of your worries if you’re hunting down a super low mileage Evo like this one, and they should have very little impact on the actual SALE price of the car (not the asking price), regardless of the color of the emblems. And if you’re going to turn down an Evo with 5k miles on it because of that (which is fine and well within your right to do), then good luck finding another Evo with 5k miles on it but with the original badging but without a front plate and not being held hostage by SCM.If we found an Integra Type-R with that low mileage and the previous owner happened to have swapped out the Acura badges for Honda ones for the JDM look, I don’t think people would brush it aside as easily.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I say that car would fetch 30k. The dealer that posted it for sale now that is flipping the car is looking for that one person where money is a non-issue and will pay close to their asking price to turn a profit. I think most folks here on this forum are looking for a good deal and chuckle when they see $50k...

Another member here sold this car for $35k. I think Evos will gradually go up in price. But folks that are posting $50k+ as price here on this forum are a bit unrealistic. I cannot comment on someone's for sale thread but seeing cars that have under 20k miles with unrealistic prices is almost comical. This car being referred to in this thread though really would of been a steal at $26k. Wonder if the owner really cared to turn more of a profit. Either way that dealer will make some money even they sell it for $35k or more.

http://sw2japansports.com/portfolio/...on-ix-se-5207/

Quick Reply: Low Mileage IX