Need help finding my evo's previous owners - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

The Loft (Evom Car Talk Corner) The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Need help finding my evo's previous owners

Old Jan 12, 2018, 08:27 PM   #1
Evolving Member

Drives: 2005 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR

Need help finding my evo's previous owners

Hey everyone,

So, not sure what section or category this goes in, but needed some help. When I bought my Evo 8, I bought it from a dealership out of state. When I bought the car, all I was given were the keys.. No manuals, no maintenance history, and no records at all. Just the keys and the car. I was wondering how to find the previous owners of my car - to ask them what was the car's previous life was like, what mods were on the car before, was the clutch ever replaced etc etc. So, I've done multiple VIN searches, but it just tells you the number of previous owners, not who they are. And I know cause of the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act that was implemented in DMVs, they aren't gonna be any help.. Does anyone have advice on how to find these previous owners or know of someone who has tracked down their cars previous owners? Anything helps, thanks

Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:04 PM   #2

Drives: 2004 evo 8

you could run a car history and see where the car originally from and go from there