Sold my Honda and bought another Honda (s2000 content) - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
The Loft (Evom Car Talk Corner) The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Sold my Honda and bought another Honda (s2000 content)

Old May 14, 2018, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Sold my Honda and bought another Honda (s2000 content)

Sold my Berlina Black AP1 s2000 I bought 2 years ago and replaced it with another s2000, this time a 2007 Laguna Blue Pearl

I wanted an 06+ specifically for flashpro/tuning abilities

old car:

New Car

got caught in some of the rain, but made it back before the big storm

Old May 15, 2018, 07:25 AM

Beautiful congrats! LBP is my absolute favorite color on a s2000. I've owned 2 s2ks myself and I still miss them, such amazing cars that don't get the respect they deserve.
Old May 15, 2018, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo9isLife View Post
Beautiful congrats! LBP is my absolute favorite color on a s2000. I've owned 2 s2ks myself and I still miss them, such amazing cars that don't get the respect they deserve.
Good, so they can keep the prices down unlike any other blast from the past lol. Older JDM cars are so damn expensive now.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by jayevo23 View Post
Good, so they can keep the prices down unlike any other blast from the past lol. Older JDM cars are so damn expensive now.
Lol yeah true, though that means more kids will be able to get their hands on them and ruin them unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised at all if in 10-20 years they begin to appreciate the way NSX and Supras have. Truly a legendary car.
Old May 15, 2018, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

I love these and i only got a drive in my cousins car once, his felt like it was driving on rails.
Old May 15, 2018, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jayevo23 View Post
Lol yeah true, though that means more kids will be able to get their hands on them and ruin them unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised at all if in 10-20 years they begin to appreciate the way NSX and Supras have. Truly a legendary car.
y'all are too late... the only way you can get a decent price on an s2k now is if you get lucky and someone is selling there's that doesn't know how much its worth... or one thats in crappy condition, but then you end up spending the money anyway
Old May 16, 2018, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
y'all are too late... the only way you can get a decent price on an s2k now is if you get lucky and someone is selling there's that doesn't know how much its worth... or one thats in crappy condition, but then you end up spending the money anyway
Maybe where you live? Here in FL there is an abundance of decent condition AP1s in the sub $17k range and the super minty clean low mileage AP2s are in the $22-25k range. I would say that's better than "decent" for price considering what you're buying and compared to the Evo 8/9 market.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:38 AM

Quick question about price:

​​​​​​I got a buddy who has 90k miles on 2005. Super clean, has a little leak on weather strip but easy to fix, has all maintenance done so far. He's willing to sell me at 13k with caetbon fiber hard top, full exhaust, coils, works vs xx.

Is that a steal? I've always liked the car but never seriously thought of buying one till now.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by crazyprac View Post

​​​​​​I got a buddy who has 90k miles on 2005. Super clean, has a little leak on weather strip but easy to fix, has all maintenance done so far. He's willing to sell me at 13k with caetbon fiber hard top, full exhaust, coils, works vs xx.

Is that a steal? I've always liked the car but never seriously thought of buying one till now.
Assuming the body is as clean as you say and the engine is in perfect running condition, yes that is a steal... I would be worried why he is selling so cheap.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:50 AM

He gets bored of his cars and doesn't want to bother selling the car to recoup lost. So it's either sell it cheap to his friends or just go to CarMax.

Assuming the body is as clean as you say and the engine is in perfect running condition, yes that is a steal... I would be worried why he is selling so cheap.
​​​​​​
Old May 16, 2018, 11:54 AM

He gets bored of his cars and doesn't want to bother selling the car to recoup lost. So it's either sell it cheap to his friends or just go to CarMax.

​​​​​​
His loss could be your gain I guess.
Old May 16, 2018, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe where you live? Here in FL there is an abundance of decent condition AP1s in the sub $17k range and the super minty clean low mileage AP2s are in the $22-25k range. I would say that's better than "decent" for price considering what you're buying and compared to the Evo 8/9 market.
condsidering the price of the car when new and how old they are now, thats pretty expensive... 3-4 years ago there were AP1's galore for sub 10k, now the only s2k thats 10k are ones that were 4-5k... Evo is doing a little better than the s2k, but evo's are just falling slower. s2k's fell quite cheap and bounced back quite well. I can't think of another sub 40k car thats doing as well as the s2k and evo... I think some STi models are doing ok...
Old May 17, 2018, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that's a steal! They are slowly rising in price.

what color is it?
Old May 17, 2018, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
condsidering the price of the car when new and how old they are now, thats pretty expensive... 3-4 years ago there were AP1's galore for sub 10k, now the only s2k thats 10k are ones that were 4-5k... Evo is doing a little better than the s2k, but evo's are just falling slower. s2k's fell quite cheap and bounced back quite well. I can't think of another sub 40k car thats doing as well as the s2k and evo... I think some STi models are doing ok...
Yeah, this...s2000's did fall pretty hard, then bounced back
The 9's really never went below 20k for low mileage ones

I still have my 9, bought it back in 2006

Old May 17, 2018, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jax419 View Post
Yeah, this...s2000's did fall pretty hard, then bounced back
The 9's really never went below 20k for low mileage ones

I still have my 9, bought it back in 2006

clean evo, I'll give you 10k CASH!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sold my Honda and bought another Honda (s2000 content)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.