Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

English Racing / World Cup Finals / Fastest 1/4 EvO on the Planet

Old Dec 5, 2018, 09:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
English Racing / World Cup Finals / Fastest 1/4 EvO on the Planet

You guys have to see this HQ VID. Watch the whole VID but watch what happens at 6:00
@JohnBradley

7.72 @ 190mph / (no chute deployment?)

Alum rod 2.0L 4G63 / Great Job English Racing w/driver Luke English

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Dec 5, 2018 at 12:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MinusPrevious:
EVO196 (Dec 13, 2018), JohnBradley (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
That was awesome! Good job ER
The following users liked this post:
JohnBradley (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 572 Likes on 430 Posts
Where all the Extreme Tooner dick riders at now?

Glad to see ER have all their hard work pay off.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 08:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
Where all the Extreme Tooner dick riders at now?

Glad to see ER have all their hard work pay off.
Someone #Mericans ran a real 7 without a stupid turbo coming through the hood and eleventy billion RPM and 2200hp, and they're nowhere to be found.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 09:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Don't the extreme tuner guys run on unprepped surfaces only? Kind of a different game than the well prepped drag strips US based cars run on. Not hating on English in anyway, their track record speaks for itself. I just don't really get the extreme tuner hate
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 572 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
Don't the extreme tuner guys run on unprepped surfaces only? Kind of a different game than the well prepped drag strips US based cars run on. Not hating on English in anyway, their track record speaks for itself. I just don't really get the extreme tuner hate
The reason I don't care for them is because they're scam artists. I've seen lots of guys pull similar ****, wrongly advertising parts as something they're not, lying about shipping parts, ignoring customers after they've been paid, etc. It's atrocious business tactics and I hate seeing people like that get glorified because they did one thing special. It's no excuse to turn a blind eye to all the wrong they've done.

Everyone else hates on them because there's a large debate about them fudging numbers, speeding videos up and stuff like that.
Pal215 (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ayoustin

The reason I don't care for them is because they're scam artists. I've seen lots of guys pull similar ****, wrongly advertising parts as something they're not, lying about shipping parts, ignoring customers after they've been paid, etc. It's atrocious business tactics and I hate seeing people like that get glorified because they did one thing special. It's no excuse to turn a blind eye to all the wrong they've done.

Everyone else hates on them because there's a large debate about them fudging numbers, speeding videos up and stuff like that.
oh I see, I didn't know all that. So basically the Greek / Evo Hennessey
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Is it me or is the car in the vid almost all carbon fiber? It sure looks that way, I'm sure its not "all carbon fiber" but a lot of it is..
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
Is it me or is the car in the vid almost all carbon fiber? It sure looks that way, I'm sure its not "all carbon fiber" but a lot of it is..
Im thinking its just the doors & maybe the roof?

Did you not see the run at the 6:00 mark. They lost the drivers CF door a 185mph
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
Hood, doors, roof, trunk, fenders, and "headlights". So just the replaceable body panels.

They run on allegedly "official" drag racing tracks in Greece. If the prep sucks, that's not our problem. They were offered by a US shop to be paid to ship the car here and see whats what. They didn't.

And they're scammers. They took a member here for a lot of money back in the day.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
There are a few very important things that need to be said about Extreme Tuners and where they race and the records they claim. BEFORE THAT HOWEVER it needs to be very clear that no one has a problem with the Greek people as they often seem to presume and post online. I am glad that they are proud of their nation and what they can do, that is great, the issue is not with the Greek people nor what they have done. The issue is ONLY with the claims that Extreme Tuners makes currently and has made in the past.

We race on zero prep surfaces as well as very poorly prepped surfaces so we have TONS of data about what is possible and what isnt. Horsepower (even if it was real) doesnt help in low traction situations. The flat torque afforded by a 91mm turbo could make it a little easier but torque required for the power undoes that right away. No one is going to cut 1.25 60' unless they have the same prep at WCF in Maryland or TX2K because Jason Miller has done the prep there for that event. Literally NOT POSSIBLE IN THE SLIGHTEST. This isnt a case of they know something we dont, its physics based on tires and traction. I personally have a car that makes the same torque as our Drag 8 and is FWD, of all the data possible to collect I do it and have it in order to make my car the fastest it can be. I am not guessing based on some other motive, this is purely based on direct observation and experimentation.

Our car is light, it has 4 carbon doors, fenders, subframes are lightweight, and extensive cutting has been done to get weight out of the car. It is painted Java Black Pearl which blends nicely with the carbon so its not easy to see what is or isnt carbon sometimes in those pictures and videos. We have also done several modifications to the drivetrain and engine control that I am pretty sure no one has done other than us and that helped a significant amount.

Thank you guys very much for sharing this and the kind words, it is nice to know our hard work is appreciated

Aaron
The following 5 users liked this post by JohnBradley:
EVO196 (Dec 13, 2018), JDZNate (Dec 10, 2018), MinusPrevious (Dec 10, 2018), Pal215 (Dec 10, 2018), yawseph (Dec 10, 2018)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 01:42 PM
EvoM Guru

damn... this really turned into everything thats wrong with extreme tuners thread... I thought it was a look how awesome English is..?
JohnBradley (Dec 17, 2018)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 02:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
damn... this really turned into everything thats wrong with extreme tuners thread... I thought it was a look how awesome English is..?
Nah, we don't have to talk about extreme anymore...

English Racing really kicked *** in this run. Police sometimes complain about how someone nearly "blew my doors off!" Here, the car was going so fast that it blew its own doors off haha. 7 Seconds.....man that's insane. Most of us on here don't even know what a 9 second car feels like LOL.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Amazing to see a manual transmission Evo put down the fastest ever time for the platform. Congratulations to English Racing!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Warmmilk - It happens. We have had a firestorm of ET stuff pop up all over social media and I basically have to throw this same comment in everywhere. I like your choice of wording but normally we look at it as "how well we did this one time" ... lol

Search this Thread