Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

What does a Three-Time Le Mans Champion use as a daily driver in Monaco?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
What does a Three-Time Le Mans Champion use as a daily driver in Monaco?

Your Daily Driver as a Three-Time Le Mans Champion

For André Lotterer, it had to be a tuned 1984 Audi Sport Quattro. With a straight pipe.

BY*MÁTÉ PETRÁNY
JAN 2, 2019

André Lotterer had no choice but to get hooked on cars, as his father raced*Ur-Quattros*and Audi 80s working for the former tuner Nothelle, and then managed the RAS team. The younger Lotterer went on to become a multiple LMP1 and Super GT champion, racing for Toyota/Lexus, and Porsche. But his daily comes from his father's era.

This red 1984 Sport Quattro is no garage queen. It packs around 450 horsepower instead of the stock 200, with a lowered suspension, Group B wheels, a tasty Italvolanti Indianapolis Formel steering wheel, and*Lotterer's*personal touch, a straight pipe exhaust system. The officials of Monte Carlo aren't tight on**noise regulations.

The resulting five-cylinder is the perfect car for the rally stages above Monaco, and a daily driver fit for someone used to the speed of Audi R18s.

The following users liked this post:
IzzyRS (Jan 7, 2019)
Old Jan 5, 2019, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Related in that it's an Audi, this is a great story how some German guy rebuilt a Group B car with some propitious help.

Old Jan 8, 2019, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My second car in high school was a straight piped 85 4000 Quattro with a straight 5 cyl I used to rallycross. Loved that car, I wish that I could find another one.