EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   Stumbled upon a dozen Ferrari's earlier (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/294119-stumbled-upon-dozen-ferraris-earlier.html)

06RS Sep 7, 2007 05:00 PM

Stumbled upon a dozen Ferrari's earlier

More than a dozen Ferrari's participated in some sort of cruise this evening. They all started from Algar Ferrari/Maserati in Rosemont PA. I'm not talking about old Testerosa's and Boxer's, these were some serious cars.

By my count I spotted
- 4 F430 Spider's
- 2 F430 Hardtops
- 2 360 Modena's
- 3 550 Maranello's
- 1 599 GTB Fiorano
- 1 512
- 1 Dino

The 599 showed up at the very end. He didn't even have time to pull into the small parking lot. The car was still there long enough to cause me to ruin my underwear. :eek:

I think for each car, there was also a cop. The police presence was quite significant. I guess if you have $2 million in cars sitting out, that's probably not a bad idea.

R33E8 Sep 8, 2007 07:30 AM

Was the 599 gtb a bluish gray color? If it is, I think that persons kid goes to my school.. I rarely see though...

DonHugo Sep 8, 2007 07:37 AM

they're overpriced pos's that require so much maintenance, it's retarded. I used to work for a Ferrari Porsche Maserati and Aston Martin dealership and I hated that job. Driving them gets attention so you are nervous when people are looking at your car and not the road or their own lane and they are quick but I'll take the evo anyday over all of those

except maybe a 997 tt x-50 but I'll get that performance for less than $50k instead of blowing $130k

ziggity Sep 11, 2007 08:13 AM

I think the only way I would ever be able to justify buying a Ferrari is if I could buy it straight cash, had the income to not even blink at maintenance charges, and could tell my secretary to take it in for servicing or some ****. The cumulative price of regular servicing on those machines is absolutely insane.

KevinO Sep 11, 2007 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ziggity (Post 4732606)
I think the only way I would ever be able to justify buying a Ferrari is if I could buy it straight cash, had the income to not even blink at maintenance charges, and could tell my secretary to take it in for servicing or some ****. The cumulative price of regular servicing on those machines is absolutely insane.

isn't that like 90% of ferrari owners? i couldn't see someone buying a ferrari, thinking "oh man i hope i can really afford this car"

baddogevo Sep 11, 2007 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DonHugo (Post 4723466)
they're overpriced pos's that require so much maintenance, it's retarded. I used to work for a Ferrari Porsche Maserati and Aston Martin dealership and I hated that job. Driving them gets attention so you are nervous when people are looking at your car and not the road or their own lane and they are quick but I'll take the evo anyday over all of those

except maybe a 997 tt x-50 but I'll get that performance for less than $50k instead of blowing $130k

Performance isn't everything. I'm sure you could drop an LS1 in a chevette and blow an Evo's ass back. Only one problem, though...

You'd still be driving a chevette.

Ferraris are sex on wheels.... So you could beat a guy with a Ferrari in a race and maintenance is expensive-

You think a Ferrari owner cares?

PS: The Fiorano is the equivalent of being able to bone every hottie in the world, 'on wheels.'

DSM GSR04 Sep 11, 2007 08:22 PM

Im sure a real car enthusiast could do some of the maintenence themselves.......

Kordyte Sep 12, 2007 09:30 AM

But why would they (unless they really really enjoy it)?

Not worth their time, most likely

yellowEVO21 Sep 13, 2007 08:05 AM

i can't believe anyone (if finances weren't an issue) would take an evo over a ferrari....just wouldn't happen