EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/322869-evo-x-vs-evo-viii-ix.html)

Noize Dec 15, 2006 04:47 PM

Evo X vs. Evo VIII and IX

This is a merged catch all thread where you can compare the Evo X to the older CT9A cars. Debate, compare, vent, but please be respectful. Thanks.

romogst Jan 9, 2007 07:05 AM

Evo X vs Evo VIII and IX [merge]

Yes, just like the title says,

Who would trade / sell your VIII or IX for the new EVO X

WHY ?

WHY NOT ?

jmoudry Jan 9, 2007 07:08 AM

I would have to see one in person first. Then I would be more likley to keep my EVO and just buy the X as a second vehicle.

sonicnofadz Jan 9, 2007 07:13 AM

I more of a driving oriented person, so I couldn't justify driving an automatic (evo x). IMHO there will be NO MORE EVO's. An Evolution is a 4G63 powered rally car, not some soccer mom automatic aluminum block piece of crap.

DanJ Jan 9, 2007 07:15 AM

It's is way to early to tell. We don't even know how much power the evo X is going to have. And since it's going to be the first year of a completely new car there are going to be a lot of problems. I will atleast wait another 2 or 3 years until I even consider buying one.

1st because I still have 2 years left on payments on the IX
2nd I want them to fix all the problems they have the first year
3rd No one knows if it's as mod friendly as the IX

Extas Jan 9, 2007 07:15 AM

We'll see how the flappy paddles hold up.

90GSX-03EVO Jan 9, 2007 07:17 AM

I've alreay owned 3 Evo's. None of them have gotten over 30,000 miles on them before they were totaled or sold. It sucks. Not too sure if I would want to get rid of the newest one, especially since it only has just over 1100 miles on it.

avs Jan 9, 2007 07:21 AM

I'll be getting older and will probaly not get an EVO X. Maybe a GTR.

Juice33 Jan 9, 2007 07:25 AM

I am definately excited for the X. I want to see how well the engine holds up to modding and how well the paddle shifting tranny holds up to the power increases too. If both of those can take abuse I will deinately trade my IX on a X. I have a bad left knee so the less clutch use I have to go through, the better. I enjoyed the paddle shifters on my uncle's 360 Challenge Stradale, so I can't see why I won't enjoy them on an Evo.

8urv8 Jan 9, 2007 07:30 AM

I have not read enough or seen enough pictures of the X to become interested in it. I own two vehicles already, my Evo and a truck. Both are 100% paid for which is awesome. I have little desire to pick up another car payment.

MRunner Jan 9, 2007 07:39 AM

I thought all most 100% wise car fanatic will know not to get the first year car model. There will be so many bugs to fix. So....no go for me, need to wait till Evo X have 0% financing ahahah

kashoggio Jan 9, 2007 07:41 AM

hmm i will stick with my baby... just love her too much to give her up

3000ways Jan 9, 2007 07:45 AM

I like the EVO X a lot, but I still don't plan on trading in my EVO IX for a EVO X anytime soon. It's just not a great move for me (money wise) right now. But perhaps after I finish my schooling and get a better paying job in a Hospital then perhaps I might consider it. I too want to see more info such as how much power and how it takes to mods and how much power can be made with tunes? Also how much will parts cost to mod the EVO X. Seriously one of the great advantages of the EVO IX and EVO VIII is not only how well it responds to mods, but how cheap it is to mod. I hope to put down 340-350whp (91 octane pump gas) on my EVO IX when I install Cams and O2 Housing and get re-tuned. All my modifications will have cost me a grand total of $1,900. People keep talking about cars like the 335i, a great car, but do people realize how much is being charged for just a tune and catback exhaust, I believe Shiv is charging around $3,000+ for stage 1. So my point is I want to see how well the EVO X responds to mods and the cost.

Bonestock! Jan 9, 2007 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by romogst (Post 3840717)
Yes, just like the title says,

Who would trade / sell your VIII or IX for the new EVO X

WHY ?

WHY NOT ?

I wouldnt buy an X in its first year. I'd wait till the second year or so.

newbieEVO8 Jan 9, 2007 07:58 AM

I plan on paying off my 8 then buying a X as a dd and keeping the 8 as a weekend warrior.