EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   CSF Radiator’s EVO X / Race Car (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/751960-csf-radiatoris-evo-x-race-car.html)

MinusPrevious Nov 24, 2018 06:02 PM

CSF Radiator’s EVO X / Race Car

Just bumped into this new YT posting. In the past, i was certainly not a fan of the X but i have recently done a 180°

Want Dallas to see the lower front billet arms @Dallas J

This is an amazing build

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...da9c63f258.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...511feecee9.jpg

Ayoustin Nov 24, 2018 08:44 PM

Interesting build, definitely won't pass a tech at any road course, at least not without a respirator lol. It could probably be competitive with some actual aero and if they can get the suspension dialed in.

Always blows my mind to see people throw six digits at building a car and still use the factory shifter.

Dallas J Nov 24, 2018 08:57 PM

I forget where I saw those control arms, I think from my buddy in switzerland, Phil Rötheli. But IIRC, the end is actually welded into the arm body. Its a spendy arm also, I dont remember how much but it was a fair bit more than mine. But it follows the same mentality as mine with a proper caster adjustment. I wonder how they clamp the inner bearing though. Is it retained with just a snap ring or positively clamped?

MinusPrevious Nov 25, 2018 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by ayoustin (Post 11850143)
Interesting build, definitely won't pass a tech at any road course, at least not without a respirator lol. It could probably be competitive with some actual aero and if they can get the suspension dialed in.
Always blows my mind to see people throw six digits at building a car and still use the factory shifter.

Yeah, i see what youre saying. The EvO was purchased for 20K, as a roller, & was already prepped w/the cage & the carbon fiber fuel cell (it was a World Challenge car). For sure it needs aero (needs a chassis supported rear wing & front aero). Needs a sequential box for sure. Maybe could be a GTA car?

Originally Posted by Dallas J (Post 11850145)
I forget where I saw those control arms, I think from my buddy in switzerland, Phil Rötheli. But IIRC, the end is actually welded into the arm body. Its a spendy arm also, I dont remember how much but it was a fair bit more than mine. But it follows the same mentality as mine with a proper caster adjustment. I wonder how they clamp the inner bearing though. Is it retained with just a snap ring or positively clamped?

Thanks Dallas. Definitely wanted you see this. Heres another SS of the arms. They are Ralliart arms. One arm is blue & the other red
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...94598c321b.jpg

Ayoustin Nov 25, 2018 09:11 AM

Yea they could run it in GTA unlimiited class but I think they'd be best actually driving the car first and getting used to it. I don't know anything about the owner but he still seems pretty green when it comes to track driving.

I don't see how they're getting much caster adjustment with those arms due to how narrow the receiving slot in the subframe is for the forward connection on the arm.

LetsGetThisDone Nov 25, 2018 09:39 AM

They're gonna want to rethink that exhaust lol

huzzle101 Nov 25, 2018 09:45 AM

Saw this on the Hoonigan series too, B is for Build. There is another great build recently on it, 2012 Subaru with an RB26 engine.

Ayoustin Nov 25, 2018 09:52 AM

Am I the only person who couldn't care less about show car builds?

huzzle101 Nov 25, 2018 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ayoustin (Post 11850189)
Am I the only person who couldn't care less about show car builds?

Most of the ones i have seen, are also track cars, this one i believe he wants to take to the track also.

MinusPrevious Nov 25, 2018 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11850185)

Thats a good point Sean. Might be just fine for the 1/4 but running a 30 minute / multiple TA laps could pose a Carbon Mon issue?

NFSEvolutionGSR Nov 25, 2018 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 11850168)
Needs a TC-SST for sure.

FTFY

Has anyone here actually used a SYVECS ECU on an MR? If so, what does it allow you to control over and above the stock ECU in that regard? They posted a laundry-list of things that their unit can do, and I am dying to know if it lives up to the price.

WarmMilk Nov 27, 2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ayoustin (Post 11850143)

they did say they were gonna redo the exhaust when they start doing time attack with it... the first build round was SEMA car for the CSF booth, so has more showy than go-y features

someone should tell them that CAE makes a shifter for the car tho, huh

Originally Posted by ayoustin (Post 11850183)
Yea they could run it in GTA unlimiited class but I think they'd be best actually driving the car first and getting used to it. I don't know anything about the owner but he still seems pretty green when it comes to track driving.

I don't see how they're getting much caster adjustment with those arms due to how narrow the receiving slot in the subframe is for the forward connection on the arm.

pretty sure this is the kinda owner that hires a hot shoe for laptimes... that being said, they won't be breaking any records unless they radically redo the aero. all it has now is a more show than go splitter and a mild wing (looks like APR GTC 200). thats street class aero on an unlimited class car. these days you can't be competitive in Limited and up without serious aero.

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11850185)

they did say they were gonna redo the exhaust when they start doing time attack with it... the first build round was SEMA car for the CSF booth, so has more showy than go-y features

LetsGetThisDone Nov 27, 2018 12:03 PM

Idk, I won't hold my breath to see that thing on track. There is a guy in Vegas with show EvoX. Has a lot of nice show and go parts on it, and a highly questionable roll cage. He has been talking about "getting it out on the track" since 2015. He probably has $80k in the car, and zero driving skill. Makes like 650whp, and all he continues to do is more mods to continue to "get it ready for the track".

WarmMilk Nov 27, 2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11850497)
Idk, I won't hold my breath to see that thing on track. There is a guy in Vegas with show EvoX. Has a lot of nice show and go parts on it, and a highly questionable roll cage. He has been talking about "getting it out on the track" since 2015. He probably has $80k in the car, and zero driving skill. Makes like 650whp, and all he continues to do is more mods to continue to "get it ready for the track".

yeah, but this is the owner of CSF... or one of owners... this car is basically advertising for them, so dumping so much money into it and then not getting all the advertisement out of it doesn't really make sense. Not really saying you're wrong, just saying this one is more likely to see track use than your average show car owner "getting it ready for the track"

deylag Nov 28, 2018 08:10 PM

I can appreciate the engineering and development that went into this Evo X. Definitely one of a kind and it is amazing to see how much attention to detail and thought went to each individual component. I hope they let an experienced track driver take the reins of this Evo and try to set some records.

It blew my mind that MotoIQ finished the build on this Evo X. Although it seemed like Mike Kojima and the owner of CSF didn't know anything about Evos I am sure it was a ploy so they could talk about all the original elements on this Evo.

CZ4A is not as thoroughly supported as the CT9A so some parts on this Evo are lightyears ahead of whatever is available.