EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   Audio TT RS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/753514-audio-tt-rs.html)

Grimgrak Mar 12, 2019 07:51 PM

Audio TT RS

Anyone got one? Can't believe they are lighter than ct9a stock and people are already cranking out 1khp on them....
How do they handle compared to a ct9a? I'm sure it's worlds better in DD duties.

Construct Mar 12, 2019 08:53 PM

Fortunately, I don't have any more garage space. Otherwise I'd probably have an RS3 or TT-RS.

AWD, 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, decent tuning overhead in factory trim, great interior, and reasonable curb weight. On paper, it should be like a mini GTR.

I've only done minimal research on them, for the sake of my wallet. With the right camber plates some people were getting into the 2.0-2.5 range for camber. I see people fitting 265s or 275s without too much trouble. Still has a front-heavy 61/39 weight distribution like the Evo, though.

WarmMilk Mar 13, 2019 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Grimgrak (Post 11864290)
Anyone got one? Can't believe they are lighter than ct9a stock and people are already cranking out 1khp on them....
How do they handle compared to a ct9a? I'm sure it's worlds better in DD duties.

its also double the price... as far as handling goes, I don't have any direct experience, but I'd expect the Audi to do everything better other than last 200k miles

WarmMilk Mar 13, 2019 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Construct (Post 11864294)
Fortunately, I don't have any more garage space. Otherwise I'd probably have an RS3 or TT-RS.

AWD, 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, decent tuning overhead in factory trim, great interior, and reasonable curb weight. On paper, it should be like a mini GTR.

I've only done minimal research on them, for the sake of my wallet. With the right camber plates some people were getting into the 2.0-2.5 range for camber. I see people fitting 265s or 275s without too much trouble. Still has a front-heavy 61/39 weight distribution like the Evo, though.

funny you should say that

Grimgrak Mar 13, 2019 07:34 PM

It's like an evo with more displacement and similar or less weight only issue is handling for me.

WarmMilk Mar 13, 2019 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Grimgrak (Post 11864404)
It's like an evo with more displacement and similar or less weight only issue is handling for me.

in a way I understand where you're coming from, I see and audi and instantly think understeer (except R8)... but I'm under the impression that this car handles better than most other audi's... and I doubt its worse than the CTR...

blackline Mar 22, 2019 01:27 PM

That 5 cylinder motor is no joke.

SimpleJack Apr 10, 2019 11:20 AM

They'll be in the mid 8s soon

Jeff_Jeske Apr 13, 2019 07:50 PM

I sold my 9 and picked up a TTRS. Right off the showroom floor it is capable of 80% of what my track EVO was. But to get that additional 20% is gonna take some work.

lv05evo Apr 15, 2019 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske (Post 11868451)
I sold my 9 and picked up a TTRS. Right off the showroom floor it is capable of 80% of what my track EVO was. But to get that additional 20% is gonna take some work.

Can you elaborate on this? Power doesn't seem to be the issue, I think, so what are the handling limitations?