EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   Adios (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/764643-adios.html)

kaj Jan 29, 2023 01:20 PM

Adios

After 15 years of Evos, the end had finally come. I miss the car already. I learned a TON. On to newer things. Keep hope alive :lol:

https://youtu.be/h-esWy9gIQQ

varv Jan 29, 2023 03:47 PM

Where faith dwells hope is never lost :D

RallySport9 Jan 29, 2023 07:27 PM

We've had our differences on this forum, you've contributed a lot to the community with your knowledge on these cars and you are a genuine enthusiast. Good luck on your future path. Sad to see it driving away like that after so many years together. What a beautiful looking car.

Jp7 Jan 29, 2023 07:56 PM

You're not the only one that feels that way. I had my car for 17 years also and I went from changing oil in my driveway laying on my back, to doing custom paint and tig welding fabrication in my shop. It feels nice even know we sold our cars- the skills will stay forever as long as we keep them sharp!

RazorLab Jan 30, 2023 09:28 AM

Mk5 Supra gang converted another. ;)

Tim M Jan 30, 2023 10:02 AM

Bummer! Good Luck!

Biggiesacks Jan 30, 2023 11:28 AM

Sad to see, hopefully it went to a good home. Good luck with your new projects. {thumbup}

Thoe99 Jan 30, 2023 06:17 PM

farewell, from another old member!

LetsGetThisDone Jan 31, 2023 09:13 AM

I got an almost good enough offer to sell mine a few months ago. Still passed on it. I like owning an icon.

slocho Jan 31, 2023 09:36 AM

Thanks for all your contributions kaj, enjoy your new journey! Cars will always keep evolving, im just glad we have so many to choose from. I do not look forward to the day I no longer have my evo.

kaj Jan 31, 2023 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone (Post 11965353)
I got an almost good enough offer to sell mine a few months ago. Still passed on it. I like owning an icon.

Me too, but that's not good enough reason for me to take up another parking spot. The owner is SUPER stoked and the car will get 100% more drive time. So much better than collecting dust on my back patio.

Originally Posted by slocho (Post 11965355)
Thanks for all your contributions kaj, enjoy your new journey! Cars will always keep evolving, im just glad we have so many to choose from. I do not look forward to the day I no longer have my evo.

I'm bummed, but I thought I would be more sad. I think I finally realized the car was literally wasting away sitting under the patio cover. The only time I paid attention to it was to walk around it getting to the garage. I have zero plans for the car. I did what I could with it. It was time to let someone else enjoy it.

Lightsaber Feb 5, 2023 06:02 PM

I hope you will have a pleasant ownership experience with the new car!

I can understand the feeling myself. My stock-ish Evo X costed me 10 grands in repairs in 2022 (the most costly were blown shocks and a leaking stock CMC). If she continues to be a money pit for a couple more years, I'm mentally prepared to trade her in for a more humble car (like an S550 Ecoboost or RZ34 6MT) for daily driving. If she becomes reliable again, then I want to keep her as long as I can. The folks in regional Evo clubs are great, and the enjoyment I have going to places in an Evo is more memorable than in the AMGs and Porsches that Vancouverites like to brag about, at a fraction of the cost to own.

kaj Feb 5, 2023 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lightsaber (Post 11965536)
I hope you will have a pleasant ownership experience with the new car!

I can understand the feeling myself. My stock-ish Evo X costed me 10 grands in repairs in 2022 (the most costly were blown shocks and a leaking stock CMC). If she continues to be a money pit for a couple more years, I'm mentally prepared to trade her in for a more humble car (like an S550 Ecoboost or RZ34 6MT) for daily driving. If she becomes reliable again, then I want to keep her as long as I can. The folks in regional Evo clubs are great, and the enjoyment I have going to places in an Evo is more memorable than in the AMGs and Porsches that Vancouverites like to brag about, at a fraction of the cost to own.

​​​​​​I Hear ya. With the case of my IX, I finally came to the realization that I can appreciate and acknowledge how great the cars are without having to own one. That was freeing. I have a new excitement with what lies ahead.

CurseDSM Feb 6, 2023 04:11 PM

Wtf Kaj? I finally get around to reading your ****ing build thread and you sell the damn car wtf. I will say though I think I shed a tear being I feel like we all going to lose a long lost friend of the forums :( good luck with your endevers my friend.

kaj Feb 6, 2023 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by CurseDSM (Post 11965616)
Wtf Kaj? I finally get around to reading your ****ing build thread and you sell the damn car wtf. I will say though I think I shed a tear being I feel like we all going to lose a long lost friend of the forums :( good luck with your endevers my friend.

Yeah, it pretty much sucks. On the bright side, I heard from the new owner today. He can't stop raving about how awesome the car is. It was perfect :lol: It's amazing how fun these cars are when they don't make 700 horsepower lolI'll be sticking around until I sell all my parts. Not quite rid of me just yet :lol: