Notices
Marketplace Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

Ohlins DFV shock set with installed springs (plus extra sets), custom caster plates.

For Sale

Steering/Suspension

Mar 26, 2019, 02:39 PM | Replies: 4 | Views: 1132
  • Steering/Suspension - Ohlins DFV shock set with installed springs (plus extra sets), custom caster plates. - Used - 2003 to 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Gambrills, MD 21054, United States
    Expired
  • Steering/Suspension - Ohlins DFV shock set with installed springs (plus extra sets), custom caster plates. - Used - 2003 to 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - Gambrills, MD 21054, United States
    Expired
    Expired

• Price
    $2,200
  • Location Gambrills, MD, 21054, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 2003 - 2006
Description:

These are not what you can buy anywhere as they have been custom revalved by an authorized Ohlins master dealer/ distributor on the East coast and have custom CNC front caster plates. They shocks were originally purchased from an outfit/ shop that claims to be "experts" with Evo suspension setups--- needless to say they were not even close to their claim as they were out of the box stock. Sad to say, and enough of that. The caster plates were modeled after the Ohlins with the extra caster built in and are anodized black.

The shocks are around 4-years old and have less than 1500-miles on them as I AX the car and I do drive it to and from events...and being in the Mid-Atlantic region... the season is only so long. They were originally run in the configuration when first received, then spring rates were changed numerous times, and finally they were all sent out to be revalved and again spring rates changed. The difference is simply day and night as prior to it all I was at one end of the settings--- now I am in the middle and have the ability to actually adjust either direction. I do have the shock dyno plots for both before and after to go with the set.

I am also including the original top plates from Ohlins, but as mentioned, the custom adjustable caster plates are installed. Again, made a difference and worth having them made. Ohlins threaded shock collar tools also included. Six pairs of springs total are also included that are listed below.

Shocks are in excellent working order and are currently installed. Depending on when my others come in, I may end up running them for 1-2 events . If you're looking for a way to be competitive in an Evo VIII or IX and have the other supporting components....they will definitely be worth your while. You ask why I am changing and what I am changing? Simply it is the "Evolution" of my Evo. Yes, pun intended but is still so true!

If you do purchase them, I will help you shortcut the setup and give you pointers as to where to start as a whole. Basically what I have invested into over the past number of years. My price is firm and I am willing to ship for which the shocks will come in the original boxes.

The following spring rates are included. They are a mixture of Swift Springs, Hyperco, and Ohlins:
(1pr) 9kg/mm
(2pr) 10kg/mm
(1pr) 12kg/mm
(1pr) 700lb/in (~12.50kg/mm)
(1pr) 800lb/in (~14.28kg/mm)

The revalving of the shocks, extra springs, and caster plates alone cost about $1400. Again, this will give you the flexibility without having to hunt parts down. So with over $4800 invested it gives you a good head start for good price. More pics with the off of the car coming soon.

Any questions, please PM me.

Last edited by Technical10; Jun 6, 2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
So you want 2800 for a set of used Ohlins and you won’t disclose the spring rates, because if you did that everyone would run to copy the rates just so they can be that much faster.
Man what has happened to the Evo community.
The following 2 users liked this post by GSX_TO_EVO:
Fox_IX (Mar 28, 2019), Turndown (Apr 21, 2019)
Old Mar 28, 2019, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ad has been edited. Let me know what you think. Pics will follow later today.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be interested in some springs if you're willing to separate
Old Apr 1, 2019, 08:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello

A photo of the item w/a sign containing the date & your user name is required, please

Thanks,