EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/index.php)
-   Marketplace (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII 2005 Black 41k Miles 100% STOCK UNICORN (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=749824)

Hypeboost Jul 11, 2018 07:24 PM

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII 2005 Black 44k Miles 100% STOCK UNICORN

Up for sale is my 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR. Color is all original, Tarmac Black Metallic. Car is a 2-owner, 44k miles example. 5-speed manual (stronger than the 6-speed), 4WD, cloth Recaros. No moonroof. This year included the Active Center Differential, and the 10.5 larger hotside turbo.

100% stock. No engine mods. No suspension mods. No body mods. Everything is OEM, straight from the factory, even the original antenna, floor mats, and front bumper license plate mount are all Mitsubishi. Brand new shift knob, also OEM. Spoiler is in mint condition, no clearcoat damage whatsoever.

UPDATE: 8/26 -- Spoiler has been professionally protected with Xpel clear vinyl paint protection, to protect the carbon fiber from clear coat damage. This should last for the life of the car.

UPDATE: 10/1 -- Getting more and more attention to the car. Put the stock Evo 8 "Altezza" tail lights back on it to give it an even more 100% stock standing. Evo 7 "Red"s included in sale.

The only things that is "done" is an Alpine head unit. Original Mitsubishi stereo included.

Timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, balance belt, turbo to downpipe gasket, spark plugs and crankshaft bolt all done for preventative maintenance at 37,360 miles. This car is ready to be driven, modded, or collected for the next 10 years with all this done. Receipt and invoice shows the work done by E2 Motorsports in Long Island.

Personally, all oil changes done religiously every 4k miles, Mobil Fully Synthetic 5W30. Windshield replaced at 40k miles due to minor chip. Bridgestone Potenza tires with 80% tread left, on stock Evo 8 wheels. A winter setup of Evo 9 GSR Enkei wheels are included in sale, with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires installed.

All service records, since the day it rolled off the dealer lot, is included. Oil changes, stereo installs, inspection passes, even a few car washes. No accident history. Clear title, in hand.

Exterior paint is exceptional. Car is hand washed and waxed twice a month, and any time after it rains. Garaged every night. Besides the rock chips in the front bumper, scuff on the rear bumper due to bumper bumping, and less door dings and paint imperfections than you can count on one hand, you're not going to find another example in this shape. Near mint condition and you won't disagree.

This is a UNICORN of an Evo VIII. Beautiful condition, perfect stock example ready for any owner to do whatever they want. 4G63 engine is bulletproof, tune this up to 350hp with a remap or go all the way up to 1000hp with a fully built engine setup.

I know how rare these cars are, and how desirable a stock version is. If you don't, Jalopnik recently wrote about how important and rare the Evo VIII is now a days.
https://jalopnik.com/the-mitsubishi-...cra-1796272556
Also don't forget a 9-mile VIII MR version sold for $137,954.
https://jalopnik.com/this-lancer-evo...-fo-1797226406

Asking $27,000, CASH OR MAJOR BANK CERTIFIED CHECK ONLY. Do not waste my time with unreasonable "Kelley Blue Book" offers. No trades. Not in a rush to sell at all, as this is a weekend car for me anyways. Mileage will go up, updating as it stands. Test drive only with cash-in-hand.

kaj Jul 11, 2018 10:13 PM

In before someone mentions how the car is not 100% stock. :D

Hypeboost Jul 12, 2018 06:49 AM

Easier to write than 99.99999842% stock.

kaj Jul 12, 2018 10:38 AM

That, it is! GLWS!

Hypeboost Jul 14, 2018 08:36 AM

Thanks kaj, appreciate it!

Bump

Hypeboost Jul 19, 2018 09:44 AM

Got a few offers but no takers yet. Price is negotiable. Bump!

Hypeboost Jul 24, 2018 08:43 PM

Bump.

Hypeboost Aug 3, 2018 02:30 PM

Bump!

Hypeboost Aug 7, 2018 06:37 PM

Bump. Got a few offers but no payments yet. The few people who have seen it have been definitely impressed!

Hypeboost Aug 15, 2018 06:03 PM

Bump. Price lowered to 29k but firmer. Car just crossed over 42k miles but for some reason I can't update the title.

Hypeboost Aug 26, 2018 05:17 PM

Bump. The spoiler deck has been professionally paint protected with xpel UV-resistant clear vinyl, so now clear coat rot will never happen.

Hypeboost Sep 2, 2018 07:55 PM

bump. open to reasonable offers.

Hypeboost Sep 16, 2018 08:54 PM

Thanks to everyone who came and saw the Evo at Caffiene & Carburetors today in Connecticut!

badhabit90 Sep 18, 2018 09:52 AM

good luck with sale. these are definitely getting MORE rare(especially the tarmac black color)...and values are increasing for lower mileage vehicles in great condition...mine was appraised at this value. only 3 in the country available with the SSL package listed.

I, too, have a low mile Evo 8. SSL version. Tarmac Black. I just crossed over into the 35k mile club. OG owner. OG window sticker. garaged. never seen rain...has some tasteful minor mods with all stock parts stored.(wheels, suspension, etc.)..

beautiful car.

p.s. somewhere on EVOm there is a listing of how many of each color were imported into the US for each year and model. if my memory serves me right, in 2004, only 6000 were imported, only 3000 were tarmac black gsr version, and of those 1800 had the SSL package...i could be incorrect...i just cant find the post..

kaj Sep 18, 2018 10:22 AM

"Only" half were black. 😛