EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/index.php)
-   Marketplace (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   Evo 9 ported compressor cover (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=752521)

SnailSpeed Jan 4, 2019 10:46 AM

Evo 9 ported compressor cover

Had this compressor cover sitting for a while so I ported and polished the inlet/outlet. Removed off of an evo 9 turbo that I converted to a 20g. Not sure if it will do anything for power but shoot me an offer.

2006EvoIXer Jan 5, 2019 10:24 AM

Looks good! How did you port it on center of inlet? And how deep on outlet end did you port?

SnailSpeed Jan 5, 2019 10:41 AM

I used a carbide burr then a sand flapper then polishing compound on the inlet to get rid of the lip on it and polished all the way till about where the edge of the compressor blade sits. On the outlet i mainly used a sand flapper to get rid of the casting stamps/marks and went as deep as the flapper would fit, probably about 3-4" deep maybe a little more.

2006EvoIXer Jan 5, 2019 10:58 AM

Sorry, I meant to ask about the compressor wheel side of inlet. Basically, how did you hold the shape so that 20G clearance to cover is consistent all around.

2006EvoIXer Jan 5, 2019 10:59 AM

Also, I hope you were using a certified air filter mask when sanding. Aluminum dust is toxic when inhaled.

SnailSpeed Jan 5, 2019 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer (Post 11855308)
Also, I hope you were using a certified air filter mask when sanding. Aluminum dust is toxic when inhaled.

Oh I just purchased a compressor cover machined for a 20g wheel lol. No way I could do that myself without a lathe. That’s why I have this compressor cover laying around. This will only fit a stock 16g compressor wheel tho. I wore a respirator for painting when I polished, I also did it outside in the wind.

2006EvoIXer Jan 5, 2019 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by SnailSpeed (Post 11855317)

Oh I just purchased a compressor cover machined for a 20g wheel lol. No way I could do that myself without a lathe. That’s why I have this compressor cover laying around. This will only fit a stock 16g compressor wheel tho. I wore a respirator for painting when I polished, I also did it outside in the wind.

I was impressed thinking you found a creative way to keep it centered. Lol

SnailSpeed Jan 5, 2019 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer (Post 11855319)
I was impressed thinking you found a creative way to keep it centered. Lol

i wish lol. If i was able to do that by hand I would be pretty rich lol.

SnailSpeed Jan 14, 2019 07:49 PM

still for sale.

SnailSpeed Jan 16, 2019 09:51 PM

Guys to clarify this cover is still meant to work with a stock 16g wheel, I ported it and polished it but did not machine it for a bigger wheel. I installed a different compressor cover that was already machined for the bigger wheel.

SnailSpeed Jan 29, 2019 04:03 PM

sold