Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andross85
The tein flex your kid asking from me should have arrived

with hazard waste inside
ROFL!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GEJEN
you should never ship an item until the money is in your bank account.
It's funny you mentioned that. Stubhub.com works like that. My wife had to send out the tickets she sold but won't get the money until the tickets are shipped.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andross85
The tein flex your kid asking from me should have arrived

with hazard waste inside
haha good one...
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
well, they haven't banned you because they're still logging your IP's, to be used to verify if the emails came from the same ip address. If theres no link, you have no problems... but if there is
well the private messages to you guys... will come from my cause i hit you up from my computer... but if you got phony paypal emails... that won't be from mine... cause well i didn't send them...
so according to you i should have no problems cool... i feel better already...
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
ditto. I'm the other guy. Reported it in, cause it just didn't seem right.

Paypal noted they'd contact me if they needed any more info for prosecution. They've obviously been tracking this guy for a bit.

He wanted to buy the DLI i have up for sale. wanted it overnighted. Sure, no prob. Send him the invoice, got the same scam email, called paypal, they confirmed it was fake (although the fake email was DAMN good. )

Hope he loves the butt-raping he'll get in ***-prison.
Brian's too smart to fall for that scam.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Brian's too smart to fall for that scam.
thats the thing. i actually nearly did. thats why i spent 30 minutes on hold with paypal 2 night ago, til i got to somebody that could actually talk to me, rather than say "if you recieved a phony email, you should send it to...., and change your password, and etc."

Was finally able to pass along all the info that we know here, so that paypal knows of the connection between the above user, and the mentioned aol email address. And with the help of speed above, pass on the proper names and contact info for the site admin to release the IP records. Once you finally get to a manager, they care. lol.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Well, for the record, if you read all the TOS documents on Paypal, you should never respond to an email that's ending in @inbox.com, it would be paypal.com, and also, Paypal has never sent me an email requesting information, and never will. It's also a policy I believe.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

I also got scammed by this douche bag! Sold my BR HTA 35R kit, shipped it and never got the money! Thankfully I still have all the emails for Paypal, and he wasnt smart enough to be there when UPS attempted to deliver it! $3k turbo kit with insurance has to be signed for, so thankfully UPS intercepted it and it is back in safe hands at my house!

Now its time for this **** munch to be behind bars and being railed by a big one!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 08:11 PM

Add TSEITZ123 to the list of scammers read this thread, be careful in NJ

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=362481
Attention!! NEW JERSEY-- middlesex county area - evolutionm.net
Old Aug 13, 2008, 05:23 AM

Thumbs down

Add :dancarroll0283 to the list. I paid him for a AEM EMS but never got it. Instead I only got a partial payment of $300. The missing $600 has yet to be sent back to me. It's already August and almost half a year now since I've supposed to get my $$$ back. After several phone calls and conversations it's more BS excuses. I've also tried to dispute with Paypal but all they could do was record and do nothing else because its like past their 90 day poicy i believe. So I'm out $600. Here's the link to my /supposedly my AEM EMS:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=AEM+EMS
After at least 6 phone conversations I knew I fuber'd up and got scammed by a con artist. He's also got a negative feedback left by me. My feedback left for me is nothing but %100 so look out for this guy if he ever sings on with a different screename. His real Name is : Daniel Carroll
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:32 AM
Admin Alumni

I didn't realize there were this many issues.....you guys can PM me or any other Staff member with the particulars and we'll do what we can to help. If you ask around, members will tell you that we will help as much as possible; we really do look out for our members and I'm not afraid to let the banstick swing when needed.

SASD209

Last edited by SASD209; Aug 14, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

lately i've been getting a lot of pms about my parts for sale...odd thing is all these people don't have any posts/feedback AT ALL and they are asking me to send a paypal request to them. does this seem weird to anyone else?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by GEJEN
you should never ship an item until the money is in your bank account.
I agree.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Bastards, i get scammed a lot on here
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something everyone should probably consider is that there is a certain amount of personal responsibility involved here. If a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is. If you have that little nagging feeling or even a shadow of doubt then let it go and let someone else deal with it. Maybe even forward the thread and your correspondence to the mods on here. Although I've done quite a few deals on here, I have walked away from quite a few more because of something just not seeming quite right. DON'T WORRY if someone has one for sale today, there will be one for sale tomorrow! I am not saying that some predators aren't good at what they do as I have been scammed before, however if we are proactive we can minimize the amount of times it happens here by making ourselves hard targets for the scammers.

Josh

Quick Reply: Scam Alert