Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, i remember reading about this. Hopefully everything works out for ya.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmmmm, I see a Greek name in your list.

I can't really say much as I just accused somebody of scamming a vendor when they were not.

Your post should clear the air though. GL
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:40 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
so seller did promise 100% working condition. playing devil's advocate and ASSUMING he didn't know (bought from another seller and now selling before using), he knows now. give him the money back. not like it's $1,000.
how is this not resolved yet?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
so seller did promise 100% working condition. playing devil's advocate and ASSUMING he didn't know (bought from another seller and now selling before using), he knows now. give him the money back. not like it's $1,000.
I agree, but there is no possible way that he didn't know. The knobs are right on top of the damper. I think my first action straight out of the box was to attempt to turn them, you don't buy something and just don't touch it.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
+1

If the seller didn't have some sort of an angle and/or hadn't made this sale in some sort of state of financial desperation then the refund would have been already handled.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:47 PM

Hi, im new here and i actually dont even drive an evo, but a toyota mr2 (dont kill me) with an apexi RX6 kit ..
I went here because it was the only place i found someone (EvoEntropy/Caleb) with an apexi IHI TCW77 turbo (kit) for sale and i needed to upgrade my TCW76 to the TCW77. I was a happy guy until i received the parts from EvoEntropy. The kit was missing the Exhaust pipe, first part. The manifold was cracked which i found out myself by looking at pictures that he sent me, but as this was the only thing i thought i could weld it, no big deal to me at that time. further on..The wastegate was missing the Valve, the air filter had large holes in it, and the turbos turbine wheel was F__ked up.. If he had told me all of this before i bought it, i could have just bought the turbo itself for a cheaper price as the turbos compressor side is the part i only really needed for my kit. But no, it was a low mileage kit with.. "nothing wrong with it" in his own words.. His for sale thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...s-partout.html

Even though the price was pretty low for such a kit, i seriously thought that it should be ok as he said and claimed... i took him for a good guy by looking at his sales feedbacks and that he had been a member for a long time.
Paypal even ruled against me.. dont know why, have sent an email to them because i want answers.

If i knew this before i bought it i would have just bought myself a brand new turbo only for 18k usd - discount instead of a pile of metal junk
This sucks!!

Last edited by MrTwo; Sep 29, 2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:57 PM

I will post a few pictures right away..

The feeling when someone steals your money isnt the best one
Old Sep 29, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Paypal should deal better with thiefs.. I got scammed before for 600 bucks paypal didn't do ****..
The only used part I wouldt buy is colovers and turbos...unless I know the guy and I trust him a lot of people on this board are honest .. I would sugest to request more detailed pictures when it comes to turbos or coils

Last edited by tweakdsm; Sep 29, 2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
Paypal should deal better with thiefs.. I got scammed before for 600 bucks paypal didn't do ****..
The only used part I wouldt buy is colovers and turbos...unless I know the guy and I trust him a lot of people on this board are honest .. I would sugest to request more detailed pictures when it comes to turbos or coils
Paypal has kind of a flawed system. Yes you can open a dispute, but if you end up having another issue with the seller, you cannot open another dispute for something else. Good scammers probably know about this loophole and could exploit it pretty easily.

Seller sells item to buyer, buyer pays. Buyer waits, and doesn't get item. Buyer opens dispute, and only then does the seller ship the item. Buyer gets the item and finds out its bad, and now he's stuck with it because he's already opened a dispute. Happened to me.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
(O_O)

Doesn't sound like a servicemember to me.

Probably Navy or Air Force is he was. Army and Marines dont **** around.
Sorry, I just lol'd at this Good stuff.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Sellers beware of "Darkn3s"

I recently just sold a few parts and had an issue sending them out within a week. I made sure everyone who bought parts from me knew the situation and reassured them I'd send everything out. I told them the situation and 2/3 were understanding and just requested the tracking number once I was able to ship the parts. It's been over a week since everyone received their parts and yet "Darkn3s" feels the need to try to get his money back via paypal...? I provided the tracking number as well as a detailed description to paypal on the circumstances and what happened. Now my account is in the neg. balance because of him. It's just annoying. I didn't want to make this thread because there is always another side to the story, but in this case he's read my PMs and had ample time to correct the situation. I'm not denying that I took 1.5 weeks to ship the parts out, but I had an emergency that wouldn't allow me to do so. I apologized sincerely to everyone.

I've never had a problem like this before. I've tried sending him PMs which I know he's read and he's been on evom. I just want everyone to be aware of this guy. It literally takes 2 seconds to go on paypal and close the dispute. I really don't understand some people.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune bro. It happen to me once in here too but I was the buyer and paypal wouldn't do anything to help me out. I just spend $635 for one f***ing door that is damage too. It was suppose to be 2 doors, 1 fender and 1 sideskirt. That a-hole probably send me one door, sell the other parts to someone else and claim he send them to me but some went somewhere else.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow there's a lot of these horror stories happening on EvoM recently, sorry to hear that, I have been the buyer several times and some cases the seller takes a while to ship, but I always give it some time and understanding, some people think they are getting parts from vendors who have a shipping department, it's a for sale FORUM! with regular people trying to sell extra parts, I back the OP on this one
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

I had a problem like that once but i closed the dispute and rating feedback after i got the product
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I totally understand being concerned with scammers and not knowing if you're going to get your parts. Using paypal kind of secures that if you never hear after paying for your part you can get your money back. But don't abuse the system.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert