Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i know that it could be replaced but i had already paid for a trans that was supposed to be in great working shape. plus my car was on a lift with the trans out and didnt have another car to drive or anything while the other trans was being fixed

i asked him for either a refund or help on getting it fixed being i didnt feel i should of had to pay to do so but got neither instead he blamed me
Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank god

+1 for paypal res center

got my money back

hope the rest of u get sorted

all the best
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow you got a refund for now?? make sure they dont pull it back out i have seen them give money back then do a investigation and then repull the money right back out. Man so you never got your parts
Old Jan 8, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
That user is now banned for not responding and working to get refunds.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

yea thats crazy, paypal has always screwed me over unless i bought it on ebay
Old Jan 8, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

To back up what Timmay81 is trying to explain about the trans, I personally have the trans in my possession right now to look at it and see what we can do for it. Well the problem with the trans that Timmay has explained is just the small part of it.
I tore the thing apart to inspect it and wouldn't you know, syncro teeth were laying in the bottom of the case, 3rd gear syncro was completely stripped clean off, 2 broken syncro springs, and a bent shift fork. Not to mention it was clearly visible the trans was driven on bone dry, no fluid what soever. Everything was black and blue (burnt). This trans is completely useless and destroyed. This guy sold timmay a transmission that is completely ruined. Timmay never took apart the transmission as he has never done such a thing before. I myself have rebuilt several of these transmissions and this one was by far the worst shape one I have seen.
The case bolts were all missing except 2 bolts that were holding the gearbox case to the bell housing. The end bearing on the diff was destroyed obviously for previous owner not knowing how to get the driver side output shaft out with a simple slide hammer. Takes 2 seconds to pull that shaft the correct way, not pry/beat the living snot out of it. Again, the bearing cage was destroyed, but is the least of the problems, this transmission is completely destroyed....

How this guy could have said the transmission was in great shape and shifted fine is beyond me, There is no way this thing would have ever shifted into 3rd gear, the syncro teeth were completely stripped clean off and just chilling in the bottom of the case..
Old Jan 9, 2010, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by RockmanX
wow you got a refund for now?? make sure they dont pull it back out i have seen them give money back then do a investigation and then repull the money right back out. Man so you never got your parts
no i never got the part's

it would be unfair for me to keep the part's and the money
Old Jan 9, 2010, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
That user is now banned for not responding and working to get refunds.
thanks for your support

there is some top guy's on this forum
Old Jan 10, 2010, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hussein
thanks for your support

there is some top guy's on this forum
Welcome.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Ok just for everyone's information, silver3g2000 did finally come through for me and the parts that were missing, it was an honest oversite when the stuff was shipped. I have since gotten everything that was due to me that we had ageed on before.

Hussein, I'm sorry you did not have a better experience with this seller. If there is anything I can help you with let me know via PM. I'm currently in Afghanistan but I know plenty of Evo people back in the states.

RockmanX, bro your car is looking hot! I need to get my headlights done like that! I'm also glad you had a positive experience with this seller.

SmikeEvo, I believe that seller mentioned to me that he isn't always able to get on the computer due to his job requirements, for some reason I remember him saying he traveled a lot. Not trying to make excuses for him as I try very hard to keep the people that buy stuff from me happy (as noted by my iTrader rating). I did have to contact this seller multiple times but he did make good on his promise to make things right.

The only suggestion I have for people when dealing with buyers on here and any other web based sales forum or venue is to be a little leary, I've been burned a few times and have set up some basic rules for myself that are stricter than the forum rules. For example:

1. I won't buy from someone who isn't willing to share a phone number and address BEFORE the transaction. If they have nothing to hide they usually won't mind doing this.

2. I won't buy from someone who has a low sales rating and barely over the minimum number of posts to start a for sale thread. (note to mods, why not raise the minimum posts to start a for sale thread? I know it would suck but it would keep people from post whoring there way to 50 or 51 then starting threads where they have nothing to lose since they don't have to work hard to get there.

3. I usually don't buy from someone who has a less then 15 iTrader rating. I know that everyone has to start from zero just as I did so if they are willing to share verifiable personal info (real name, address and phone number, for example) then I will weigh that in my decision to deal with them.

4. I tend to try to buy from shops and people I know or from people who know people I know (third party friends? LOL) this way I have a way to get a hold of them if something goes wrong, or at least a friend to maybe lean on them a bit. Shops are usually not willing to risk there reputation to sell some junk parts.

5. I have friends all over the world, if I can educate one of them on what to look for and they are willing to, I will send one of them to make the purchase for me. People seem to be more willing to try to screw someone over the phone or the internet than in person. If they aren't willing to do a face to face transaction then I walk away.

6. Last but not least I never buy something off the forums with money that I can't afford to lose. If money is so tight that you can only afford the part because its such an incredible deal, you probably shouldn't be spending it on car parts.

End Rant

Josh
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

I have been thinking about starting a purchasing service specifically for Evo parts. I've bought literally hundreds of Evo parts and done a vast majority of the work to my Evo myself or with friends. I feel that I could provide a reliable service to confirm the condition and completeness of Evo parts. What do you guys think if I start a sort of "Escrow" service for Evo parts purchases? I would have the parts shipped to me as well as the payment made to me and once I checked out the parts and received payment then I would confirm that the buyer is getting what was agreed upon, and the seller is receiveing a valid form of payment. Yes it would cost more for shipping but just like anything else, piece of mind usually comes at a price. Buying off line is a gamble. This would take some of the risk out of it. I could be in contact with the mods and this or other forums and if someone repeatedly try's to sell something of substandard quality, they could be warned or issued points or whatever. Or nothing would happen on the forums but I could start my own "rating" system for sellers. Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Mods if I'm out of line in saying any of this please let me know.

Josh
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jmelocik

RockmanX, bro your car is looking hot! I need to get my headlights done like that! I'm also glad you had a positive experience with this seller.
Josh

Yes sir its only going to get hotter im telling you my dude. Motor RX got all the pullies and Balance shaft eliminator from Russell at mitsuparts so its only a matter of time when my 2.3 is shipped off next up is my new frontcase with gears then a fuildampr and the block is done. Pistons rods crank already put in and assembled. YES SIR!!!! you been pmed pics
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmelocik
SmikeEvo, I believe that seller mentioned to me that he isn't always able to get on the computer due to his job requirements, for some reason I remember him saying he traveled a lot. Not trying to make excuses for him as I try very hard to keep the people that buy stuff from me happy (as noted by my iTrader rating). I did have to contact this seller multiple times but he did make good on his promise to make things right.
Thanks Josh. Seller logged on repeatedly without following through. He was given many attempts to make this right over a fair time period.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 07:36 PM

Scammer involved in this dispute formally know as SpinninAll4s"

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...led-right.html

has had a user name change to AngryEvo8

just as a heads up, sold my friend a fake APR splitter claimed he had no idea but he really had knowledge behind it.. He is selling quite alot on these forums so heads up on if the product is legit or not

the matter has been resolved now though, half refund was issued and I am as satisfied as I will get

Last edited by X91EVO; Feb 15, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down I been scammed

Sorry I looked and looked for this, but I couldnt find the right place.

A month ago I bought an APR Carbon Fiber radiator shield off of 617G. I bought it the 4th of Jan, and many many times I have been lied too. All about shipping, my address isnt right or his mailing division goofed. Enough is enough. I lost $250 because this guy wants to just scam people.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...tor-cover.html

Paypal says they wont refund me the money either which is a load of crap. Well 617G I know your not going to 1. send me the product and 2. refund me the money. THis is just a warning to all, because he has many "products" on here for sale.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert