Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:10 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Crazy, it's time to make good on what you told everyone you would do. You're ignoring the messages on here as well as the PM's I have sent. Step up and finish what you started so that you can continue being a member of the Evolutionm community.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow no updates?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paypal is reviewing all the proof is sent them..
Old Jun 28, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any update on this?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 08:23 PM

paypal is trying to contact seller
Old Jun 29, 2011, 01:02 PM

wow I just spent the last 30 minutes reading the last few pages. Hope you get this situation solved, I'd be **** if this happen to me.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 05:48 AM

paypal finally contacted me and said they would only refund me if i sent the motor back. This is finally 2 days after i got it back from the machine shop, ready to rebuild. So there was no way i was going to send back the engine, plus it would have cost me 300ish to send the motor back anyway. I cut my losses at that point, i have the motor rebuilt now, this guy has made no attempt to make this right after he has even publicly said he would. So buyers beware.... i lost 700.00 and a carbon fiber trunk to this guy... Dont be scammed by him as i was

Side note: Thank you to the admin staff here at evom. for the help they gave, even though the outcome wasnt the greatest, i still appreciate the help at trying to resolve the situation.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

so any final updates? I know you decided to cut your losses, but whatever happened with taking it a step further? Man I would trace his IP address and show up waiting for my money, not saying you should, and I am sure your plenty pissed.

seems like the admin staff has been helpful thus far, interesting to see how it is handled from here on out. gl bud, sorry to hear about your unresolved situation

crazy FTMFL
Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:19 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Arctic02z
paypal finally contacted me and said they would only refund me if i sent the motor back. This is finally 2 days after i got it back from the machine shop, ready to rebuild. So there was no way i was going to send back the engine, plus it would have cost me 300ish to send the motor back anyway. I cut my losses at that point, i have the motor rebuilt now, this guy has made no attempt to make this right after he has even publicly said he would. So buyers beware.... i lost 700.00 and a carbon fiber trunk to this guy... Dont be scammed by him as i was

Side note: Thank you to the admin staff here at evom. for the help they gave, even though the outcome wasnt the greatest, i still appreciate the help at trying to resolve the situation.
I apologize that we were not able to help you work it out. There will be further action taken. We did everything we could to try and persuade the seller to cooperate and leave the communication channels open. Sorry again.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 09:29 AM

Like i said i appriciated the help, in situations like this there is only so much you can do with a keyboard and a phone unfortunatly...
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have yet to understand why people even deal with paypal on disputes.
Ive got crapped twice an i just head into my bank an tell em to reverse it because i didnt get what i paid for.
Next day i got my money. I didnt even fool with paypal and their stupid dispute process.
If you account is backed by a card then u can just go to your bank an get it reversed.
Its really that simple.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:55 PM

the money was already in my paypal though.... just sitting there ready to go. It didnt have to draw out of my bank account for funds.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:36 PM

Sent paypal payment to TJPhillips36 at the end of May for Evo 8 intercooler and pipes, still haven't received any of the parts. He sold some stuff to people on here and has some good feedback so I'm not sure what happened here.

He claims he shipped it, asked for tracking number numerous times and said he will give it to me but never gets back to me.

Opened a dispute through paypal, might have to reverse the payment with my bank like GearDownSon said if nothing happens. Waste of time.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 08:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the money was already in my paypal though.... just sitting there ready to go. It didnt have to draw out of my bank account for funds.
I thought u was getting a refund?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 05:38 AM

i would have had to send the motor back which would have cost me 300 to ship, leaving me 400 anyway. Plus im still out the carbon fiber trunk and the 100 bucks it was to ship it to this guy ... plus i had just got the block back from the machine shop 2 days prior. I was tired of waiting. I needed this car back on the road a long time ago. The way i looked at it was i was rebuilding the motor either way, so if paypal got my money back great, if not, well i still need a motor cause my original motor had a hole in the middle of the block where a rod came out of it.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert