Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Don't trust cbell386. Scammed!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No cause my payment was sent and recieved right away on sept 28th. The reason I started this was cause I sent him numerous PMs and emails since then about the turbo kit and he didn't once respond and let me know what was going on. He has had the money from the beginning so there was no reason he shouldn't of shipped it or at less not been in contact with me.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:10 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by novem
So I guess the moral of this story is to make sure you make your paypal payment with fees so you don't get screwed!

N
CLIF NOTES VERSION:

You can still get fcked by PayPal.

FULL VERSION:

Back in 2005 I purchased some motorcycle parts from a dude in Michigan through PayPal to rebuild my R6 that I wrecked. I didn't know the guy, but he sent me some clear pictures of the parts in question. I thought I was safe because I was going to do it through PayPal.

Well, I sent him the money ($850) and he sent a tracking number for two boxes and attached it to the transaction on the PayPal site.

Two weeks later two very large and very empty boxes arrive from UPS. Funny, both of them were insured for up to $1000 and both of them were sealed/packaged perfectly.

He claimed that UPS had open the boxes and stolen the parts.

I filed a dispute with PayPal and was rejected because he had provided sufficient proof (the tracking number) of no wrong doing.

I was out my $850 and he was able to get whatever he could as well from insurance fraud.

Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
sorry, but if you paid with paypal through an app and your phone, you're an idiot. Are you really that lazy that you can't log into a computer to make sure all the details are buttoned up? I can't really tell who is in the wrong here, but it sounds like the OP is the reason for the problems as well as the over-reacting.

and based on your grammar I have to side with the "scammer"
Based on my grammar? So just cause I make some spelling mistakes and don't word things the way you would like it makes me the bad one? That makes no sense. And why am I an idiot for using the paypal app for my iPhone? That's the whole point of the app isn't it? And did you ever come to think that maybe I don't have a personal computer to use?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow this is still going?

We just wanna know if you get your money back or if you get your product.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alpha X
wow this is still going?

We just wanna know if you get your money back or if you get your product.
I know believe me I'm still waiting to find that out myself
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Why would you buy something from someone who only has 22 posts?
Because he only has 20 as well lol
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by 4b11powered
Because he only has 20 as well lol
Oh sorry I don't got a whole whopping 132 post like you do, you are so much better then me for that reason
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Post count doesn’t matter but when you look at when a seller or buyer join a forum you have a better indication of if they are a passer by looking for a quick sale/ scam or they plan to stick around give valuable feedback and advice. You clearly have emotional issues and for that reason get after anyone on this forum. You have literally only posted once outside of this thread.... It looks like this is going to work out for you and that the seller did come through but you need to relax.

Last edited by 4b11powered; Oct 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11powered
Post count doesn’t matter but when you look at when a seller or buyer join a forum you have a better indication of if they are a passer by looking for a quick sale/ scam or they plan to stick around give valuable feedback and advice. You clearly have emotional issues and for that reason get after anyone on this forum. You have literally only posted once outside of this thread.... It looks like this is going to work out for you and that the seller did come through but you need to relax.
No I don't have emontonal issues it just bothers me when people sit there and act like their better then others cause they post more then them. You don't know how many people I talk through PMs or anything?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

All good man. Over time you will realize other people dont matter.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Thread has been cleaned up. If you don't have anything to do with this transaction, don't post.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:47 PM

well Im in the middle of this whole situaition too I sent the same amount on sept 23rd and still recieved nothing he sent me this whole spill on the 29th after i didnt hear anything and this is the only response that I have recieved!!

HEy, sorry I wasnt able to send you a message earlier, I went to ups after work today and they wanted just under 250 to ship it, they told me because it was a single box and so large that it is going to be alot. They said for me to get two boxes, a single box for the down pipe and then box the rest up so it doesnt have to be as large of a box. So I am going to grab 2 boxes from my work tomorrow and then bring it back to them, I am really sorry I wasnt able to ship it today. They added it up if I do the two boxes and it will drop the shipping cost to just under 150 so I will be able to do that, I apologize once again but tomorrow they will be on there way

I have send numerous messages and emails and still recieved nothing but I just got on here and found this so I dont know what the **** is going on.!!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by cbell386
Ok just logged on to verify you saw my response to everything. Got a couple things to say, first off to the guy who said u should round up all the members on evom and kick his ***... First of read my post I put up a tracking number, which means it is in the mail on the way to him, so why exactly would u be saying that? Second why would u need to round up everyone? Real men apparently get 30 people to fight one person... Pretty pathetic if you ask me. People need to read, I explained what happened, now the reason I would not ship it while a dispute was going on, what if I shipped it and he won the dispute? I would have been screwed out of a turbo kit and the money for it. Now I sent inkedup a email last night explaining all this and asking him why would ye be filing for a charge back when I have shown him a tracking number and have given him proof it is on its way to his house.. but yet I seem shady.. so even though I shipped it, he filed a charge back, so I still may loose the turbo AND the money for the turbo... But yet supposedly I am the scammer. Like I told you inkedup, I am done with evom ans I am done with socalevo, my name has been destroyed because of this even though I mailed the turbo kit. If you want to get a hold of me you know my email address, I have sent you emails and don't get responses back from you, yes I admit I should have communicated better with you but I feel you could have done the same before freaking out and destroying someone's reputation and talking **** about them.. like I posted though it is on its way, I just find it shady that even though I give you the tracking number which I posted so everyone could verify you still file a charge back with your bank to get your money back now that you can verify it has shipped..
What about me I bought the damn kit on the 23rd and you send me all this bs saying its on the way and ups wont ship it when u had actually sold it to 2 different ppl and neither one recieved anything! Yea sounds like a big scam to me I mean hell you havent responded to but one message out of the 15 ive sent you and i gave you my phone number and still get no word of anything!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:54 PM

and I also sent mine as a gift and got ****ed because this jackass has lied to not only one person but more and still wont contact me! I just want my damn money back Curtis Bell II
Old Oct 19, 2011, 03:09 PM

if you sent as gift, you can kiss the money goodbye. you cant dispute with paypal as you are committing fraud when you sent it as a gift for goods.

Quick Reply: Don't trust cbell386. Scammed!