Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

cuycita- crap valve cover

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cuycita- crap valve cover

well on August 27th got a valve cover for an evo 8 off cuycita and it was $250 sent really fast and the photo showed it as brand new.

He was a joy to deal with.

It was sent to space city airbrush in Houston where my artist (i'm in Australia) is going to paint it.

Personal issues and other work meant Chris didn't open my box and start work till last week when he found this while starting to sand the cover- it takes a big hit to do that.

Unfortunetley that means it's screwed and I wasted the money as Chris took too long to open the package.

I'm guess he knew as I've recieved no reply to any PM's on here - now waiting on one from 1NastyMR , hopefully it turns up and in one piece.....(although he is not answering PM's for nearly a week, and providing no tracking number...)

This is all holding up my motor being built at CBRD
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
on 2 separate occasions, i bought tail lamps and whatnot from this guy and both times they were packaged extremely well. both transactions were over $500.

possible that it got damaged someplace else? how did the package look when you first got it?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

no offense actually it doesn't take a big hit to do that...
i was tightening down my VC once and it snapped... it's a bit delicate...
Old Oct 29, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

As said he hasn't replied he has a good selling record if you read mate I can't say how it was packed- I AM IN AUSTRALIA it was sent to Houston and my painter.....

Still my painter is waiting on my other one - I'm still waiting on the tracking number for it a week after I was informed it was sent via another member, this appears to be a circus and turning into a very expensive valve cover
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Had excellent service from him myself, and it was a transaction that went bad no less. I sent him the money via gift on PayPal, we actually met up locally and turned out he brought the wrong item (I needed Evo X Ralliart tail lights, he had Evo IX JDMs). He arranged for another way for me to get the lights (his wife was going to bring them from Florida with her on the plane) but they got damaged in transit. He texted me immediately when he found out and refunded my money the same day.

Seemed shady initially but worked out in the end!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately I haven't had any replies to any PM'S sent
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:35 AM
Evolving Member

not recieving any replies from him so will try to initiate something with my credit card company to paypal don't hold out much hope- think i have been smoked...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Chris is posting it back to him with a big letter saying 'stop selling crack'.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why can't you run that? For 1. Crack is on the back part so won't be seen. 2. Does not effect sealing....
Old Nov 1, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05VIII
Why can't you run that? For 1. Crack is on the back part so won't be seen. 2. Does not effect sealing....
Thats not the point.

Im sure hes more upset that he wasnt made aware he was buying a valve cover with a crack in it. Not necessarily saying it was sold to him already broken, it could have happened in transit.

But still, would you be happy with buying something cracked if you werent made aware of it first?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Thats not the point.

Im sure hes more upset that he wasnt made aware he was buying a valve cover with a crack in it. Not necessarily saying it was sold to him already broken, it could have happened in transit.

But still, would you be happy with buying something cracked if you werent made aware of it first?
If it was in a spot that had no effect on anything I wouldn't mind it at all. Special if it wasn't visible. I'd probably hit it with some jbweld or epoxy and call it a day.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Spot on mate it's getting quite an expensive blast of airbrush too- you want a clean canvas-

on another note mate when this motor is finished it'll be mated up to that 6 speed I got off you last year , been sitting around after getting the shep trams treatment waiting on a motor

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Thats not the point.

Old Nov 3, 2011, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ah yes I knew your name was familiar! Good luck with getting the situation sorted out and your build finished

Originally Posted by justincase
Spot on mate it's getting quite an expensive blast of airbrush too- you want a clean canvas-

on another note mate when this motor is finished it'll be mated up to that 6 speed I got off you last year , been sitting around after getting the shep trams treatment waiting on a motor