Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Robi Spec review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robi Spec review

disregard at this time.... seller has just contacted me....finally after 2.5 months... ok its back on. He has stopped contacting me after promising me to return my money. He has not yet and that was a week ago.

Last edited by mean4g63; Nov 25, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
It took almost 2 1/2 months for him to respond to me and get my coilovers too. The products are great, but you have to be patient and expect little to no communication.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have yet to get my endlinks, it's been a YEAR NOW.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Wow never heard of an issue with Robi?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Wow never heard of an issue with Robi?
Wow. Me either.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:10 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nsomniac
It took almost 2 1/2 months for him to respond to me and get my coilovers too. The products are great, but you have to be patient and expect little to no communication.
Thats just unexceptable regardless of who it is!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Glad I came across this, I was about to order from him. Now I will check and confirm before ordering that they will get here in a timely fashion
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had good experiences with Robi, as have many others. There are often very different stories when you hear both sides of the circumstances. I'd suggest anyone who wishes to buy suspension parts or service from RobiSpec simply call him and discuss.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Having been a customer of his for over 4 years now, I usually have only good things to report as well. BUT...he hasn't answered my phone calls, replied to my emails, or my texts. It's like pulling teeth to get what I paid for.

Robi, if you are reading this, CONTACT ME before I start a thread of my own.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:33 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VR4
I've had good experiences with Robi, as have many others. There are often very different stories when you hear both sides of the circumstances. I'd suggest anyone who wishes to buy suspension parts or service from RobiSpec simply call him and discuss.
Not sure this is the best advice. That's precisely what I did, and look where it got me. The nice thing about these threads is that vendors can air their side of the story for everyone to see. That way people can make up their mind from seeing how it plays out, and the type of customer service they can expect.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't buy anything from him but over the past month I've emailed several times and made several phone calls with no response. He must be very busy. He probably just has a lot of clients that utilize his services to the full extent that get the most of his time.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

he's almost never there, i know that's not an excuse but the only times i've been able to get ahold of him is when he's actually in town and i schedule the same day or next to drive up there to get **** done or bought. this doesn't help you guys far away.

when i have been able to get ahold of him he's been awesome and very helpful. most of the time when i'm there he just got back from a race, hasn't slept yet, and still does an awesome job setting up my suspension.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know Robi has been out of the country working on race cars. Explains the complete lack of communication.

Communication is a 2 way street my friends
Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Yes he can be hard to get a hold of. Sometimes he does not have the coilovers in stock and must order them. His stuff is built on order from him at KW. That was the case with the KWs I have. As also stated he usually has a part time guy there that comes in after working another full time job and the pile of work thrown on him is pretty heavy. Sometimes things fall through the cracks.
Still not getting what you pay for is very aggravating.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

ok here is the story so far..

August 30th I ordered a set of rear trailing arms. Weeks went by and I had to call and remind him several times to send them off. He kept promising he would, but it apparently kept slipping his mind. Then time started to roll into october+. After that I could not contact him, through telephone, or email. he would not respond to anything. Finally after 2.5 months I emailed him on an email account he told me not to email..but since he wouldn't respond to his business email I had no choice. He claimed the address was ripped off the package during shipping and returned to him (sounds like **** poor packaging to me...). Obviously it seems he had no intention of telling me or communicating this to me. I politely informed him at this point I just wanted my money back, and if he would just refund it, and that the spacers I bought from him were Not hubcentric and not 20MM...infact there were 23 MM beat up slabs of aluminium (quite heavy i might add), and one of them was actually not machined right as it would not fit on the hub..and it vibrated as all hell. He apologized and promised to return my money. I have since then sent them back..but since then I have not recieved no money back for anything, and that was a week ago... and to make matters worse hes done a hodini act again on contacting me... I mean really how hard is it to send money back through paypal? seriously.. only takes a minute.

It seems like hes just another rip off artist....

Ohh here is the supposed "hubcentric 20MM spacers" that was tried to pass off on me. they are nothing more than beat up vibrating hunks of aluminium.

Last edited by mean4g63; Nov 25, 2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Robi Spec review