Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Sold a "Used HKS kit" to dsm25psi... Now he wants refund.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold a "Used HKS kit" to dsm25psi... Now he wants refund.

I sold a used HKS Turbo kit to dsm25psi. I dropped the price for him since I was wrong about the flang type.. He called me out that it was not a T3 and was a T28. But after that he said he still wanted it.

I shipped him the whole kit and now he is saying I didn't tell him it was T28 and that the Manifold is cracked. The manifold was Swain Coated for heat and had zero cracks when I shipped it..

Now he is saying he wants a refund and is going to get me banned from here lol.. I have a perfect iTrader in fact I sold my GT30R kit a few months ago on here with no problem's.

The HKS Kit has a Ball Bearing Turbo that had a little shaft play when I got it new. It had the same play when I removed it. The kit was low miles...

I have pms from him on here where he says he knows its not a t3... Just wanna make it clear I didn't screw anyone over and I even gave him a crazy cheap deal on the setup.

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
Originally Posted by z32cctx
Sorry been swamped havn't had time to measure it. It should be the flange they use with the GT2835 GT Pro Series Turbo.
yea thats t28 flange not t3. I just never seen t4 on hks turbo kits for evo.
What would you take cash shipped to 28227?

I can take a screen shot.. Now he is saying this.

I,just picked up the turbo kit, and we got 3 problems. Its not a t3 flange its t28 and one huge problem is the exhaust manifold has a crack right under where the it goes into the flange also way to much play in the turbo in and out.

I think he realized theres not many turbos out there to use with the kit and he damaged it to get his money back.

when you get a chance please refund the money and i will send it back to you. I dont want to mess of fixing the manifold and rebuilding the turbo, plus t28 is pointless stock turbo will make same power as t28.

thanks

This is bs I snapped pictures and was 100% honest about the kit in my for sale ad. In the pictures there was no cracks...

For all I know he damaged the Turbo and manifold in a attempt to back out the deal. I have another forum member who is local to me who also saw the turbo and was wanting to buy it. He can vouch for me about how clean the turbo was and the little shaft play it had.

The turbo was not smoking at all in my car and ran flawless...

Sad you can't trust anyone no more....
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

I bought the 30R kit from this guy and had 0 problems. He shipped it fast and I haven't had any mechanical issues with it, but I have only had it on for about 1000k miles. Turbo pulls hard and seems to have plenty of life. Everything was noted in the for sale thread and we talked on the phone a few times.

The best thing I can say is don't let dsm25psi get to you. There is always one guy that likes to cause problems for everyone. If you need a reference, I'm hear for ya!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:20 PM

And I said in my ad that it was a used kit and the turbo had a little shaft play which it does. It was not a blown turbo. Was not smoking while installed in my car.

If I could unedit my thread it has all the info on the turbo but I had erased it to mark it sold.

But the ad made it clear. Used turbo kit. And I had plenty of pictures of the manifold...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by emotart
I bought the 30R kit from this guy and had 0 problems. He shipped it fast and I haven't had any mechanical issues with it, but I have only had it on for about 1000k miles. Turbo pulls hard and seems to have plenty of life. Everything was noted in the for sale thread and we talked on the phone a few times.

The best thing I can say is don't let dsm25psi get to you. There is always one guy that likes to cause problems for everyone. If you need a reference, I'm hear for ya!
Thanks a lot I am here to help people out and I have sold parts at good prices. I am not out to scam anyone or screw anyone over. I did get a signature required just in case to cover my side. And he did get it.

Sigh...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by z32cctx
Thanks a lot I am here to help people out and I have sold parts at good prices. I am not out to scam anyone or screw anyone over. I did get a signature required just in case to cover my side. And he did get it.

Sigh...
Yeah, I nearly went out and bought a lotto ticket after the price you gave me on the 30R. I just couldn't believe the deal! Hopefully my car will be ready to dyno March 10th and I will post up some results to better help your case. I will say it again, great seller!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by emotart
Yeah, I nearly went out and bought a lotto ticket after the price you gave me on the 30R. I just couldn't believe the deal! Hopefully my car will be ready to dyno March 10th and I will post up some results to better help your case. I will say it again, great seller!
Thanks a lot =-) lol dont go and blow it up hehe. Yeah it was a good turbo didn't have much track and dyno time. This HKS was cleaner and had less play then that setup.

Like any used performance Turbo its always a good idea to have the turbo rebuilt at some point. It wont cost much to have it rebuilt. But I was very honest and upfront with everything.

If the manifold cracked it was during shipping. As far as the turbo no telling what he did to it cause when I had it installed it ran flawless..
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

how do you know the manifold was not damaged in shipping? Maybe the guy is over exaggerating when talking about the shaft play.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ajnasrah20083
how do you know the manifold was not damaged in shipping? Maybe the guy is over exaggerating when talking about the shaft play.
That's what I said. I have a picture taken weeks before it shipped out with my EvoM Screen name and Date. He sent me a pic and that crack was not there when I had it. There was no way you could miss a crack like that in the pictures...

Zero Cracks and it was coated!

I bet he made the turbo shaft play worse jabbing at it with his fingers. When I had it there was very little front and back and no clinking sound...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:38 PM

No cracks at the flange

Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:39 PM

Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

yes those are the pics u sent, now here is the truth pics of the damage of the manifold on the other side you dumb ***.

and wow here is the shaft play you said it does NOT HAVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw5yGtF_mZI
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

crack is under where it goes into the flange, which you never took
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:41 PM

Look at the welds in the pictures. You can tell this is not a high mile kit! It almost looks new...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

dont start a war you cant win, please refund the money, i picked up the kit today in this condition.
turbo is ****ed and you told me it has NO SHAFT PLAY
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:42 PM

crack is under where it goes into the flange, which you never took
Let me dig through some more pictures.... Fact is there was never a crack! So if I am a dumbass then why are you raging over buying a T28 kit. Its a used kit not new. And you can tell in the pictures it was not a high miles with cracks everywhere...

Quick Reply: Sold a "Used HKS kit" to dsm25psi... Now he wants refund.