Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

EVO motor bought from Anarchy99 "Great Motor! Just Add oil and go!" LOOK INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO motor bought from Anarchy99 "Great Motor! Just Add oil and go!" LOOK INSIDE

I was in search for a shortblock for a customer. Time was of an essence for the customer on my end. This was his only driver...So I started looking for a motor on ebay and here at evom to "Drop in and Go" type deal. I came across this guy named Josh whos screen name is Anarchy99. He seemed to be selling a decent amount of stuff on here and his post looked good. His post was full of "Great motor! Just add oil!" and "ready to install shortblock. Works Perfect!" We agreed upon $1800 shipped. I received in about a week.

Thread: (Which he deleted the pictures already)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...03-2006-a.html

So I got the motor about a week later. cool no problem. My mechanic cleans off the gasket surface, Throws in some ARP's, Headgasket, and Head on the block. We go the customer a Gates Timing Belt kit and as we start installing the belts, as he was getting ready to install the balance belt, the shaft was tough to turn and was making a weird noise. We decided to pull the pan for further inspection.

This is what we found.

Balance Shaft Bearing Spun

Main journals(That is the crankshaft worn.. WORN. Tang from other side of bearing)

Oil Pan

Main Bearings

The Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbGonNcD0Q8

I messaged and called him about our problem and he said he would send me some bearings and to just bearing slap it… in a nice way. All PM’s can be provided. I trying to be to the point as much as possible.

Obviously I am not going to do that as there is obviously a bigger issue at hand. The bearing is spun. The mainshaft crank journels are worn. They need to cleaned and polished; maybe even turned depending on measurements. This is by far a “Great Motor! Just add oil and go!”

Unfortunately my customer is starting to really get on my back about getting his car back. I unfortantely can’t leave my customer at the expense of our problems so I went ahead and purchased another motor on ebay to keep my customer calm. Once again, time was my customers and I’s main concern. Which is why I was looking for a motor to just drop in and go.
Here is proof that I had to buy another motor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270926922532...84.m1439.l2649
More proof of purchase can be provided if needed.

I sent Anarchy99 this PM:
Josh,

I am a shop. I do work like this all the time. I have some street cred. and I have been around this stuff for over 10yrs. I am not going to just bearing slap this motor and send it out for the customer as you and I know, I will see it again in 6 months or less.

I consider this motor a rebuildable core block. This is worth $600 to $800 from what i've seen on here. The bearings are shot. Material is thruout the pan. The crankshaft has wear and will need to be cleaned, polished, and possibly turned.

I was not looking for a rebuildable core. I was looking for a drop in motor and go, as you advertised it.

I understand you may have not known there was a problem but facts are facts. This motor is not worthy to drop into a car.

I honestly don't want this motor and would prefer to send it back but shipping this and shipping that... how about we agree on a price for the rebuildable core and you send me the difference.

My customer is supposed to have a car today and I still have to find him a motor.

Please get back to me asap to discuss. My phone number is 614-795-1113 or 740-965-1728.

Thank you for your understanding,

Corey Parrish

I have tried to call him twice. He has not responsed to this message.
So in Conclusion, I can see how he would not know “for sure” if there is something wrong with this or not. I know he has some doubts by his PM’s back in forth. He said he would provide I video of it running at idle. Which I’m sure it seemed fine. Only when you have a Rod Knock you will hear a large amount of noise at idle. Mains are not as noticeable.

I am very upset with this situation and am willing to take a hit on this but I can’t justify paying top dollar for a blown up motor. I think 600-800 dollars is a fair amount for a rebuildable core. I would obviously prefer to send it back(and get my money back) but a shop can always see the light in a rebuildable core at some point in time.

So I don’t have a credibility on here at evom. I don’t have time to be on here all the time. I do however own a shop. I am not a scammer. My ebay account is slowmotion_motorsports which I have a 99.5% positive feedback and I am a “Top rated Seller”

Do a search, 95c1v1cs1, Slowmotion Motorsports, Corey Parrish, Slomo Corey. I am NOT a scammer. I am not here to start problems. Its sucks I even have to deal with this.

Please EVOM, Help make this right with me and Anarchy99.

Thank You,
Corey Parrish
740-965-1728

Last edited by Nsomniac; Mar 14, 2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Removed vendor information
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope everything works out.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

wow man... i was about to get that motor from him as well.. hope you get this worked out!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

First of all I am away on a business trip until thurs and am limited on availability until then but I have found a second to post in here before there is any confusion. I did receive your voicemail and have taken a day to carefully review your information. My facts are that I have a video of the motor running the night it was removed in case there was any shenanigans. I am aware your customer had a bad motor which is why you were looking for one here. I just hope the motor from the video is in fact the one I sent and not the bad motor you took out of your customer car.

The oil pan was never off the one I sent you nor did the engine make any noise, nor was the oil light on indicating lower than 5psi oil pressure which would typically happen if a balance bearing came out.

With that said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt not because I questioned the integrity of the motor I sent, because I am a good person and seller/buyer.

This is not a "core" motor or - block and crank, it's a number of parts including frontcase w oil pump, evo9 water pump, oil pan, windage tray, oil squiters, oil pickup, pistons, rods, balance shafts, sprocket, tensioner etc.

With that said, I am willing to buy you new clevite77 main bearings, balance bearings (3), thrust washers AND new Clevite rod bearings as well as pay for crankshaft polishing (typically $40-70). This is every bearing in the motor, brand new.

This should cost me in the $250 range or so but gives me the peace of mind that even though the motor ran perfect for me and on video, that based on your complaint which I can't verify 100%, that I have rectified it with $250 range of new bearings and crank polishing for the used motor you purchased.

Last edited by Anarchy99; Mar 14, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:26 AM

You had a picture of the VIN on your posting. Please post that.

Please someone with a shop tell Josh that you can't just bearing slap a motor. In addition, all this TAKES TIME! Time is money. Tear down. Engine cleaning. crankshaft cleaning, regrind, polish. Measure bearing clearances. reassembly. Crank end play check. Reseal. etc This all takes quite a bit of time.

Bottom line is, I bought a motor from you saying this is a ready to drop in and go motor. THIS IS NOT.

I could care less about the additional parts on the motor(the old motor has all that). This is a core motor ready for rebuild.

How much are these worth to people? I see them going for 700obo, 800obo, 900obo. I could have boughten one of those and saved myself over $1000 dollars. Instead, I went with yours b/c you assured me it was ready to go. I honestly don't even want the motor. I am trying to be nice and offer you a legit amount for this.

Can anyone back me up here. This motor was not what was advertised.

People please do what is right. I was looking for a "Great motor! Just add oil and go!" and this was not what I got.

PS- I send you messages and call you and I see you are on here "online" Sorry that makes me upset which is why I decided to make a thread.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Hello Corey, I have contacted you on your phone today. My cell phone leaves me logged in and my wife checks in on things periodically from home when I am away on business and lets me know if I have any messages when while I am unavailable. I am willing to offer you what I think is fair even though the engine ran fine for me and gave no indication whatsoever of any issues and all while being recorded on video.. No one is asking you to slap bearings in and put a dirty oil pan back on it. obviously I would run all parts through a solvent parts washer before reassembly.

I will offer to provide every bearing in the motor, brand-new as well as pay for polishing of the crankshaft in the dollar range that I indicated in my original post. I will not however be taken advantage of based on the circumstances and told that you'll will use it as a fully built motor or nothing. I will help to get the motor back in running order with new bearings and polished crank for the used engine that you purchased and give you the benefit of the doubt despite my documentation.

I think this is going to be my last post within this thread, simply because I've outlined exactly what I will do for you, I think it is more than fair, I think it's more than most people would do and I have no problem trying to do the right thing and getting the short block back into a better then used condition with brand-new bearings and polished crankshaft while giving you, the buyer the benefit of the doubt despite the fact that the engine ran perfectly on video for me before it was removed.

P.S.-I just re-watch the video again and where this tech is talking about look at the main journal wear, the bearing hasn't even been removed so you can't see the journal. What you are looking at is the backside of the girdle side bearing and nothing representing a bearing surface or main journal where as you haven't even removed the bearing yet in the video to see journal and what it looks like underneath the bearing. Your video is false and misleading because all I have seen is one of the three balance shaft bearings that slipped out of place from what it appears to be worn. Your description of what is being looked at in the video is false as the bottom side of the bearings and the topside are both covering the main journal which you are describing as worn. What's depicted in the video is both sides of the main bearing still in place and what you're looking at is not even a contact surface were the main journal meets the bearing, it is the back of the half bearing that sits in the main girdle.

Last edited by Anarchy99; Mar 15, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:36 PM

You are missing the whole point of me purchasing your motor. I bought it so I wouldn't have to do anything to the motor and just drop it in.

Where is this video you speak of? I would at least like to see what your video shows.

Plain and simple. I got the motor, took the pan off and discovered many problems with the motor. I have not run it. I haven't done anything with this. I'm basically getting screwed with this motor that I don't even need.

Moderators?

EvoM Community?

How would you guys feel if you purchased a motor to just "drop in and go" and you got this??

Look over the thread? "Ready to install shortblock. Works perfect" "Great Motor! Just add oil and go!" "Perfect Motor ready to ship"
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

I added a post script to my last message and wanted to clarify that I looked at the video again and only actually see one issue which is one of the three balance shaft bearings has slipped out of place from what appears to be where.

I see misrepresentations in your video as to what you were describing when the camera scrolls over what you claim to be a main journal. This is not the case at all, it is the backside of the back half of the main bearing still hanging on from the surface tension of the oil alone and not the bare journal itself as you represent in your video. What looks like scratches on the journal is not the Journal at all, instead it is the backside of the bearing that fits into the main girdle and the surface does not contact any moving metal at all so chances are your issue is as small as 5 dollar balance shaft bearing needing replacement as well as a cleaning of the engine before reassembly.

I have offered you much more than that when I offered up a full balance shaft bearing set replacement, thrust washers replacement, main and rod bearings replacement as well as crankshaft polishing, but at this point I don't even know why because upon closer investigation into the misrepresented video narrative what I appeared to be looking at in the video is not what it actually is in reality, but instead maybe a mistake on your part? Maybe not.

Anyhow, I left you a message on your phone about what I am willing to do and really don't think I'm going to comment further on this thread.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Slomo Corey
Plain and simple. I got the motor, took the pan off and discovered many problems with the motor. I have not run it. I haven't done anything with this. I'm basically getting screwed with this motor that I don't even need.
If that is all true then you should get your money back and split the shipping cost of the parts going back to him.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr. Parrish owns the shop SLOWMOTION MOTORSPORTS which is a very reputable shop and are a premier shop in the Ohio area and surrounding states. I can attest that in no way, shape, or form would he try to lie to receive money back if there wasnt an issue. He is too busy and has too much going on for him to make up a lie for $1,800. He is coming forward because of the principle behind this whole situation. I do not know all of the exact details so i will not go any further but he has farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to many credentials to try to confront a measly $1,800 for nothing.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:24 PM

Ok, I am not going to have you punk me because I did a quick video and overlooked the bearings being on the crankshaft. This motor is not ready to drop in no matter what way you look at it. I BOUGHT another motor because I can't deal with the problems of this motor right now. These problems can be fixed; which is why I am offering you the going rate for a core motor. I don't need your clevite bearings. I have plenty of bearings here.

Here is another video of me just walking back there and removing those bearings(My video card filled up at end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LkKN...ature=youtu.be

If you don't want to be reasonable with me, I'm gonna go ahead and reinstall this oil pan. Send it back to you and I expect you to refund my $1600 for the motor. The motor will be exactly how you sent it to me. Mains torqued to spec. Oil Pan Sealed.

I will even pay shipping BOTH ways.

I am being very reasonable about this situation however I am not going to accept $100 dollars worth of clevite bearings and a polish job on the crankshaft.

I was after a drop-in motor as you advertised it. I simply did not get that.

Corey Parrish
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:30 AM

Sorry to hear this Corey. And I'm also gonna go way out a limb here and say that Anarchy99 may not have been aware of the extent of damage to this motor. But you can clearly see that a LARGE amount of material has passed through this motor. I agree 100% that this isn't just a "install some new bearings and go" case. This is a motor that had some serious issues and needs cleaned, inspected, possibly machined, and rebuilt.

Either way, I hope you guys get this worked out.

-Bryan
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by 524hpSRT-4
He is coming forward because of the principle behind this whole situation.
I think this is very important.(Especially for people that don't know any better)

Example:

Car guy #1 has a suspecian that his motor may not be right. The car still runs(I'll take a video of it running to cover my back!) but not 100% sure what is wrong with it. Car guy #1 doesn't even feel like messing with it because he has a built motor ready to go in.

Car guy #2 completely blows up his motor. Hole in the block or something. This is his only driver. Car guy #2 finds a motor on the forum. "Perfect Condition, ready to drop in" Car guy #2 buys the motor and puts it in. It runs, but not perfect but at least he is getting to work and back(very important to him). Car guy #2 and his buddies "will troubleshoot it later". Miraculously the motor fails and locks up or something.

Car guy #2 calls car guy #1 and confronts him about the situation. Car guy #1 says "I got a video of the car running. No way its on my end, you must have put it together wrong or something. Tuning? Sorry man, I don't know what to tell you."

Car guy #2 screwed.
Car guy #1 Just happy he got reid of his motor intime!

This is only an example. Unfortantely this kind of stuff happens all the time.

I, on the other hand, looked into this motor alittle further BEFORE dropping it in. I HAVE NOT run this motor. I simply pulled the pan off for inspection and saw a spun bearing, heavy wear on many of the journals, and debris all in the pan.

To educate people on here.

Bearing don't just fall out of their housing for no reason. Its not as easy as just "throwing another bearing in there" There is a reason that bearing moved from its housing. Either the balance shaft is bent or there was a lack of oil in the motor at some point in time. The housing bore that the bearing goes in is more than likely messed up at this point as well(since it worked its way out of the housing). Putting another bearing in there without getting a bore gauge to measure the clearance between the bearing and the journal is stupid.

Balance shaft bearing out. Main journals worn.

Plain and simple, this motor had a lubrication problem before coming to me.

I haven't even tore into this motor, nor do I want to until we come up with a solution.

Alls I saying here, this is not a drop in motor as he advertised it. It is a core motor ready for rebuild.

Please evom / moderators... this could have been anyone of you.

Look at the facts.

I do not beleive Josh/Anarachy99 is a bad guy. He sells a decent amount and has good feedback. I beleive he may of not known any better and quite honestly didn't want to mess with it.

This is what I would like to have happen:

1. Send the motor back and get my money back for the motor. $1600

2. Come up with a Core Block Price and get a partial refund on the purchase. A core is worth approx. $600-$800 in my books(especially with the scarring on the crank) . I would rather have a burnt piston core than a lubrication problem core. If I were to sell this, I would put a $800obo price tag on it.

So depending on the posts, I will leave it at that. Please Moderators or outside opinions welcome.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Slomo is being VERY civil in this matter, and he is being very accomodating.
Anarchy is making this situation even more difficult.

Slomo offering to buy the block as a core is about the best solution for both parties, yet why Anarchy is being so difficult with this....I have no clue. Anarchy, you clearly sold the man a bad motor, and you are offering no help whatsoever. What gives?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

best advice i have, is use ebay next time. have the person create an auction and buy it out immediately even if you have to apay a small difference for the ebay fee. and if you have to send it back ebay will take it regardless, and you can get your money back. be insured

anarchy is not acting right.

Last edited by chad99evo; Mar 18, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: EVO motor bought from Anarchy99 "Great Motor! Just Add oil and go!" LOOK INSIDE