Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
What did they tell you the turnaround time was. i think my trans went to them about 3 weeks ago. They told me it would take them 2,5 weeks to get to it.
The first time they gave me the tcase back after they built mine was three to four weeks since they were waiting on parts. If they are a shop shouldnt they have a supplier or parts at the ready. I'm not even sure I got back my own core because it was sprayed over.

I could care how it looks just as long as it operates properly and is cleaned nicely that's all I care about. But im still highly disappointed to think that I was doing preventive maintence getting it rebuilt just to get my tcase back whining eventhough it never whined in the first place used the diaqueen oils and everything.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
Blackstone labs does oil testing. Blackwater is a private US military company and I highly doubt they have any use for your oil other than to oil their weapons.

I don't see any issue with your fluid being tested as Shep is not there pumping the fluid into your transfer case at the time of installation

If from negligence you either had not enough fluid, or the wrong fluid, it's not their fault.
Negative my friend I am truely away of how much fluid is supposed to be filled in the tcase along with waiting for the rest of the oil and to double checking it. This is the second time it's being sent back.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
OP sounds like a huge pita to deal with.

Chargebacks? Making public outcries after 10 days? Getting upset that they're evaluating the transfer case for misuse before warrantying a case they built?

You sir are having PMS issues. Put the tampons down and relax. Call Shep apologize for acting this way, allow your CC company to give them their money, remove this thread, and wait patiently.

I promise you Shep is not an idiot, nor are the people in his shop.
No actually this is the second time the tcase is being sent back there you would be angry too my friend if your evo is sitting up too. I bet it wouldnt be a joke then now would it. And not its not jsut 10 days its more like 2 months this is the second month.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by impact blue
The first time they gave me the tcase back after they built mine was three to four weeks since they were waiting on parts. If they are a shop shouldnt they have a supplier or parts at the ready. I'm not even sure I got back my own core because it was sprayed over.
You do understand they disassemble, hot tank, clean all the parts and refinish every t case, and tranny they recieve right. As they come into the shop there is a tag that goes with the order on what needs to be done. From there its diassembled, cleaned, hot tanked as stated above and rebuilt, resealed and repainted to make it look all nice and pretty. I highly doubt they gave you someone elses t case. And for you thinking this is some huge place they have parts everywhere in a wearhouse your are totally mistaken. They order parts as stuff comes in for the jobs. Parts from PPG have to be imported and sorry to say those aren't cheap. For rebuilds and whatother misc things such as shims, gear sets, and whatever else that has to be ordered its all done per order.

Last edited by Nsomniac; May 24, 2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Flaming
Old May 18, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
You do understand they disassemble, hot tank, clean all the parts and refinish every t case, and tranny they recieve right. As they come into the shop there is a tag that goes with the order on what needs to be done. From there its diassembled, cleaned, hot tanked as stated above and rebuilt, resealed and repainted to make it look all nice and pretty. I highly doubt they gave you someone elses t case. And for you thinking this is some huge place they have parts everywhere in a wearhouse your are totally mistaken. They order parts as stuff comes in for the jobs. Parts from PPG have to be imported and sorry to say those aren't cheap. For rebuilds and whatother misc things such as shims, gear sets, and whatever else that has to be ordered its all done per order. Use your ****ing head and if you can't take the time to go to his shop and see how small and how much those guys bust there *** to get **** done for *******s like you *****ing and complaining about everything they do cause you can't get your **** done in a day or 2 being your so ****ing special.
Relax its not about taking sides my **** is sitting in that shop for a month the first time when a rebuild or inspection is simple. But if they wanna blow people off and pull triggers then what choice do I have but to return fire. Not whining but you have your **** in tcase in the shop for a simple rebuild which they warrantee but now they want an oil sample?

No im not feelin that ofcourse im going to have the people who are going to take sides what if you were in the same position im sure you would feel the same and that goes for everyone on here wh otook side without understanding both parties.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

You do understand they disassemble, hot tank, clean all the parts and refinish every t case, and tranny they recieve right. As they come into the shop there is a tag that goes with the order on what needs to be done. From there its diassembled, cleaned, hot tanked as stated above and rebuilt, resealed and repainted to make it look all nice and pretty. I highly doubt they gave you someone elses t case. And for you thinking this is some huge place they have parts everywhere in a wearhouse your are totally mistaken. They order parts as stuff comes in for the jobs. Parts from PPG have to be imported and sorry to say those aren't cheap. For rebuilds and whatother misc things such as shims, gear sets, and whatever else that has to be ordered its all done per order. Use your ****ing head and if you can't take the time to go to his shop and see how small and how much those guys bust there *** to get **** done for *******s like you *****ing and complaining about everything they do cause you can't get your **** done in a day or 2 being your so ****ing special.
lol on the jg thing lol aI dont expect my car to be done in like two days but a month no way and after my tcase being in the their shop a second time too.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
lol on the jg thing lol aI dont expect my car to be done in like two days but a month no way and after my tcase being in the their shop a second time too.
Let me ask you this? If your tech tells you that the job is done and has been working for you since you started your business, and is very very trust worthy would you take his word? And lets look at it from a business aspect. If someone send you something back for warrenty work and you have 100 more trannys and t cases that people are paying top dollar for to have done what one are you gonna do first? The one that isn't makeing you any money or the ones that are paying the bills?
Old May 18, 2012, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Do you really know what goes into rebuilding a t case? There isn't much other then reshim and bolt upgrades unless your doing a hd build then more gets done. And your ****ing right there gonna take a sample of the oil. I mean if you were him would you trust what some ******* says he uses? I mean honestly are you this stupid or it something else. That is his right to do being ITS WARRENTY WORK.

If I was in your position, I would just let the guy do his work. This is why I have a second and third and fourth car available to me at any given time.
No my tcase has been rebuilt by them already and everything went well with the install. Oil up to level on point and it whines. Did you perfectly understand that? perhaps you didn't. Warrantee work with an oil sample if he would have told me he takes an oil sample for his warrantee work I would have never even bothered with that at all.

The tcase has been reshimmed with bolt upgrades and all the whining should have never happened. I am letting him do his work but I still think its pretty ****ed up has this happened to you or anyone on here as far as the oil samples I need to know asap.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Let me ask you this? If your tech tells you that the job is done and has been working for you since you started your business, and is very very trust worthy would you take his word? And lets look at it from a business aspect. If someone send you something back for warrenty work and you have 100 more trannys and t cases that people are paying top dollar for to have done what one are you gonna do first? The one that isn't makeing you any money or the ones that are paying the bills?
You have to look at it from a consumers point of view I see what your saying. Not just imagine if you work hard and get your stuff done and you shell out money for parts that are well not cheap and you get tcase back or any part faulty eventhough youve done your part by the book step by step so now your inconvenienced how would you feel think about it.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OP,
If you're tired of working with Shep, send your T/C to Jon @ TRE. He's harder to get a hold of, takes longer, but does... IMO a better job setting up t/c's and transmissions. I use Jon @ TRE exclusively. That's not to say Shep doesn't do a great job, but TRE does far more for the money.

I do think you're not giving Shep a fair shake. Try running a business yourself and put yourself in Shep's shoes.... really... think about it. REALLY. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING...AND WHAT YOU'VE DONE. Now... think about how YOU would react if you had a customer like yourself.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So its been under two weeks and you're in panic mode. I think you need to chill out man. Shep isn't a factory that receives a tranny or t-case and gets it done in couple of hours.

Them doing any oil testing that you aren't paying for shouldn't be an issue. I think you should cool off and wait.

dave
Old May 18, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
OP,
If you're tired of working with Shep, send your T/C to Jon @ TRE. He's harder to get a hold of, takes longer, but does... IMO a better job setting up t/c's and transmissions. I use Jon @ TRE exclusively. That's not to say Shep doesn't do a great job, but TRE does far more for the money.

I do think you're not giving Shep a fair shake. Try running a business yourself and put yourself in Shep's shoes.... really... think about it. REALLY. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING...AND WHAT YOU'VE DONE. Now... think about how YOU would react if you had a customer like yourself.
I would run it better as a matter of fact im just going to do it myself next time. I given them my fair shake but I expect to be treated fairly as a customer. The downtime I can expect that but with oil samples lol.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ there's a lot more to setting up a T/C than putting in larger bolts, swapping bearings, shimming the bearing pre-load, and painting the case.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No my tcase has been rebuilt by them already and everything went well with the install. Oil up to level on point and it whines. Did you perfectly understand that? perhaps you didn't. Warrantee work with an oil sample if he would have told me he takes an oil sample for his warrantee work I would have never even bothered with that at all.

The tcase has been reshimmed with bolt upgrades and all the whining should have never happened. I am letting him do his work but I still think its pretty ****ed up has this happened to you or anyone on here as far as the oil samples I need to know asap.
Right there you are saying you wouldn't bothered trying to get it fixed warranteed??
Because if you have a pricey rebuilt part that failed on your customer you would listen to what they say but still would need to check everything. He is sending it out to make sure all oil is what it should have been. He is trying to cover his *** if someone made the mistake of using the wrong oil. No one likes to do free work, and everyone makes mistakes. He is making sure it wasn't your mistake before he takes matters into his own pocket. It should only be once to rebuild it, but I don't think anyone on here can say they have never made any mistakes. It could have been small or big. It happens and IF it is his fault he will most likely fix it no charge. People make mistakes, just take time and talk to him and make sure you don't say anything hurting his business(like this thread and your sig) if it really isn't even determined as to what happened.
Old May 19, 2012, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Obviously OP has no clue how to run a business and would go bankrupt within the first few bumps his company would go through. Because according to his way of business he wouldn't INSPECT the broken parts that are being sent back for warranty, he would just replace it without a question asked.

OP, do you even realize how dumb that sounds?

You should seriously just relax, call Shep, tell them apologize, and ask him any questions you may have if you're concerned. But looks like they have been answering all your questions anyway.

/thread

Quick Reply: More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them