Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them

Old May 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them

Okay everyone please hear me out im not here to start trouble just stating the facts and I have proof. Everyone remember this thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...-say-they.html

Well heres is more information along with my response: The calls and info below occured today btw

An incident occurred when I contacted Sheptrans today on 05/17/2012 at 14:29pm. I was concerned about the status of my transfercase. During that time I was speaking to customer representative Trevor and he said it meaning the transfercase has been sent for testing. I replied testing?, Testing for what? Trevor replied for oil samples. I replied I always use Diaqueen oil from the Mitsubishi dealer. Mr. Trevor said that the oil sample has been sent out to a company called Blackwater.

I spoke to fedex about the shipping on my transfercase. Fedex agent Alex informed me that my call tag number (9970111 50196885) was picked up on May 07,2012 15:15pm and was shipped on May 8, 19:35pm and was received on May 10, 14:59 pm signed and received by G.Wright at Shep.

Once again I have been let down by Shep trans I am highly disappointed and upset about the situation. At no point should any customer should be questioned about which oil should be used when damn-dear everyone knows about using Diaqueen transfercase oil in the transfercase is mandatory and highly recommended. Now my transfercase has been in their shop since May 8 2012 at 19:35 pm till now.

I really feel at no point anyone should wait that long especially they told the creditcard company for that chargeback I issued against them they would be willing to mediated the faulty -tcase that they supposedly fixed because of the whining noise Shep did not fix the transfercase properly that’s why I sent it back. After Shep refused to follow instructions I objected for the Credit card company to not give Shep payment. So that’s how it goes so now they are making me wait because they are dealing with a company called Blackwater for an oil sample that is the most petty crap I ever heard and their story is highly conflicting

If anything they should test the way how they rebuild transfercases and go in for more training in my honest opinion. So for everyone looking to deal with Shep look at my situation and really ask yourself do you wanna go through what I am going through? In all honesty please people if you know what’s good for you please do not deal with Shep. I now know that their service is not credible at all and in no way do they properly honor their work to be satisfactory so beware.

Last edited by impact blue; May 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

What did they tell you the turnaround time was. i think my trans went to them about 3 weeks ago. They told me it would take them 2,5 weeks to get to it.
Old May 18, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
What did they tell you the turnaround time was. i think my trans went to them about 3 weeks ago. They told me it would take them 2,5 weeks to get to it.
^This.

I'm curious to know what they said your turnaround time would be too. Did you pay for them shipping it off to be tested, or did they?

If it's still within their turnaround time, and you didn't pay for the shipping to be tested, this could all just be pretty standard operating procedure for them. Sorry your frustrated man. I hope it turns out well, and that you get what you paid for.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackstone labs does oil testing. Blackwater is a private US military company and I highly doubt they have any use for your oil other than to oil their weapons.

I don't see any issue with your fluid being tested as Shep is not there pumping the fluid into your transfer case at the time of installation

If from negligence you either had not enough fluid, or the wrong fluid, it's not their fault.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

I can only say from my personal experience with dealing with shep.. never had 1 ounce of troubles with my trans or t-case rebuilds....

i received my rebuilds within the time they thought and all is well. Sorry you had a problem, did you ask to speak with mr. shepard himself?
Old May 18, 2012, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

so 1 month and a few weeks? correct?
I haven't checked his website or spoke with anyone in a long time but isn't 3-5 weeks pretty normal assuming they don't have a TON of stuff going on?
Old May 18, 2012, 02:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
You also realize theres only 5 or 6 guys that work at the shop, on top of guys having to stop what there doing to answer phones, on top of 100s of trannys from dsms, evos and now gtrs being done everyday right. I mean sure it sucks to have to wait for things, but lets be real here. I have known them guys a long time and honestly its people like you they hate to deal with being your conserned about your t case (which isn't a bad thing) and want them to bend over backwards for you without them even knowing what the issue is to your t case. You go off on them being they are stupid busy right now being its just before race season, and you want them to cater to your every answser when all they can do is fix things that are wrong. Wtf do you expect them to do? They recomend the oils when you get stuff from them for a reason. Using diaqueen isn't a bad thing at all but look at it from there perspective how do they know your telling the truth. Better to have them checked out to know what was actually used rather then take someones word on things specially if its work they do thats warrenty work. Thats all I will say on this matter.

Last edited by CurseDSM; May 18, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure the op never stated he did "NOT" drive w/o oil in the transfer case.

the topic is more along the lines of the turnaround time and the validity of sampling the type of oil used.
Old May 18, 2012, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OP sounds like a huge pita to deal with.

Chargebacks? Making public outcries after 10 days? Getting upset that they're evaluating the transfer case for misuse before warrantying a case they built?

You sir are having PMS issues. Put the tampons down and relax. Call Shep apologize for acting this way, allow your CC company to give them their money, remove this thread, and wait patiently.

I promise you Shep is not an idiot, nor are the people in his shop.
Old May 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Patience is a virture... Also if you bring upon negitivity and start bashing... then its no doubt shep got their back up with you. Personally dealing with them right now and they are a pleasure to deal with, their attention to detail is amazing!! I would consider taking a more respectable, calm, and realistic look at this matter. Sure it sucks but mistakes happen... Hopefully shep sees their mistake and corrects this issue and learn from their mistakes. Not everything in life always falls perfectly into place, their will always be issues at hand, its up to you on how you will deal with them that drastically changes the outcome! I wish you luck, but their is no reason to bash a great company.

Looking at your last thread it seems that you definently started on the right direction with them, sorry to hear it has been handled this way but im sure there are two sides to every story... We have only seen yours...
Old May 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think you should relax for little bit. It has not been that long.
Old May 18, 2012, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

I understand the liberty of free speech but seriously changing your signature to this is pretty childish:

In need of evo 9 parts pm me if you have any please thankyou.
Do not get your drivetrain rebuilt by sheptrans I got my transfercase back from them whining and they still did not give me an answer nor warranteed their work.

They are one of the most reknowned company for transmission work. I would seriously bet that most of the people on this site have their work done from shep and most have had great success with his work. Did you think that changing your signature to that would get your t-case fixed faster or change the minds of hundreds and hundreds of people that have succesful work done by his company? Better yet, calling and disputing the charge without even dealing with them to figure out a solution is the best way to get a company to help you any better?

Im sure your upset, we get that but by no means are you going to change anyones minds about who to go to. Calm aproach is always best.
Old May 18, 2012, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
I understand the liberty of free speech but seriously changing your signature to this is pretty childish:

In need of evo 9 parts pm me if you have any please thankyou.
Do not get your drivetrain rebuilt by sheptrans I got my transfercase back from them whining and they still did not give me an answer nor warranteed their work.

They are one of the most reknowned company for transmission work. I would seriously bet that most of the people on this site have their work done from shep and most have had great success with his work. Did you think that changing your signature to that would get your t-case fixed faster or change the minds of hundreds and hundreds of people that have succesful work done by his company? Better yet, calling and disputing the charge without even dealing with them to figure out a solution is the best way to get a company to help you any better?

Im sure your upset, we get that but by no means are you going to change anyones minds about who to go to. Calm aproach is always best.
^^^completely agree. Never even saw his signature...very childish indeed

All I can do is shake my head
Old May 18, 2012, 04:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
OP sounds like a huge pita to deal with.

Chargebacks? Making public outcries after 10 days? Getting upset that they're evaluating the transfer case for misuse before warrantying a case they built?

You sir are having PMS issues. Put the tampons down and relax. Call Shep apologize for acting this way, allow your CC company to give them their money, remove this thread, and wait patiently.

I promise you Shep is not an idiot, nor are the people in his shop.
Like I said they have 5 or 6 guys at a shop and 100s of trannys in the stageing area. I would love to see how long it takes someone to do all those trannys in a week. Those guys work very very long shifts, and do what it takes to get parts in and done and out the door. To have someone say this just makes me want to bash my head on the wall because the op has no idea.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:49 PM

Another pointless thread like this again........ smh. Shep is a class act stand up guy. I work in a GT-R shop and call them with questions every now and again does he have to answer NOPE but they do. Your dealing with a small business that has a HUGE work load. Shep has more transmission and t-cases going faster then any other transmission guy out there I am sure of that. 3-5 weeks wait your turn damn.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More information about Shep and why you should not deal with them