Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

ct9asilver no integrity

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ct9asilver no integrity

User ct9asilver had a HTA 71 for sale recently. After several emails we agreed on an acceptable price. I sent payment via PayPal. He PM'ed stating that PayPal froze his account for suspicious activity, and then he offered me two options 1) Apply for a refund an pay to a different Paypal account or 2) leave the money until he was sorted out with PayPal. I asked what would be quicker, and he advised me that refunding and paying to his other Paypal acct would be quicker. I did this and he sent me a PM stating that he was "unfrozen" by PayPal, but to contact him before resending the payment. I have been unable to contact him since the 6th of May, depite PM's,emails,telephone calls. H ehas been to Evom at keast once since we last made contact(13th May) but has not replied to any of my numerous messages, Even after enlisting the help of a moderator on the forums, there has been no luck in contacting this individual. The thing is, if the turbo is sold, he simply has to let me know, and although I would be extremely pissed as we had an agreement, I would move on, but his apparent avoidance is rubbing me the wrong way in an exttreme way hence my post
Old May 17, 2012, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Now here's what I've found out just now. A member who posted just after me lamenting that I bought the turbo just before he was gonna, now has positive feedback to ct9asilver on a purchase which one can reasonably assume is the turbo that I "purchased" before the whole PayPal freeze/no contact issue with ct9asilver. This is a reasonable assumption since EVERYTHING he originally posted was sold, and he has no new items listed for sale
Old May 17, 2012, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A deals a deal. If he went back on his word over a few extra dollars, that's a ***** move
Old May 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
06h

time to provide his real name to warn others!
Old May 18, 2012, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
That sucks, but it's not so bad as to warrant one of these threads. Nothing was taken from you and no harm was done. People have the right to do what they please with their property. I just had a deal set to trade turbos with someone. He changed his mind due to circumstances changing. I felt upset, but that doesn't mean it's time to make a thread bashing him. Of all the bad things that could happen, this isn't that bad.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

This is unfortunate but trust me it coulda been a lot worse. I see tHreads on here about people not sending **** or giving money back.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Waste of space you still have your money so why complain?
Old May 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sadly **** happens all the time. put yourself in the guy's shoes and the extra money he made selling it to the other dude might have also persuaded you to change your mind if you were the seller. maybe he really needed the extra $$$ that bad. nobody knows EXACTLY how one will decide / react unless we are in the exact same situation.

i dont condone it by any means with my post. all i am saying is, **** happens....

and yes, sadly integrity dont mean much nowadays.

Last edited by beetle_orange; May 18, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old May 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm with the OP on this one. Sounds like the dude made up a bogus story to make a few extra bucks. Two things I hate in this world- 1.)Liars. 2.) People who don't stick to their word.
Old May 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks man, but at least you still have your $$$. I'm not sure I'd consider this a dispute though. You still have your money, and although he agreed to sell you something, this could have been much much worse. Good luck finding another.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

To all those saying that nothing was lost 1) There were at least half a dozen turbos that I could have purchased in the 2 weeks if the seller had been straight up with me 2) Common decency would have dictated that he at least PM me and indicated that someone was offering a better price, and at least an invitation to match said price 3) Yes I have my money, but I also have no turbo, and again I have to explain to my already busy mechanic, that I have no turbo to install for the third time!
Old May 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DragonDog
To all those saying that nothing was lost 1) There were at least half a dozen turbos that I could have purchased in the 2 weeks if the seller had been straight up with me 2) Common decency would have dictated that he at least PM me and indicated that someone was offering a better price, and at least an invitation to match said price 3) Yes I have my money, but I also have no turbo, and again I have to explain to my already busy mechanic, that I have no turbo to install for the third time!
This is why 99% of mechanics here in the US either order what they need themselves or require all necessary parts before beginning the work.
That sucks bro but you're pretty SOL. Now just find a decent one and pay the extra $ for expedited shipping. Also you better make sure the customs paperwork is perfectly correct to avoid anymore delays.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DragonDog
#2 says it all. I think it's sad how little common decency people have nowadays and I'm kinda surprised so many people are willing to make excuses for this guy.
Old May 19, 2012, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
#2 says it all. I think it's sad how little common decency people have nowadays and I'm kinda surprised so many people are willing to make excuses for this guy.
X2. Cant believe how many ppl are defending this guy. Sure everyone has the right to change their mind, but If I send you my money, its too late for that. If we have an agreement and I comply with my end of the deal, I expect you to do your part.
Old May 19, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

No, it seems that once you've not lost actual money, that sellers can do as they please.

Quick Reply: ct9asilver no integrity