Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

DO NOT DEAL with fortyPSIrs, been fed lies and have been waiting

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DO NOT DEAL with fortyPSIrs, been fed lies and have been waiting

The seller and I agreed to building a short block which ended up being $2700 plus i pay for shipping. I sent a deposit to the seller to build a short block for me. The build Involved a 2.4LR, which consisted of Manly Pistons, MAP 156mm RODS, 100mm OEM crank, Powder coated block,Timing comportment's, assembly and all machine work. I sent a $500 deposit on March 30 through Paypal, Then I sent another Paypal payment of $750 for the build on April 5th.

So far $1250 has been paid. Paypal will not dispute the situation because its past 45 days. I kept getting empty responses and the builder only responds to the text when we wants. He wanted me to pay more on the build. I told Him I am not paying until I see pictures and receipts/invoices for the parts that he purchased. He said he didn't have the money at the time to buy the rods to finish the build. I sent another payment through Paypal of of $620 for the rods on June 5th (Because this is within the 45 day period for Paypal, I have this disputed through Paypal) And was promised the block was finally done at the machine shop(which it should have been done much much sooner) Said he would pick it up and have it ready by will be done last week. Now his responses are extremely slow, he has only sent me 4-5 pics. A bare crank, A set of pistons with the part numbers, A timing cover and a dirty block(which was supposed to be powder coated).

I told him is the shortblock complete and ready to be shipped. All I got as an answer was "Yes" umm were are the completed pics? At this point Ive been waiting almost 3 months and have only received a couple of pictures and no responses now. I just want my money back and you can do whatever the hell you want to with this motor that you supposedly built. $1870 has been sent so far.

His username is
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...ortypsirs.html

My lock button on my phone is jammed up, I'm going to figure out away to take pics of all the text and post them.

Last edited by Nsomniac; Jun 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: We do not tie individual reviews to business unless they are in the vendor category.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Reserved for text pics
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately since you let it go past the 45 day mark you are pretty much screwed unless you paid with a credit card.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Even if you paid with your Credit card on paypal you wave your right for your CC to fight for you with paypal
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Unfortunately since you let it go past the 45 day mark you are pretty much screwed unless you paid with a credit card.
Thats what Im fighting with at the moment. I shouldn't have waited so long to get the build underway.

Originally Posted by Initial_r90
Even if you paid with your Credit card on paypal you wave your right for your CC to fight for you with paypal
Is this 100% true?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not really, Paypal would prefer you submit disputes with them. But you always have the option to submit a dispute with your CC. At best Paypal will be out the money if your CC dispute is found in your favor and they cannot recover the funds from your builder. Subsequently, you will probably lose your Paypal account as well.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

As outlined at www.PaypalSucks.com:

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive
your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and
that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal
account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account. Is this legal? We don't
know. But it's how Paypal operates. See my credit card waiver page for more information.

This has happend to me not saying I dislike paypal but I have had a problem in the past
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

The seller and I are working the situation out at the moment.
Crossing my fingers that it works out
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by antonio010
Not really, Paypal would prefer you submit disputes with them. But you always have the option to submit a dispute with your CC. At best Paypal will be out the money if your CC dispute is found in your favor and they cannot recover the funds from your builder. Subsequently, you will probably lose your Paypal account as well.

had an issue happened to me where the seller did a chargeback, even though i had already withdrew the money to my bank account. My paypal account ended up being negative and they sent it to collection.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Well it looks the seller hasn't done a thing since him and I talked last week. We came to an agreement that he was suppposed to send the block(that had machine work done to it),crank and pistons $1250 that was already paid.. I gave him the fedex shipping label and he said he was going to send it. Haven't heard a thing from him since.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

He is keeping your 1250? If so that's bs it doesn't cost that much for a machine shop to hot tank your block and bore and hone it.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
He is keeping your 1250? If so that's bs it doesn't cost that much for a machine shop to hot tank your block and bore and hone it.
The 1250 was for the machine work, hot tank, bore, hone and powder coated block, NEW manly pistons, crank, Front case. And now he just doesn't respond.
My bank is searching for a loop hole...
Old Jul 9, 2012, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hakmeister
had an issue happened to me where the seller did a chargeback, even though i had already withdrew the money to my bank account. My paypal account ended up being negative and they sent it to collection.
This happen to me when I purchased a IX long block that was no where in ment condition. Filed a bank report they got all my cash back but my paypal went Negative & collections. but atleast i wasnt out of my 3500$
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Well Ive already filed a dispute with my bank, Just a matter of time before my paypal account is shut down :/
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _des_
Thats what Im fighting with at the moment. I shouldn't have waited so long to get the build underway.

Is this 100% true?
PayPal has a disclaimer saying that disputes should be handled through PayPal and not through credit card companies

Quick Reply: DO NOT DEAL with fortyPSIrs, been fed lies and have been waiting