Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Levar - junkboxEvo - _des_ VIII/IX Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:09 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by junkboxEvo
thee only thing that really bothers me about this whole situation is that i feel Levar is trying to put this whole thing on me. if you guys read this whole post. what was the 1st thing i said to levar wen he told me we have a problem?? i said i will refund you your money! but then when i find out that he sold it to des (and NEVER told me he sold it) i then felt a little angry because right there & then its like Levar wanted to assume ZERO responsibility & put it all on me. thats just not right. to me thee only one who made the honest mistake was me! and thats basically taking the word of another person who sold ME the turbo telling me it was a 9. i have an 06 rs. i bent the turbine on that turbo and looked for another 9 turbo. thee only way i knew how to tell the diff was from the 10.5 stamp. so i bought it. you see how this can all be a chain? like i said before, am i supposed to now chase down the guy who i paid 500 bucks to for that turbo (with out the forge wg)?

another thing, levar claims he never even opened the package?? does anyone here really believe that? i mean Cmon man, u dont even know me, i could have sent you a box of bricks or sumthing. when he said that i just felt like he was trying to play the whole victim role. regardles if you didnt use it, you had to have opened it and checked it out. this is going on a month since thee original transaction. everything was peachy till a few days ago. im on this forum everyday. never had any type of problems.

like i said before i really do feel bad about this whole situation. i even gave levar & des my personal cell number so either can call or text me to resolve this and never recieved any contact from neither (ecept des through a pm) im not trying to hide anything. thee original person who got beat was basically me. and now im supposed to fully refund a seller to whom i sent all the pics and info that was given to me? who then turned around & sold it to somebody else 3 weeks later? just makes no sense to me. i offered des my original 9 turbo parts, wich are in good condition, minus the bent turbine ofcourse. and i obviously cant force him to take that. i see the 10.5 side selling for like 200 bucks alone. and i kno for a fact that the housing is mint.

at this point im sorry but i just cant see how i can take full responsibility for all this.

my last attempt to try and resolve this is to offer Levar $200 bucks back. basically splitting the $400 refund to des! i feel this is more than fair because this way, it'll be a lesson to both me & levar. again im not ducking anyone. im the only one who gave each person my personal cell number. des can ship the turbo back to levar and levar can post it up for wat we found out it really is (a 05 turbo) and as complete as that turbo is he can still get at least $300 bucks for it! thus breaking even & leaving only me with a $300 loss.

thats the best i can do to fix this situation, im not negotiating anymore. (des) i really am sorry bro, anyone who knows me can vouch im a stand up legit guy. but im not perfect & i'm entittled to make mistakes like anyone else. & if you still would like the 9 turbo parts i have i'll still ship em to you for free bro, you can send it out & have it rebuilt with your $400 refund. or u can do what ever you want with it. i do have a bunch of parts in my garage also, so if you need any little part let me kno & if i have it its yours free as well, just pm me with wat your loooking for.

the last thing i wanna do is make enemies in this forum. i mean cmon, the one thing we alllll have in common is that we all own & love evos. lets get this fixed so we can move foward.

You are missing the point. You know how you feel you were misled by the original person who sold it to you? The part where you call it an honest mistake? In this situation, you play that same seller, and Levar is in the exact same position as you. Des should pursue refund through Levar. Levar should pursue refund through you. You should pursue refund through the original seller. It's that simple.

What is clear is that you are the root cause of this problem as it relates to the forum. It is 100% your responsibility to post accurate information in your original for sale thread, and if a buyer receives anything other than what you described, you owe them a refund in exchange for the product.

Levar, it is your responsibility to refund Des to get the turbo back, so you can seek a refund from junkboxevo. What junkbox did to you, you did to Des.

Since option #2 is off the table (which was more than fair if you ask me), I don't know how anyone can look at this situation without realizing that all money should be refunded and the turbo needs to go back to the original owner. Why would Levar want to split the cost if he should be made whole as a result of your listing error? I don't know who you have been consulting with about how to handle this, junkboxevo, but they are giving you bad advice. You entered a contract with someone and didn't provide the product as described.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The only thing I will say in response is that I did open the box only to see if the bolts and waste gate actuator was as you stated. I boxed it back up and put on another address label.

I 100% agree with the moderator to put all things back in the original configuration.

1. You send my $500 back.
2. I refund the $400 to Des.
3. Des sends the turbo back to you.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have learned my lesson.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Levar
I have learned my lesson.
I hear ya, man.

I purchased a turbo from a guy that I was going to send to CBRD as a BBK-Full core when I was ready. It took me a year and a half to get ready, so when I finally unboxed it and sent it to him, he couldn't use it because of heat stressed cracks. The seller was an honest dude and I basically got screwed because I didn't inspect the part or send it to CBRD immediately.

We're only human.

Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nsomniac, congratulations for breaking it down to them so clearly. I couldnt agree with you more. I agree with all of that word for word. That is the correct way to solve this... In the exact order it happened. No splitting the cost nonsense.

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
You are missing the point. You know how you feel you were misled by the original person who sold it to you? The part where you call it an honest mistake? In this situation, you play that same seller, and Levar is in the exact same position as you. Des should pursue refund through Levar. Levar should pursue refund through you. You should pursue refund through the original seller. It's that simple.

What is clear is that you are the root cause of this problem as it relates to the forum. It is 100% your responsibility to post accurate information in your original for sale thread, and if a buyer receives anything other than what you described, you owe them a refund in exchange for the product.

Levar, it is your responsibility to refund Des to get the turbo back, so you can seek a refund from junkboxevo. What junkbox did to you, you did to Des.

Since option #2 is off the table (which was more than fair if you ask me), I don't know how anyone can look at this situation without realizing that all money should be refunded and the turbo needs to go back to the original owner. Why would Levar want to split the cost if he should be made whole as a result of your listing error? I don't know who you have been consulting with about how to handle this, junkboxevo, but they are giving you bad advice. You entered a contract with someone and didn't provide the product as described.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make this right for DES he's the only person who isn't in the wrong.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I understand your point (nsomniac) and again I really don't want to come off as the bad guy. I've been screwed in the past on difrent forums and the op always managed to never contact me and get away with my money & never even send the part.

I'll take the L & take full responsibility for this. I'm not Gona bother chasing the original person who sold me the turbo. I'm the one who truley learned my lesson here.

Send me the turbo back & you will receive your refund. My appalogees to des & my appalogees to the Evo community. Just want to move foward from this and go back to enjoying posting & reading threads here.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you junkboxevo, I'm glad we can come to a conclusion.

Pm sent.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Both parties have been refunded. Now I'm just waiting for my turbo back.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Junkboxevo does not lie. I just received the payment. I'll have the turbo shipped out to you Monday afternoon. Once again thank you for your understanding of the situation.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by _des_
Junkboxevo does not lie. I just received the payment. I'll have the turbo shipped out to you Monday afternoon. Once again thank you for your understanding of the situation.
No problem, good luck with the car.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by junkboxEvo
Both parties have been refunded. Now I'm just waiting for my turbo back.
Thanks, my friend. I appreciate it. I am glad that all things were resolved.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Unsubscribed.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Just dropped off the turbo to fedex with insurance.
Tracking number is 806334715001134