Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Faust fraudulent buyer claiming damaged products and not returning the right wheel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faust fraudulent buyer claiming damaged products and not returning the right wheel

I sold some clean Evo 9 BBS SE wheels to mr Faust back a couple months ago. He wanted the money refunded because they were damaged when the were not. So I cooperated and I refunded him the money so he would send my wheels back. But he only returns 3 and holds the 4th hostage until I send him the return shipping money which is a load of sugar IMO. But since I was out one beautiful wheel I had no choice but to do it through paypal. A month or more late I receive a wheel destroyed. My guess is he messed his wheel up and sent it back to me and left me out to dry. So I am not sure how to go about this because the last wheel I received is not the wheel I sent him in the first place and paypal can't to squat. So anyone aware of this man he is crooked and dangerous. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it as well. I just want my good wheel back ya know...

Thanks to anyone in advance
Justin Reaves
jrblackSE
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Man that sucks , people are always tryin to get over doing stuff like this. I wish I had some advice to give you but it seems like there may not be anything you can do. Did you happen to take pics of the wheels while they were in the boxes ?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jrblackSE
I sold some clean Evo 9 BBS SE wheels to mr Faust back a couple months ago. He wanted the money refunded because they were damaged when the were not. So I cooperated and I refunded him the money so he would send my wheels back. But he only returns 3 and holds the 4th hostage until I send him the return shipping money which is a load of sugar IMO. But since I was out one beautiful wheel I had no choice but to do it through paypal. A month or more late I receive a wheel destroyed. My guess is he messed his wheel up and sent it back to me and left me out to dry. So I am not sure how to go about this because the last wheel I received is not the wheel I sent him in the first place and paypal can't to squat. So anyone aware of this man he is crooked and dangerous. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it as well. I just want my good wheel back ya know...

Thanks to anyone in advance
Justin Reaves
jrblackSE
It's extremely unfortunate that posts like yours are becoming more and more common. Just today I sent a total stranger a good chuck of change in a USPS MO for some audio gear. Could never do that here.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like craigslist says......avoid 99% of scams....deal local. I know its tempting to get a good deal on a part from a private seller but I'd rather have the piece of mind.

Also OP did you not insure the wheels when you shipped them? If you didn't you left yourself wide open. I would have told him to go screw himself if I knew I had sent him good wheels (as you KNOW you did), he has to prove to paypal or whatever that you sent him bunk crap, which is why you take pics of what you ship. If he didn't use paypal and just sent a MO or whatever then he's out of luck. Almost all scams are avoidable and I know hindsight is awesome but whatever you get the point.

Sorry you got burned.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Paypal has no control when you deal through a credit card company. The credit card company has the first say. So he must have sent pictures of his wheel and then sent his wheel back to me because the wheel I got looked like it got rock blasted.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

I have email communications and pictures to verify all claims. If anybody needs to see them to shut this BS claim thread down I will be more then happy to send them to you. For posting this thread after trying to scam me in the first place this guy needs a lifetime ban. My reputation is outstanding on this forum, always has been always will be.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Faust
I have email communications and pictures to verify all claims. If anybody needs to see them to shut this BS claim thread down I will be more then happy to send them to you. For posting this thread after trying to scam me in the first place this guy needs a lifetime ban. My reputation is outstanding on this forum, always has been always will be.
Reputation means squat, others have already shown that. Both parties need to show proof. If not oh well, all we have is a bunch of he said she said crap and more people to avoid in the market place.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Apply a little logic.

Ask yourself what the OP would gain from starting this thread. He clearly got no money from this and, if he really were a scammer, he would have zero reason to draw attention to the fact that he has a bad wheel. Kind of make it hard to scam someone else, eh?

Then ask yourself why the "buyer" would hold back the one bad wheel as the hostage for a refund of shipping. Makes no sense at all. You'd hold back one of the good wheels.

Without further evidence, I'm completely on the side of the OP.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

I could understand you being nice and wanting to help out but you just got screwed. If it was a few months ago there was nothing he could have done if that was the case he should have taken it up right away and also with PayPal but he was over the 30 days and took advantage of you.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Apply a little logic.

Ask yourself what the OP would gain from starting this thread. He clearly got no money from this and, if he really were a scammer, he would have zero reason to draw attention to the fact that he has a bad wheel. Kind of make it hard to scam someone else, eh?

Then ask yourself why the "buyer" would hold back the one bad wheel as the hostage for a refund of shipping. Makes no sense at all. You'd hold back one of the good wheels.

I am with you Iowa999. Just curious to see what "evidence" there is.

I am also tired of people saying, "I never did it before". No one ever has until they do. That is a horrible argument.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Faust
Prove it.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Apply a little logic.

The completion to this arguement is: Why hold back the bad wheel and ship the the good ones first?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apply a little logic.

nailed it.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, not sure what you can do now, BUT for future i would have had the buyer send me pictures of the wheels that he "claimed" damaged, and if the picture that you'd receive showed a rim damaged in a way that the ones you sent didnt match up, i wouldnt have sent him a dime.

You know what, even ignore what i just wrote... If you sent him rims in GOOD condition, and he sends you an email stating they are "damaged" i would tell him to deal w/ the shipper (IF you indeed had insurance on it, AND better yet, pictures of rims in boxe's being sent).

Scammers... bunch of ****ing crooks
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The buyer had a bent rim,
found a sucker with the same set,
bought them,
claimed wheel's damaged,
kept a good one to replace his damaged rim,
sent back his old bent rim,

scammer wins

paypal 0
OP 0
Scammer 1

sad but true story

Quick Reply: Faust fraudulent buyer claiming damaged products and not returning the right wheel