Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

BEWARE! gtrskyline34 went above and beyond to fix a crap situation! He is good people

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up BEWARE! gtrskyline34 went above and beyond to fix a crap situation! He is good people

BREAKING UPDATE: AFTER SOME EXPLANATION, PHOTOS AND DIALOGUE, MR YUENG HAS PAID FOR THE MAJORITY OF A BRAND NEW SET OF FRONT DAMPERS

There was a mutual distrust at first, since we've all been burned before, but through dialogue and photos, we were able to determine that neither of us was trying to screw the other out of money/coils/refund.

However, he is good people, situation solved. A+ seller.

Last edited by ikt; Oct 24, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bad
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear this and i'm one of the guy who pm him about this coils.I hope you get your money back soon
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

ikt let me know if you don't get your money back and I'll flood his inbox with cat memes.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:10 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wrxnevox
sorry to hear this and i'm one of the guy who pm him about this coils.I hope you get your money back soon
Originally Posted by Chaz17
ikt let me know if you don't get your money back and I'll flood his inbox with cat memes.
Guess we will see eh? I was gonna be cool about it and just order new stems, but Stance said they're toast. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't. The package was an abortion too. Lovely.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am pretty sure he is aware of the situation and lying about it also saying 4k miles on them and the "as is" warranty is questionable. he should be ban here for being a crooked.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ikt
Guess we will see eh? I was gonna be cool about it and just order new stems, but Stance said they're toast. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't. The package was an abortion too. Lovely.
I thought you loved your megan coils?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

So are the two of u currently communicating other than on this thread? What is he saying regarding the refund? Did he post in the original thread that they were working? I understand what (as is) means... But I highly doubt u would have bought them if u knew beforehand they were basically useless. If he was a stand up guy, then he should help u out. I'm sure u paid such a high price for WORKING (as is) coilovers. That sucks, ikt. Hope u get some resolution.

As is is one thing, non working/fixable is totally different.

Last edited by Dade County; Oct 24, 2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:19 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chaz17
I thought you loved your megan coils?
I do, they're back on now. But I have no choice but to repair these STances.

Originally Posted by Dade County
So are the two of u currently communicating other than on this thread? What is he saying regarding the refund? Did he post in the original thread that they were working? I understand what (as is) means... But I highly doubt u would have bought them if u knew beforehand they were basically useless. If he was a stand up guy, then he should help u out. I'm sure u paid such a high price for WORKING (as is) coilovers. That sucks, ikt. Hope u get some resolution.

As is is one thing, non working/fixable is totally different.
Yes, he stated they were working. He may have even thought they did.

It's going to cost me over $400 for two new dampers and valves.

He has generously offered...$100.

Guy's a slippery devil tho, you can't nail him down on anything. One of the worst sellers I've ever dealt with when it comes to taking responsibility. I keep getting this rhetoric to the effect of "that's how I bought them and I paid more so".
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Wow man, sorry to hear about that. $100? Are you kidding me?..
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:30 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked_White10
Wow man, sorry to hear about that. $100? Are you kidding me?..
I know! He's trying to buy me off. Here's what I stated to paypal:

Seller is offering only $100 refund, yet denying fault.

I have saved the conversation where seller requested I send the money as a Paypal GIFT to avoid fees. I refused on the basis that is fraudulent and denies me of my buyer rights. Seller tried to say over and over that there is no warranty. I said I understand, but I will NOT send PayPal "gift" money.

My issue is NOT warranty, this is an issue of product description. The product was to be in used, working condition. That proved untrue. $390 dollars is the cost for parts to put the suspension in condition described by seller.

To reiterate:
1-I have proof seller originally attempted to receive payment for item as "gift". I refused, seller kept stating "no warranty anyways!"

2-I have the repair estimate from the manufacturer, the total cost is $390

3-the fact that the seller has offered a token $100 refund, not nearly enough to cover the costs, is evidence that he is trying to duck out of his near-certain loss of $390 if I escalated to a PayPal claim

4-I have evidence that the seller was irate that I filed a claim with paypal instead of accepting his "Too bad" answers.

Clearly, evidence shows that Mr. Yeung attempted to circumvent my buyer protection with a "gift" request. Upon refusal of request, he took the money. When defective merchandise was received, he attempted to pay me off $100 and avoid a claim for the correct amount of $390.

Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:39 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

My Email to Mr. Yeung:

Proposal unacceptable. Also, your attempt to collect the money from me initially as a "Gift" is not going to look good in this PayPal claim. I saved the messages. Now I wonder, "why did he want GIFT"? Perhaps now I know.

I hope you take advantage of this opportunity to issue the $390 refund, for you will have to struggle to explain to PayPal why you attempted to collect money in a fraudulent manner, circumventing their fees and my buyer protection.

Spare me your long winded righteous replies. Just man up and do the right thing.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:54 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM, William Yeung <[removed]@gmail.com> wrote:

I can stand up to what I said, I offered you both options. Here's exactly what I said.
"Thanks for the interest! I can do 750 if you pay today, but you will have to gift the paypal because they take 3.5% or whatever. Please note that the item will be sold AS-IS, because you lose the buyer protection when you gift the money. If you want the buyers protection, please pay 800 shipped.

I've had the coilovers for over a year now and I've never installed them and I'm already taking a 150 dollars lost + shipping.

Let me know what you decide then I can send you my paypal, thanks."

My reply:

I know exactly what you said. So will PayPal. And here I am, ready to collect my buyer's protection.
Also, that policy is not yours to dictate, and PayPal will see it the same way. You cannot offer to commit fraud, which is exactly what you did.

You are going to lose this, William, and will likely lose your PayPal account, and your 5 year long membership on EvoM as well (you're not winning there, either, by the way. Check the front desk area).

Your best option here is to go into damage control, and accept your least damaging option, which is a refund of $390, at which point, the claim will be dropped and you have a *slight* possibility of not having your PayPal suspended for fraud. You will have still made almost $400 dollars on your broken coilovers. I would consider that not too bad of a result for you, considering the likely result of you trying to ride this out.

Like I said, liability is what I do for a living. You think my red flags didn't go up the second you offered a gift payment? Of course it did, it shows poor character. The fact that you offered two options is, one fraud, and one legitimate, clearly shows your willingness to commit fraud. You claim, now, that you wouldn't do such a thing-but your written emails and messages prove otherwise.

I got nothing but time, William, and I'm not going away.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Well, he'll deal. Stay tuned fellas, this might work out okay. Dude's definately gotta invest in some packing material
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Pete you have his contact info. Audit him.

Quick Reply: BEWARE! gtrskyline34 went above and beyond to fix a crap situation! He is good people