Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

I took BuiltS13 court. He is a theif.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took BuiltS13 court. He is a theif.

BuiltS13 sold/traded motors with me. $1000 cash, my stock mint recaro seats, and my engine. He lied and traded his girlfriends motor that he was trying to portray as his own. The motor turned out to be completely trashed. I had the engine restored at the machine shop. Everything was bad. I have 5 notarized letters of written statements of witnesses and everything proving what happened. He stole parts from me and never returned them, left his girlfriends car in pieces (apparently he was only to sell the turbo and the clutch to me). His ex even told me he stole her CCW rims and then told her she needs to pay him $500 or he is going to sell them. The first judge heard my story and his story and was pissed at him. She said, he better come up with a better defense than "I was only helping her out and your suing the wrong person" because he was going to lose for sure! (this was the preliminary hearing). The second judge didn't care that he was out to scam everyone and said, since I didn't have a bill of sale, too bad. This is the short story.

Don't trust him. He's just out to burn people. He even tried to attempt to get me to register a car illegally he imported(had someone drive down from Canada) with someone I know(I have this in txt messages).

In the end it's my fault for not stepping back and having the engine looked at and not having a bill of sale written. A true lesson learned for me. It just really makes me mad that the judge punked me in court based off a questionable opinion he had, and didn't even care to hear any testimony or anything. The Judge even stated he completely believes me that this guy may have cause damage to me. If I had the other judge I would have won for sure, no question. I even asked the judge if there was any RCW law that would require a seller to write of a bill of sale stating "As is" and he didn't know. He wasn't even sure of the RCW laws for private sales in WA and just ruled on his opinion. I tried to search for them when I was in court but they kept making me turn my phone off so I couldn't pull up/search for any laws. Thankfully the court systems were so backed up, I had to wait an entire year to sue him.

I have one thing on him that he has no idea about, but it's going to be very stressful for him when/if the State of Washington sends him a notice to appear in federal court. I don't know if it's in my Italian blood for payback, but I'm doing everything in my power to make him have to face legal hell, for wrecking my life the way he has. After I work on that project. The next step is to work with "someone he knows" to take him to court for fraud. I have all the paperwork I need for proof of that. So either way, hopefully he stresses out and that alone is worth it to me. Hopefully I will get him for one of my 3 options I'm working towards. All I have to say is he's lucky I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago and that I have a career.

Last edited by Graphic; Nov 9, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Was this in small claims court?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
Was this in small claims court?

Yes
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

If I may help you out. I do a lot of private party sells in phx for used cars,tvs, you name it to make a little side cash. I have sued and been sued plenty of times running my side shop. I've never lost a case. Heres the biggest problem with what happened. You made the exchange with out checking out the motor first.

First let me say... please don't waste your time in federal court your wasting your time. You have no case I'm sorry to say. There is only I believe 2 states that arn't as is private party sells. What the means is if you sold me the motor and I placed cash in your hand its a done deal. I mean as soon as I place money in your hands the deal is done. You could run inside shut the door and the motor could be missing everything crank,rod, pistons could be completely gutted from bottom to top and just a motor shell if you well. I would have no case. It is 100% the buyers responsibility to check the item (DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS) before said buyer purchases it. You fall into this bracket I'm sorry to say.

This also applies to buying a car. There isnt a lemon law in most states. Once you buy its a done deal. Lemon law was designed for fly by night dealerships who want to sell 10 crap cars and closing shop. This does not apply to private party. Thats why some really bad dealers have their employees sell the cars private party so they can't be refunded or brought back and they can still buy cars at dealer auctions.

Your story kind of confuses me so you traded your seats and motor for his motor? Was his motor supposed to be built? Or was yours blown and trading for a working? Just dont see you trading a perfectly working stocker for an other stocker?

Heres why there is nothing to do... You have no real proof. Statements as far as shops looking at it are meaningless. Because he can just say he told you all that before you bought it and you traded him done deal. Even if you had writing in a bill of sale this would still be about a 90% chance still rule in his favor. All he has to do is deny the bill of sale and its your words vs his. Complete he said she said. You have no real evidence as far as real proof. Even this forum isnt going to be any real evidence because you can alter then forum by copy and pasting its that simple.

I got scammed really bad when I was 14 and my parents let me use their account to sell and buy some stuff. And as a 14 year old kid I made 5k buying and selling toys, parts, tvs, anything I could buy cheap and sell. And as a kid I got scammed for 2000 bucks. Hurt me real bad as far as trust with my parents. They didn't understand how I could have been scammed for so much and the money was already invested in other items to flip. Needless to say as a kid that didnt have a job that felt like the end of the world. But I vowed to never let it happen to me again and I would learn all the rules so it would never happen again. Has it happened yes I'm sad to say I just cant keep up on all the ways people can get you its insane how much thought some people put into it. But ive never lost big like that since.

Sorry to be the bringer of doom but I really dont see you winning this case. Your best chance to win would have been small claims court. They can be a bit more shammy on the laws. Federal court is a BLACK and WHITE system. And you have no black and white proof just lots and lots of grey. I do hope the best man but I have had dealing like this all the time.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostfarmer
First let me say... please don't waste your time in federal court your wasting your time. You have no case I'm sorry to say. There is only I believe 2 states that arn't as is private party sells. What the means is if you sold me the motor and I placed cash in your hand its a done deal. I mean as soon as I place money in your hands the deal is done. You could run inside shut the door and the motor could be missing everything crank,rod, pistons could be completely gutted from bottom to top and just a motor shell if you well. I would have no case. It is 100% the buyers responsibility to check the item (DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS) before said buyer purchases it. You fall into this bracket I'm sorry to say. Etc...
I appreciate what you are saying and thank you for taking your time to inform me of your knowledge. I am not going to be the person taking him to court. I would be a witness. Also the Federal thing has nothing to do with me being ripped off. I'm sure you are well aware of 'double jeopardy', where said party cannot be charged/sued twice for the same crime by the same plaintiff.

It's illegal to steal from someone, then sell their stuff to another party after they have stolen it, then keep the money and take off. There are other parties involved that were basically "robbed" and I'm more than willing to provide the evidence to said parties and back them. There was a police report made by other parties when parts were stolen and sold off. There are multiple witnesses and proof of theft. So this is a little outside of what has happened to you, because parts were physically removed by the defendant.

Last edited by Graphic; Nov 9, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

ok

ok can I please get the facts of what happened to you. Again man Im just looking to help. But what real proof you have of him stealing? Like video tape? Im just wonder what real proof you have. I promise you this is nothing outside of what ive dealt with. I have won against of ton of dishonest people would love to help you out on this one. Just need a full story.

I would really like to hear more about your personally trade? money you sent. Seats for motor? was his supposed to be built? etc? Could you put some light to this whole deal?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

This also applies to buying a car. There isnt a lemon law in most states. Once you buy its a done deal. Lemon law was designed for fly by night dealerships who want to sell 10 crap cars and closing shop. This does not apply to private party. Thats why some really bad dealers have their employees sell the cars private party so they can't be refunded or brought back and they can still buy cars at dealer auctions.

The State's Lemon Law
The Federal Lemon Law was designed to cover vehicles bought new. But under Washington law, it can cover your vehicle if it less than two-and-one-half years old and still has an uncorrectable safety or mechanical problem. The law requires the manufacturer to repurchase or replace the vehicle.

Expressed and Implied Warranties

State law RCW 62A.2-314 favors warranties in writing but verbal warranties made by the dealer can also be included if provable. Even an as is sale has an implied warranty of merchantability. Washington State's attorney general explains that "the dealer promises the used car will be fit for ordinary driving purposes, reasonably safe, without major defects and of the average quality of similar cars available for sale in the same price range."

Your story kind of confuses me so you traded your seats and motor for his motor? Was his motor supposed to be built? Or was yours blown and trading for a working? Just dont see you trading a perfectly working stocker for an other stocker?

His motor was supposed to be built and healthy. The motor was built, but it was in poor condition. I made a poor decision as I decided to roll the dice on what I purchased. At the time I didn't have much money, this is not the case now. My stock motor was and still is in 100% perfect working condition. The motor had compression of 187 in each cylinder.

Heres why there is nothing to do... You have no real proof. Statements as far as shops looking at it are meaningless. Because he can just say he told you all that before you bought it and you traded him done deal. Even if you had writing in a bill of sale this would still be about a 90% chance still rule in his favor. All he has to do is deny the bill of sale and its your words vs his. Complete he said she said. You have no real evidence as far as real proof. Even this forum isnt going to be any real evidence because you can alter then forum by copy and pasting its that simple.

This is not true. If you write in the bill of sale he has a copy and his signature is on the bill of sale, stating the actual condition of the engine in detail. "Not huffing" is what they call it. This actually can be a very valid concrete piece of evidence in court. I didn't even have the paper work for that and the first judge would have ruled in my favor right off the bat if we didn't have to have a preliminary hearing. I shouldn't say I know for a fact, but this is what I was told by the judge

I got scammed really bad when I was 14 and my parents let me use their account to sell and buy some stuff. And as a 14 year old kid I made 5k buying and selling toys, parts, tvs, anything I could buy cheap and sell. And as a kid I got scammed for 2000 bucks. Hurt me real bad as far as trust with my parents. They didn't understand how I could have been scammed for so much and the money was already invested in other items to flip. Needless to say as a kid that didnt have a job that felt like the end of the world. But I vowed to never let it happen to me again and I would learn all the rules so it would never happen again. Has it happened yes I'm sad to say I just cant keep up on all the ways people can get you its insane how much thought some people put into it. But ive never lost big like that since.

Sorry to be the bringer of doom but I really dont see you winning this case. Your best chance to win would have been small claims court. They can be a bit more shammy on the laws. Federal court is a BLACK and WHITE system. And you have no black and white proof just lots and lots of grey. I do hope the best man but I have had dealing like this all the time.
I already took him to small claims.

Last edited by Graphic; Nov 9, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

ok can I please get the facts of what happened to you. Again man Im just looking to help. But what real proof you have of him stealing? Like video tape? Im just wonder what real proof you have. I promise you this is nothing outside of what ive dealt with. I have won against of ton of dishonest people would love to help you out on this one. Just need a full story.

I would really like to hear more about your personally trade? money you sent. Seats for motor? was his supposed to be built? etc? Could you put some light to this whole deal?
I can provide you full detail on everything later. Once again thinks . I don't know if I should post the story on here or not. I could PM you. Also give me a little bit and I'll write it out. I'm not going to do it today as I have a pretty busy weekend.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

OK man best wishes
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some of these threads are sad, but others are quite amusing. Here's the best part (so far) of this one:

Originally Posted by Graphic
... it's going to be very stressful for him when/if the State of Washington sends him a notice to appear in federal court.
At least the OP left an escape hatch in the use of "when/if."

ps. my money is on "if"
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Graphic
I already took him to small claims.
And lost, it seems.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
And lost, it seems.
buying a used motor off the internet ftw. It's a shame people can't just be honest.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a transmission from him which the input shaft bearing was "making some noise" and was usable just needed to be changed. Well I had it a while as a backup and decided to open it up and check it out because I was going to sell it. The bearing was fine but the output shaft bearing exploded and was in tons of pieces. I had it sitting for a year in my garage so its pretty much too late to do anything about as to getting paypal to file a claim.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

I hope the OP gets all this resolved. Sounds like a bad situation either way. Good luck man.

Originally Posted by Tfresh
I bought a transmission from him which the input shaft bearing was "making some noise" and was usable just needed to be changed. Well I had it a while as a backup and decided to open it up and check it out because I was going to sell it. The bearing was fine but the output shaft bearing exploded and was in tons of pieces. I had it sitting for a year in my garage so its pretty much too late to do anything about as to getting paypal to file a claim.
That sucks man. You too? Looks like this may not be the only issue when buying from this guy. Which, if so... The court may not be willing to help, but maybe the admins could look into it.

*Sometimes, it may be hard to stay on top of things or get situations resolved with all of the negative/useless comments left by other members. It's nothing new*

If you have dealt with this guy in the past and he did you wrong (and you have proof)... Contact the admins. Maybe they can at least pull his buying/selling privileges.