Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

bad 6765 from Anarchy99

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Yes, you have very good evidence that you not sent a 6765 and that you were sent a 6265. The question of what killed what you were sent is still open (in my mind),but your evidence that you were not sent what you paid for is quite good. Now we wait for a reply.
I thought it was established that Precision Turbo, themselves, stated the turbo was not damaged at all...
Originally Posted by 4ukc
^^if a service manager for PT says that...I'd take that over any single person's opinion, expertise, etc. He is the subject matter expert for their turbos. Moving on..

The dispute then turned into a false advertisement claim with the typical he said-she said about what turbo was shipped (that was seemingly heading nowhere due to lack of evidence). Now, it appears, the buyer has produced some fairly damning evidence about what turbo the seller initially represented in his sales ad.

Hopefully the buyer doesn't have to wait a week for a response again..all the while the seller is perusing the site daily...
Old May 2, 2013, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Apologies. I agree. And if the turbo is OK, then a happy(ish) resolution is quite possible if Anarchy agrees that what he sold was not what he advertized.
Old May 2, 2013, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

well now it would be interesting what the seller will say
Old May 2, 2013, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
well now it would be interesting what the seller will say
He already said it in his previous post if I were to guess he would reiterate the below

"Then after six months at the 11th hour when indications of "bad turbo" have been disproved by the manufacturer, proceeds to post a measurement photo claiming to be a PTE wheel measuring 62.2mm and alleging it is from the turbo I sold him 6 months ago.

I know what I sent him and this deal has been an exhausting, stressful and disappointing experience from reading his day to day wild allegations and fact lacking opinions to his ridiculous blackmailish PM demands and accusations which were all disproved to the point where now with nothing left to prove any wrongdoing over as his "dead turbo" which was deemed "much alive and well", an entirely new claim of "turbo shrinkage" 6 months after the sale.

4ukc's newest claim that I sent him a an entirely different turbo is so outlandish that I am at a loss for words. Despite all his claims of shipping him a bad turbo and them being disproved and his word given that he would clear this up if he wrongly assumed the turbo was "no good". I will not speculate as to who shipped what turbo to PTE for inspection and if in the chain of custody over the last SIX MONTHS. I can only account for what I shipped to him in UKRAINE. What took place from that point on over the next half a year I will likely never know the truth about."
Old May 2, 2013, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
He already said it in his previous post if I were to guess he would reiterate the below

"Then after six months at the 11th hour when indications of "bad turbo" have been disproved by the manufacturer, proceeds to post a measurement photo claiming to be a PTE wheel measuring 62.2mm and alleging it is from the turbo I sold him 6 months ago.

I know what I sent him and this deal has been an exhausting
, stressful and disappointing experience from reading his day to day wild allegations and fact lacking opinions to his ridiculous blackmailish PM demands and accusations which were all disproved to the point where now with nothing left to prove any wrongdoing over as his "dead turbo" which was deemed "much alive and well", an entirely new claim of "turbo shrinkage" 6 months after the sale.

4ukc's newest claim that I sent him a an entirely different turbo is so outlandish that I am at a loss for words. Despite all his claims of shipping him a bad turbo and them being disproved and his word given that he would clear this up if he wrongly assumed the turbo was "no good". I will not speculate as to who shipped what turbo to PTE for inspection and if in the chain of custody over the last SIX MONTHS. I can only account for what I shipped to him in UKRAINE. What took place from that point on over the next half a year I will likely never know the truth about."

So...is he claiming that he sent him a PT6765 while his for Sale thread, the buyer, Precision Turbo and AMS's responses seem to point that it was a 626x all along? Are you really going to stand with that?

Anyone can dance and talk and throw mud all day long but if I told you I was selling you 17x9" Volk wheels and it turns out that I sold you 17x8 Volk wheels...I'm liable for replacement or refund, no matter what mud I sling at your substantiated claim. It's like trying to talk your way our of rear-ending someone on the road. Claim everything you want, but you're responsible...
Old May 2, 2013, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think that anyone should be replying to what someone other than Anarchy thinks that Anarchy will say. As hypocritical as this may seem, we should all sit just quietly and wait to see what Anarchy says for himself.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by kiley_sean
So...is he claiming that he sent him a PT6765 while his for Sale thread, the buyer, Precision Turbo and AMS's responses seem to point that it was a 626x all along? Are you really going to stand with that?

Anyone can dance and talk and throw mud all day long but if I told you I was selling you 17x9" Volk wheels and it turns out that I sold you 17x8 Volk wheels...I'm liable for replacement or refund, no matter what mud I sling at your substantiated claim. It's like trying to talk your way our of rear-ending someone on the road. Claim everything you want, but you're responsible...
I have no dog in this fight. What was asked and what is everyone wondering what Anarchy will say to it being a different turbo. I only reposted what he said previously regarding the different turbo accusation

None of us will ever know the truth here. I'm on nobody's side if wrong turbo was sent to 4uck then Anarchy should make it right.
Again we'll never know.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

gsrboi80, did you read the ams email?
Old May 2, 2013, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The issue seems to be in my ad description and that is my fault. I had written 900x in my ad but that was what kit I thought it came off of as I believed the "number" AMS put in their kit name was representing what was whp capable and I knew that the 6765 was capable of those whp figures so that's my fault for writing 900x somewhere in the ad.

With that said, I do not have an Evo X, I did not buy this kit from AMS and I am not the original buyer of the turbo/kit from AMS so to reiterate, I was unfamiliar with what the kit names represented and in hindsight it appears I put the wrong kit name in the description, not the wrong turbo name.

The original buyer was an active duty soldier and didn't know much about the car or what he was buying, but one of his soldier buddies while in Afghanistan talked him into buying the biggest turbo kit AMS had available for the X at the time of purchase which was this 6765. He had no idea what he was committing to or how it would kill the drive-ability of the car which is why when I met him stateside at a local meet and he complained of slow spoolup I had to explain why it took 5500rpms to make power and then we came up with a plan where I would help him downgrade to a more streetable turbo so that the car was fun again. This was over a year ago. My other reason for helping him out was so I could end up with the 6765 for my new drag evo project which I ended up bailing on in favor of a twin turbo Viper build instead which is in my signature link.

I called AMS before I did the trade/swap downgrade to verify what I had and they stated it was the 6765rsp air cooled bb. They gave me the rundown of their turbos and stated that they have changed all their models to new CEA wheels etc and that the 6765 I currently had was now superseded by the 6766 and all new kits would have that turbo going forward. I didn't pay much attention to their kit names at the time as it did not apply to me as I didn't buy a kit nor had an evo x.

Then when I started to have a turbo kit mocked up for it, it required the compressor and turbine housings to be clocked (turned) so that the compressor and turbine inlets and outlets line up with the manifold and whatever LICP was being designed for it at the time. I took off the comp cover while the bolts were loose so I could get it into the right orientation and I noticed on the inside of the cover was written "6765RSP" in marker, by either AMS or PTE I assume.

Based on my conversations with AMS on the phone, seeing the indicators on the inside of the comp housing with my own eyes indicating the turbo size, knowing that the original buyer bought the largest kit available at the time from AMS for his Evo X. Have driven in the car the turbo was on and seen the spoolup characteristics, I have no reason to believe I have sent him anything other than the correct 6765rsp as was indicated by the markings on the inside of the turbo cover.

I do not believe that what he sent PTE was the turbo I had shipped him. I still am dumbfounded by the direction of his accusations starting 5 months after shipping his turbo back in 2012.

To recap, the turbo was "done". The turbo was "bad", "no good", "dead" from the time he started the car as claimed by both himself, his tuner and pro shop. He claims it would not even spin on his first engine startup.

He then demands full refund via PM and to keep the turbo from his first set of correspondences.

Then after opening another one of THREE active member disputes with multiple members he had open all going at the same time (doesn't he only have 20 feedbacks?= 14+% of his transactions are disputes? Really?!) He then parades around how I sent him a blown turbo etc and did not get the reaction he wanted so he backs down and sends this "blown turbo" turbo to PTE.

After he ships XXX turbo to PTE they deem its perfectly fine and offer a cleaning service while they have it.

Then its referenced as a 6765 up until the last email or two from PTE where they say it measures out 62.2mm.

I am not convinced that a turbo can go from blown to "no issues", to a whole different turbo without the problems of "smoking" etc he listed on his repair form even being addressed by PTE.

I do not believe they sent PTE the same turbo I sent him. Thats assuming these dial caliper photos are even from PTE or about the same turbo in question.

I don't know if it is 4ukc's deliberate doing, FILIN motorsport, his tuner shop in Russia's doing or what they are trying to do here but if I was out to scam someone I certainly would have specifically chosen to reference the correct AMS turbo kit if I was trying to pass something off for a larger turbo, not the other way around.

I know the facts of the individual transaction should be the focus of the discussion however I want to point out that I have more positive++ feed backs since Oct-Nov 2012 when this turbo was sold to him than 4ukc has in his entire history on the forum here. Last thing I want is an issue with another member, but I won't be taken advantage of either.
Old May 2, 2013, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) after I asked you for a refund by PM I never ment that I will not return the turbo, and it seems to me I never got a reply on that message

2) when turbo is not spinning and maknig noise as shown on a video it can`t be considered to be perfect that why I told that it was dad, anyway without cleaning procedure it could not be used. there is no shop in Ukraine which can service ceramic bearings thats why it was sent to PT

3) as I already told you PT was using info from return form and in their 2nd message when I asked them to upgrade it to 6766 all of us were surprised by your "6765" turbo

plz read cearfully and you will find all step by step info in this thread

now facts:

is it your for sale thread?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...vband-out.html

can you read cearfully what kit came off? can you now read plz the info provided by AMS in my post, if you dont trust your eyes you can send the same question to AMS and I believe the answer will be the same as on my screenshots.

I paid for mint 6765, and recieved 6265 with

it seems to me that at this moment nobody cares about your perfect reputaion before and after November 2012, you advertised 6765 and shipped me 6265, I tried to explain it with different arguments but I had no luck as there were no FACTS and I have provided all the facts showing that it is impossible that 6765 was shipped

I want full refund and your not noisy any more 6265 will be sent to you direct from PT
Old May 2, 2013, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe PTE could check the compressor cover to see if that 6765RSP is written there.....This would atleast tell if that is in fact the turbo that was sent.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Anarchy99

The original buyer was an active duty soldier and didn't know much about the car or what he was buying, but one of his soldier buddies while in Afghanistan talked him into buying the biggest turbo kit AMS had available for the X at the time of purchase which was this 6765.
Why not get in touch with the original owner? See if he has receipts. If he doesn't, then let's get a hold of AMS and give them his name. Let's see which turbo kit he really bought.
Old May 3, 2013, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

The issue seems to be in my ad description and that is my fault. I had written 900x in my ad but that was what kit I thought it came off of as I believed the "number" AMS put in their kit name was representing what was whp capable and I knew that the 6765 was capable of those whp figures so that's my fault for writing 900x somewhere in the ad.
OK, but please note that you should stop using the fact that 4ukc's story has evolved as evidence against him, since your story has also changed. In particular, you cannot take the fact that 4ukc started out talking about a 6765 and later switched to talking about a lesser turbo as being suspicious, because your labeling of the turbo (via the kit name) has changed, as well. For this reason, I'm ignoring the second half of your reply. You might think that I'm being unfair - you might think that a small labeling error in the ad isn't such a big deal - but consistency and accuracy in what you write is key if and when a majority of the evidence is your words.

With that said, I do not have an Evo X, I did not buy this kit from AMS and I am not the original buyer of the turbo/kit from AMS so to reiterate, I was unfamiliar with what the kit names represented and in hindsight it appears I put the wrong kit name in the description, not the wrong turbo name.
Not knowing the kits' names is a double-edged sword. On one hand - in your favor - it can explain why part of your ad was incorrect. On the other hand - against you - it opens the door to the possibility that you didn't just misunderstand the contents of a specific kit, but were also mistaken about the turbo, itself. (Please note that I wrote "opens the door" and did not say that it comes anywhere near proving that you mislabeled the turbo, itself.)

I called AMS before I did the trade/swap downgrade to verify what I had and they stated it was the 6765rsp air cooled bb. They gave me the rundown of their turbos and stated that they have changed all their models to new CEA wheels etc and that the 6765 I currently had was now superseded by the 6766 and all new kits would have that turbo going forward. I didn't pay much attention to their kit names at the time as it did not apply to me as I didn't buy a kit nor had an evo x.
Copies of your emails with AMS would go a long way to strengthening your side of the argument.

Then when I started to have a turbo kit mocked up for it, it required the compressor and turbine housings to be clocked (turned) so that the compressor and turbine inlets and outlets line up with the manifold and whatever LICP was being designed for it at the time. I took off the comp cover while the bolts were loose so I could get it into the right orientation and I noticed on the inside of the cover was written "6765RSP" in marker, by either AMS or PTE I assume.
pics?
Old May 3, 2013, 06:54 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've PM'ed both members and have asked them to try to work out an amicable solution. It seems there is an agreement between both members that the product advertised in the thread was NOT the same product that was shipped. That seems clear at this point based on what has been presented in this thread. A solution between them, if they so choose to work one out, is up to them at this point. We (the moderators) can't force a decision one way or the other. But, if we do not see an effort being made by both parties, we will look to restrict marketplace rights of whomever is not trying or if we need to it will be BOTH members for an unspecified period of time.

Last edited by atombomb33; May 3, 2013 at 06:58 AM.