Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

boostedx11 BUYER BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
boostedx11 BUYER BEWARE

Boostedx11= Christopher McCarthy

Long story short I ask for a part for $20 shipped. He agrees. I then ask for signature confirmation and he replies he will send it delivery confirmation unless I want to pay for the signature confirmation. So I tell him no problem that I will pay extra for it. I wait for him to tell me where he shipped it and how much more I owe and never hear anything. It's been 9 days now since I sent him the $

I have posted in his thread and sent him a private message and he has logged in multiple times since then and still no response.

Stay away from this guy. I'm glad it was a cheap transaction but it's still unacceptable

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 23, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
reagrdless if its $1 or $100, a scam is a scam.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:58 AM

PayPal claim made, PayPal is suppose to refund me.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:53 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
reagrdless if its $1 or $100, a scam is a scam.
exactly. $1 is $100 to someone.

Originally Posted by Voltexed
PayPal claim made, PayPal is suppose to refund me.
This is why I always stress: NEVER send paypal as a gift!! You're screwed if there's problem, and it's dishonest anyways.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:59 AM

Exactly I never do a gift
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:14 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Pm'd seller.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not in the seller's defense, but doesn't he have 30 days? Just asking I know as a seller myself with work etc it gets hard to send things out very next day. Im just playing devil's advocate.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:34 AM

Lol who wants to wait 30 days for a part unless it's a rare part or not needed ASAP.

If he communicated with me saying hey I'm having personal issues and it may take a week or two that's one thing. But not when there's no communication at all. That doesn't work for me.

And if I'm correct PayPal only gives somewhere around 35-45 days total to make a claim/resolve it. So from the day money is sent the days start counting down

I had this happen to me before where the seller kept making excuses and I kept letting him delay and as soon as the days expired he never would respond back so I went to make a claim and PayPal said there was nothing they can do since the time frame expired.

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 23, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, same happened to me actually, with a "Vendor" called Split Second motorsports. That was a sh** show. Well , good luck hope it all goes well!

Lol who wants to wait 30 days for a part unless it's a rare part or not needed ASAP.

If he communicated with me saying hey I'm having personal issues and it may take a week or two that's one thing. But not when there's no communication at all. That doesn't work for me.

And if I'm correct PayPal only gives somewhere around 35-45 days total to make a claim/resolve it. So from the day money is sent the days start counting down

I had this happen to me before where the seller kept making excuses and I kept letting him delay and as soon as the days expired he never would respond back so I went to make a claim and PayPal said there was nothing they can do since the time frame expired.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:06 PM

Yeah me too with a company sponsored by a car magazine I used to buy. But as soon as I told them I was contacting the magazine company and the better buisness bureau they sent me my item
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Long story short I ask for a part for $20 shipped. He agrees. I then ask for signature confirmation and he replies he will send it delivery confirmation unless I want to pay for the signature confirmation. So I tell him no problem that I will pay extra for it. I wait for him to tell me where he shipped it and how much more I owe and never hear anything. It's been 9 days now since I sent him the $
Just for clarification, please check my timeline:

1) you agree to pay $20 for a delivered part and PayPal $20 to the seller

2) after paying the $20, you ask for a specific kind of delivery

3) the seller agrees, as long as you pay extra for the requested form of delivery

4) nine days of crickets
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:42 PM

Correct.i private messaged him if the item had been shipped and also posted in his for sale thread. Meanwhile looking at his profile it shows when he signs in and that happened at least twice since sending him the messages and posting. So I know he saw my messages/comments and decided to just ignore them.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the reply.

IMO, you have nowhere near enough reason to call him a "scammer" and that doing so has raised the stakes and emotions in ways that are unlikely to help you.

Lousy communications, yes. Scamming, no (or, at least, not yet). You changed the conditions of a deal AFTER the deal was agreed upon. That justifies some delay (and annoyance) on the part of the seller. Nine days is, IMO, too much of a delay, but that isn't evidence of scamming.

ps. I am very much aware of the outrageous hypocrisy and unamusing irony of my posting a suggestion as to how to behave in way that keeps emotions out of disputes and I thank you (in advance) for not making this ad hominem argument against what I'm saying
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Thanks for the reply.

IMO, you have nowhere near enough reason to call him a "scammer" and that doing so has raised the stakes and emotions in ways that are unlikely to help you.

Lousy communications, yes. Scamming, no (or, at least, not yet). You changed the conditions of a deal AFTER the deal was agreed upon. That justifies some delay (and annoyance) on the part of the seller. Nine days is, IMO, too much of a delay, but that isn't evidence of scamming.

ps. I am very much aware of the outrageous hypocrisy and unamusing irony of my posting a suggestion as to how to behave in way that keeps emotions out of disputes and I thank you (in advance) for not making this ad hominem argument against what I'm saying

Your entitled to your opinion just like I'm entitled to mine. Adding signature confirmation to anything does not delay it, nor does paypal considering its an instant transaction. He had a very low seller rating so signature confirmation covers my ads if he says he shipped it and I received it when I didn't which Is why I always request it. Yes I didn't mention it in the beginning which I can take blame for. It's just very funny the same day I make a claim he refunds me. Now if I never did that your right who knows.

If you feel the thread should be deleted or my comments then feel free. I think what he did was wrong and he knows it. BTW seems a bit funny he won't even come on here to clear the air, again shady. Or maybe just non confrontational and would like the moderators to clean up his mess. Either way IMO that was inappropriate buisness and I will do what I feel is necessary considering I've been scammed before and it's not coming from anyone's bank account but mine.

Thanks for intervening

Last edited by Voltexed; Mar 23, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

[self-deleted] I've said what I felt a need to say

Last edited by Iowa999; Mar 23, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: boostedx11 BUYER BEWARE