Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Very dissapointed in canitbethislong never recieved my crankshaft!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Very dissapointed in canitbethislong never recieved my crankshaft!!

paypal refunded my money today 9/13

I sent him a message that I was interested in his used 100mm crank shaft he had listed for sale. we agreed on 250 shipped on 8/30.

Item was paid in full on 8/30.

over a week went by with no tracking number sent and no item recieved.not even a pm saying he will ship it or anything. a few days go by and my engine builder tells me that my block is junk anyway and we should start from scratch on another motor. I still have not heard a word from the seller so I sent him a pm saying that i still have not recieved the crank and if he has not shipped the crank yet to just reund my money. this is his reply to that.

canitbethislong

Personal Sales Rating: (6)

Drives: 2003 evo

Daily Activity: 1.8%

Re: crank

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hadn't shipped it yet. You wanted a refund but I spent a pretty good amount of the money on another item. So now I'm kind of in a pickle "
on sept 7th this is my reply

250 breaks ur bank? ok just send it then. thanks.

wednesday morning sept 11th I sent my last message asking for a tracking number and waited all day (even said he was online) and he never replied to my message.

wendesday night at 7:30pm I finally decided to open a item not recieved dispute. this is pretty sad on the sellers part and pretty pissed off about something this stupid.

all I want is my 250 back! thats it.

Last edited by fast03evo; Sep 13, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im very dissappointed to. You bought something then send me a message telling me your block is junk and you want your money back. I personally think you shouldve checked with your builder before buying something then wanting a refund. Good thing you didnt buy it from a dealer, then tell them hey I jumped the gun I want my money back.

The $250 doesnt break my bank but the principle of the whole deal just irritates me. I sold you an item, doesnt mean two days later you change your mind and I have to refund you, at least thats how I see it.

Regardless your paypal claim already took the 250 out, so youll have it in a few days Im sure.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by canitbethislong
Im very dissappointed to. You bought something then send me a message telling me your block is junk and you want your money back. I personally think you shouldve checked with your builder before buying something then wanting a refund. Good thing you didnt buy it from a dealer, then tell them hey I jumped the gun I want my money back.

The $250 doesnt break my bank but the principle of the whole deal just irritates me. I sold you an item, doesnt mean two days later you change your mind and I have to refund you, at least thats how I see it.

Regardless your paypal claim already took the 250 out, so youll have it in a few days Im sure.
two days? try over a week. I wasnt mean or a dick in anyway. I asked you nicely if you still havent shipped it to refund me. then you said your blew all your money. nt a big deal but you had 4 more days to ship the crank.. plenty of time given. why dont you agree to the claim and give me my money back today instead of fighting with paypal??
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spending the money you received for an item before shipping it was uncool. Talking about "two days later you change your mind" when it was more than a week with no communication from you is also uncool. Assuming that PayPal gives the buyer all of his money back, this ended as best as it could, IMO.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Spending the money you received for an item before shipping it was uncool. Talking about "two days later you change your mind" when it was more than a week with no communication from you is also uncool. Assuming that PayPal gives the buyer all of his money back, this ended as best as it could, IMO.
thank you. yes it was not two days. it was over a week. I dont think I asked for anything beyond reasonable. I wanted the crank. waited over a week with nothing. then I found out that my block was junk. I still was fine with getting the crank because then I was just going to sell off my rotating assembly as a somplete used stroker kit. but this guy is a horrible seller and no communication skills. I deal with people everyday at work and if I did this to a customer I would be blown out. its one thing to take two weeks to ship a item (I understand things happen) but the way he handled it was uncalled for. lesson learned dont deal with seller again.

paypal is still waiting to hear back from the seller.. Simple agree tha you did not ship the crank so I can get my money back rather then fight this for two weeks and still win with negative feedback left.

thanks
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

What does spending the money before I shipped an item have to do with any of this? We agreed on a deal, he sent the money I spent the money on stuff I needed.

I mean its a bad deal on both ends in my opinion, you changed your mind instead of sticking with your word. Crank was ready to ship, you told me no, I need my money back. I then replied I dont think its fair you take money back after making a deal. You didnt respond to anything after that just started a claim.

You want to turn this into a tug of war and leave negatives go ahead.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:25 PM

Bad deal on both ends?? are you kidding me? I "changed my mind" after over a week of you not shipping it!! then you complained saying you already spent the money.. so I said if that breaks your bank then ship!! 4 days go by and NOTHING.!!

what did I do that is negative besides call you out on exactly the truth of what happened?

If you shipped this thing in a timely matter I wouldnt even of cared if I still needed it or not. the point is you never shipped it and I honestly believe you have zero intention of shipping this. I purhcased about a dozen other item off of here in the last 2 weeks (mostly minor like guages or carbon fiber covers) even some items from canada and i have recieved everything except for this. I guess you want to fight this out. bottom line is I am right, your wrong. deal with it.

Last edited by fast03evo; Sep 13, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Point of the matter is that the transaction wasn't complete before you spent the money. That is the problem. Why would spend money on something when you haven't even shipped the part that was purchased from you? You had plenty of time to be selfish and buy parts for yourself, then you should have had more than enough time to ship the part that was no longer yours. You are in the wrong 100%. No if, ands, or buts about it. Give the man his money or ship the crank. You have no standing in this deal whatsoever.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 02:04 PM

paypal refund recieved!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:53 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Buyer's remorse" or changing your mind after making a deal are not actions we support on this forum. If you make a deal, you stick to the deal. That goes for both sides of a deal.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:11 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
it doesn't matter what he did with the money, if he lit it on fire or gave it to a homeless guy. Money comes money goes it's all the same.

"never received my crankshaft" is a completely misleading thread title- you didn't even want the crankshaft.

This is two issues really. One of buyer's remorse, and one of just old fashioned slow customer service.
1-buyer tried to back out of a deal and got upset when seller didn't agree
2-seller took too long to reply to any emails, a week to ship is pretty bad

If he had went ahead and shipped the crank, paypal would have done nothing for you. You essentially exploited Paypal's Buyer Protection to force him into returning a product you wish you hadn't bought.

Last edited by ikt; Sep 18, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow. I totally disagree with the above two posts. The buyer had waited long enough and merely ASKED if the deal could be cancelled. If he had only waited a few days (i.e., within the reasonable window for the seller to ship) and/or flat-out tried to cancel the deal, then I'd agree. But he was still willing to complete the deal and had already waited a week.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

ok well I have zero buyers remorse anywhere.

After 2 weeks of the seller not shipping the crankshaft I asked him if he did.. he replied that he did not ship it yet. this is 2 weeks after I paid for it! so I asked if we could just cancel this deal because
A. I dont need it
B. its been long enough I should of recieved it by now.

the seller claimed he already spent the money and cant give my money back.. so I said ok and to ship it. 4 days later and I asked for a tracking number and he never even replied and I had enough of it. no buyers remorse anywhere. I was 100% for the deal if the seller actually shipped the crank in a reasonable amount of time. I told him I had no problem with still buying the crank even though my block was no good. because I was going to just sell my pistons and rods along with his crank as a 2.3 stroker rotating assembly used and move on. 250 doesnt break my bank by any means.

its the point it took almost a month and the seller never shipped the item I paid for the same day we agreed on a price

Last edited by fast03evo; Sep 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 04:16 AM

The people who posted that the buyer was in the wrong, obviously can't read english......
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by atombomb33
"Buyer's remorse" or changing your mind after making a deal are not actions we support on this forum. If you make a deal, you stick to the deal. That goes for both sides of a deal.
So how long do you reckon is a fair amount of time to wait for an item to be shipped? Personally, every deal that I've made on these forums or the other had excellent contact with the seller and they would usually ship within 1-2 days. Anything outside of those constraints for me is a bad experience. The OP had a bad experience and I don't blame him for his actions one bit.

I have a motor to sell you, pay me now and I'll get it shipped to you one day.

Quick Reply: Very dissapointed in canitbethislong never recieved my crankshaft!!