Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!

Review below was made March 3rd 2017- Please do not remove post. Share this onto any other forums or evo groups.

Brought my car to Andy Castellanos/Tampa Motorsports because he was vouched for highly by "James Kuhn"(black evo "Jasmine"). Said on multiple occasions that the car will be done quick once all the parts are at the shop. Car was shipped February 28th 2016 and i had to personally go down there with a friend and pick up my car on March 3rd 2017. Every single invoice was paid the same day or the following day. March 2 2016 "engine built" $6,000 PAID. March 9 2016 "transmission built" $6,500 PAID. April 11 2016 "synchro tech carbon, labor n rest of the parts we need" $7,436.39 PAID. September 8 2016 "Coilovers and tires" $2,392 PAID. STILL NO COILOVERS OR TIRES. So in one whole year with everything already paid for, my car wasn't done. There are screenshots and proof of everything i was supposed to have a top mount manifold and ended up getting standard placement. Every time I would ask for pictures of the build, some type of excuse with come up. The only picture i was received was a close up pic of the engine bay that wasn't even my car and the other ones were on james' page. The car was extremely dirty and they had garbage on top my carbon fiber wing. Which now is scratched to hell. We discussed the build plan prior to shipping and everything was understood on what to do. Yet it didn't get done. Battery was supposed to be in the trunk and they gave me a small battery in the front because they "forgot about that." Every month that went by I was told "it'll be done by the middle of the month, or end of month." Everything i ordered through James was in a room sitting in the packages, yet i was told everything will be put on and ready for pickup. Nothing was installed, not even the gauges. We finally get the car back to virginia beach and go through each and every last part that was on the invoice and see if its on the car. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING was installed. Each new looking part that i was told was mine, is not on my car. I called him and he blew it off and said "we did what we were supposed to do" I've now lost 30k because of this and i want every single penny back. Don't take your car to TMS!

Fast forward to March 29th 2017

Andy has yet to comply with the amount of money I'm asking for. His shop phone is disconnected, his cell phone is now off (going straight to voicemail), Facebook page is gone, and before that he was replying and basically trying to STILL get out of my asking price. I'm asking for $26,236.39, which is the cost of the build and for the trip down there. I've already spoken to Navy JAG ( I am active duty) and a civil lawyer and still have all my documents in order. I have Michael Kessler and boost division working on my car and we keep finding more and more things wrong, and andy continues to be non compliant with a very reasonable offer. From the people I've talked to and the research I've done, fraud and grand larceny are what he can potentially be charged with. Pay me the money or be charged with a felony. Pretty easy choice but not to him. A lot of people are saying "do this or do that" but I can't just show up in Florida and stay there to sort everything out. He told me to ask for a refund through PayPal but Since it's been over 180 days this cannot be done. He's avoiding me once again and I'm sure he's trying to change his name again and get rid of "Tampa Motorsports" and start over. So please share this post and make this reach him. Every single one of my last posts that I made were reported as spam. This isn't spam, this is me exposing a shop and a dude that completely ruined my car. All i want is to get this guy off the streets, my money back and to never see this shop or anyone that works there to touch another Evo.
Attached Thumbnails Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3170.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3177.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3183.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3184.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3187.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3188.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3219.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3227.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3228.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3231.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3242.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3247.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3248.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3249.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3252.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3253.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3254.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3261.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3263.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3286.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3303.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3302.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3310.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3311.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3351.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3352.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3353.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3356.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3357.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3358.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3359.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3362.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3377.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3802.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3803.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3804.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3806.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3807.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3808.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3824.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3833.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3838.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3839.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3863.png   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3893.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-vmgc7925.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-wzvm2585.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3391.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3397.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3398.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3399.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3403.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3387.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3390.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3392.jpg  

Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3217.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3326.jpg   Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!-img_3328.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by jmar21; Jun 12, 2019 at 05:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
809JDM (Apr 3, 2017)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 05:05 PM

This makes me so mad and sad to see my old whip being abused like that....so wrong on so many levels, bro.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Wow I'm in Tampa and never heard of this guy, will drive by sometime this week. I will say hire a lawyer and sue him on court.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 05:55 PM

Good luck man on getting things straightened out. I appreciate you sharing your experience as I went through something similar up north. I was contemplating on take my car here as there are very few trust worthy shops out here in Tampa. After seeing this you made my decision clear. Thank you and good luck again.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by smoothy
This makes me so mad and sad to see my old whip being abused like that....so wrong on so many levels, bro.
yeah man I know. Such a bad situation and all I wanted was a fast evo. Hope this guy gets taken off the streets.

Last edited by jmar21; Apr 4, 2017 at 07:53 AM. Reason: N/A
Old Apr 4, 2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by 809JDM
Good luck man on getting things straightened out. I appreciate you sharing your experience as I went through something similar up north. I was contemplating on take my car here as there are very few trust worthy shops out here in Tampa. After seeing this you made my decision clear. Thank you and good luck again.
No problem. I'll do what I can to take guys like this off the street. Hopefully this reaches many others and for them to avoid this guy and his shop no matter what. Be careful though because I'm sure he will change his name again.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by NinjaX
Wow I'm in Tampa and never heard of this guy, will drive by sometime this week. I will say hire a lawyer and sue him on court.
I'm taking legal action. As soon as he basically started avoiding me again, I made my phone calls
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Google Jason Castellanos. I wonder if they're connected somehow.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Might need to put FL or Miami after the name to pull him up. Also try it without the S on the end of the last name. He was known to scam the car community at large for a long time. Lots of stuff on him.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...cammer-at-lage

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...l#post11144345

I just wonder if this is somehow connected.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Btw you might want to check this out.

http://dearcancer.org/my-hospital-be...n-really-hard/

That's pretty ****ed up of him.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
Btw you might want to check this out.

http://dearcancer.org/my-hospital-be...n-really-hard/

That's pretty ****ed up of him.
He told me that it was his grandma at the hospital. Smh
Old Apr 5, 2017, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed, hence why I searched.
That'll help with any question of character in court.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
I noticed, hence why I searched.
That'll help with any question of character in court.
Thank you for that. So pathetic man.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
He probably found that picture on the net and sent it to you. Wow just wow
Old May 23, 2017, 12:39 PM

Wow! What an awful experience, I'm not sure how you kept a cool head through this whole experience. Where you able to recover some of the funds?

Quick Reply: Tampa Motorsports/Andy Castellanos are scammers!!!