Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

louiesevox

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:18 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
louiesevox

As evidence by his silence, Louis Castillo is mostly likely not going to make things right, here.. so I thought I'd post this as a potential warning to anyone looking to buy from the guy. I'll try to be as factual as possible and leave my feelings/opinions out of it. The details are listed in the thread I'm linking below.
Cliffnotes: I'm given his screen name via FaceBook so send him a PM here, on EvoM. The guys says he has no part numbers, serial number, or anything else for the part but has pictures of an obviously new rear diff. He states "they" have a stable of evo 8s and 9s and were going to build a road race car, but the shell sold, so now the diff had to go.
When it arrives, It's for an Evo with AYC. I made contact to send the part back and he refused, he's decided to take the money and run. He states he listed the part in an ad on EvoM which stated the part number, and he did. He did not mention the ad during our conversation BEFORE I sent payment, nor the part number, though I asked. If you look in my history and his ad, you will see I never viewed it nor posted in the ad. Now I'm out $850 for a very expensive paper weight.

The unedited conversation is here, I tried to be as unbiased as possible so you can all form your own opinions:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lo...n-t-jason.html
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You definitely got duped by an unscrupulous seller/individual. Sucks man..
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:30 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
You definitely got duped by an unscrupulous seller/individual. Sucks man..
Thanks, dude. Expensive lesson learned. Luckily, he's in California so that leaves me with really good options to get payment back. We'll see how that goes. The down side is, this is wreaking havoc with my credit card company and PayPal; they don't communicate well LOL. My PayPal account is frozen until I can prove it's actually me who is using it. What a ****ing mess.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 07:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
It'll be worth it if you can get your money back. Scammers in general suck, but I have always thought the people that do it within a community that you should be able trust because everyone shares common interests and goals, whether it be cars, trucks, guns, etc, are far worse people than the indian guys calling you to talk about your IRS bill...LOL
Old Jun 19, 2018, 09:56 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
It'll be worth it if you can get your money back. Scammers in general suck, but I have always thought the people that do it within a community that you should be able trust because everyone shares common interests and goals, whether it be cars, trucks, guns, etc, are far worse people than the indian guys calling you to talk about your IRS bill...LOL
Right? LOL. I agree. I did research on the guy before buying. He doesn't have a lot of iTrader feedback, but it was positive. No threads about him cheating people. He hasn't logged in since the deal went down. I guess $870 was really worth it for him. Probably the last part he had to sell. Or, he has another screen name on here, anyway so can toss this one.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
What a bummer scammers are the worst. I know you made a couple threads on this but I recall reading that after you reached out he essentially stopped communication? If he was an honest ethical person that would not have happened. Maybe you, the buyer should have to eat the shipping costs but there is no reason he should not refund you the cost of the part.

What is paypal's stance on this? Also, what did your CC company say?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:29 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by heel2toe
What a bummer scammers are the worst. I know you made a couple threads on this but I recall reading that after you reached out he essentially stopped communication? If he was an honest ethical person that would not have happened. Maybe you, the buyer should have to eat the shipping costs but there is no reason he should not refund you the cost of the part.

What is paypal's stance on this? Also, what did your CC company say?
Still waiting to hear from both. I have small claims paperwork, from his county/city filled out and ready to go, too. Road trip! Bonus is that I get to go to King Taco, while I'm down there.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Have you communicated that with the seller? What is the last thing he said to you? I mean he might see it as a threat but he can call your bluff all he wants until you end up in court. Its just shady. Like why refuse to take it back unless you were trying to pull a fast one in the first place.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 01:26 PM
kaj

Have you communicated that with the seller? What is the last thing he said to you? I mean he might see it as a threat but he can call your bluff all he wants until you end up in court. Its just shady. Like why refuse to take it back unless you were trying to pull a fast one in the first place.
He replied to an email, once. Back on June 13, the day I let him know it was the wrong part. His reply was:

me 8:35pm: Hey, dude. I need to send you this differential back. You sent me one for a euro and Japan Evo eight and nine. I do not have active yaw control. Please refund payment as soon as possible and I will ship it out same day.

Thanks, dude. Jason

Louie 10:11pm: Hey man... yes it’s for an Evo 8 and i listed the part # on the post. Which matches what i sent you. That extra bearing i threw in there was just an extra one that i had so i just threw in as extra pieces. But the pics and part # match the post and the pics i sent you which is the part i sent?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Like why even cut all communication? Just admitting fault at that point. Now what just hide? Seems childish IMO. Hope it works out for you but unfortunately you'll never get your time invested back. But hey if you can make a fun road trip outa it then go for it!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 02:54 PM
kaj

Like why even cut all communication? Just admitting fault at that point. Now what just hide? Seems childish IMO. Hope it works out for you but unfortunately you'll never get your time invested back. But hey if you can make a fun road trip outa it then go for it!
Time, nah.. but I do get to add interest accrued on the purchased amount (from my credit card account), mileage to and from the courthouse, lost pay to make the trip, and all court fees. I'm having a friend file the paperwork, so i will also be adding in her fees (lawyers ain't cheap). $870 is turning into $1,000+ real quick, plus my friend's fees. And you know... I don't even feel bad about it, to tell the truth. This guys is obviously skipping out with my money, so I now feel he gets what he deserves.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck! Wish there was something I could do to assist but sounds like you've got it under control for the time being.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 01:46 PM
kaj

Good luck! Wish there was something I could do to assist but sounds like you've got it under control for the time being.
Thanks, dude. It's a slow process, but I have plenty of time. Any help is always appreciated ,though. I never say "no" to that!.