EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Member Unresolved Disputes (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/member-unresolved-disputes-339/)
-   -   kmxxbadboy (Michael Kentaro Ko) of Tri State Evo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/member-unresolved-disputes/572248-kmxxbadboy-michael-kentaro-ko-tri-state-evo.html)

golgo13 Aug 30, 2011 08:54 AM

kmxxbadboy (Michael Kentaro Ko) of Tri State Evo

Long story short, kmxxbadboy (Michael Kentaro Ko) of Tri State Evo and Bell Mitsubishi screwed me by sending me a heat stressed turbine housing a year and a half ago that I didn't catch until last week when CBRD inspected it. CBRD won't take it as a core for a BBK-Full, so I'm out the $300 I paid.

At least Chad is willing to offer me $100 for it as a shop display. :lol:

This is what I get for not taking the part to get it professionally inspected as soon as I get it.

Bummer.

gsrboi80 Aug 30, 2011 09:05 AM

Have you tried to contact Mike he's a stand up guy and does a lot for the EVO community in the NJ/NY area.

Though a deal that was done 1 1/2 years ago you probably should have checked it out then no????

golgo13 Aug 30, 2011 09:21 AM

Yep.

I performed a quick inspection, it took a professional to discover it.

I don't doubt he's a stand-up guy. However, he isn't willing to make any form of admission of wrong doing on this.

EVO196 Aug 30, 2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by golgo13 (Post 9570081)
Yep.

I performed a quick inspection, it took a professional to discover it.

I don't doubt he's a stand-up guy. However, he isn't willing to make any form of admission of wrong doing on this.

But it took you a year & half:confused:

I very much doubt Mike knew himself....i personally know him, if he knew this I don't think he would of sold it to you.....

golgo13 Aug 30, 2011 11:39 AM

I know, right? I wanted to send it to CBRD much earlier, but life's like that sometimes.

My car is stock with the exception of a TBE, I haven't done anything with the turbo. It's been sitting in my garage.

We're trying to work it out. If we get it resolved, I'll request to have this thread deleted and I'll revert my iTrader feedback.

:thumbup:

golgo13 Sep 1, 2011 11:11 AM

Let's open this up to the community.

Someone sends you a part and it takes you over a year to get it checked out.

Now you learn the part can't be used for what it was originally intended.

What do you do?

Robevo RS Sep 1, 2011 03:13 PM

i know Mike personally very well. He definitely has bad days , but i highly doubt he would intentionally do anything like this.
There is many reasons for that. Don't forget he is a car sales man, little things like this can hurt . Just doesn't make any sense to have this type of aggravations etc. for him, specially in his position.

So as i just said , i do not think Mike would sell any default product. Not to mention the fact, one and a half year passed by...
I do not think you have a strong case here.
Besides i don't know you , and i know Mike. That is why i said what i said.

Rob

ps: edited because i dont even understood the original version... LOL

golgo13 Sep 1, 2011 05:27 PM

I agree, he really does seem like a nice guy and has impeccable iTrader sales feedback.

I do not think he's a scammer at all, I just want to work this out.

Bottom line, I'm stuck with a part that I can't do anything with - I'm the victim here.

SilverBulletIX Sep 2, 2011 05:54 PM

You paid $300 and learned a very important lesson, hopefully. You're not the victim, you're just the guy who took a 1.5 years to realize that there was a problem. Have this thread closed and deal with the fact that you f'd up!

golgo13 Sep 2, 2011 06:34 PM

It is what it is.

I'm already over it.

Thank you for your insight though.

:beer:

Speedlimit Sep 7, 2011 03:11 AM

Resolved per OP and locked.

Bob.. :)