Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

2nd Annual Forced Induction Meet, Oct 24th MD/VA/DE/PA/WV

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Annual Forced Induction Meet, Oct 24th MD/VA/DE/PA/WV

Sorry I didn't post this up earlier. For those of you not familiar with the FI Meet, it's where Blown and Turbo cars of all makes and manufacturers comes together for an event. Last year was a blast, this year is shaping up to out do it. Cars rumored and/or confirmed to be there are Heffner TT Viper, Lingenfelter TT Vette, R32 Skyline, Blown and Turbo F-Bodies, Blown Stangs, GNs, MKIV/MKIII Supras, SRTs, DSMs, STis, Evos, Turbo IS300, the list goes on and on.

First off the response has been really good on this one. I wanted to go to all the boards supporting this meet and give updated info. If any of you have posted about this or told friends about the meet that may not see this thread, please pass on the word.

The basics:

We’re meeting this Sunday, October 24th at 1pm.
Meeting spot is the Park & Ride at the East end of Route 70 in Baltimore, MD. (I’ll give more detailed directions below)

Cost will be $10-15 cash at the Park & Ride.

Important Info about the cruise:

When entering the Park & Ride I’ve been told by locals that the speed limit goes from 65 to 25 pretty quickly and cops love to radar trap there. So be sure to pay attention to the speed limit signs.

We will be cruising for about 45 miles and we are all adults. This meet is not a giant street race or cannonball. That being said I’m sure some will ignore my warnings and punch the throttle here and there. Let’s try and limit it down as much as possible. Cops in the area are just itching to write up speed contest tickets. Please drive responsibly.

Since I’m being hush hush about the destination and I don’t have any idea who all exactly is coming you’ll need to get in contact with me if you’re going to be late. My cell is (240)350-3755. We are not leaving at 1, probably more like 2, but try and be there on time to make my life less complicated.

Destination info:

It’s a park and that’s all I’m gonna say at this point. We have rented the ball field from 4-8 and have all day access to our own volley ball court and horseshoe pit. So be sure to bring a glove for the softball game. I’m thinking Imports v. Domestics or Turbos v. Blowers, which ever is more evenly matched.

I encourage people to bring food. I'm gonna cover the basics like dogs, burgers, buns. So if people want to bring drinks, chips, dishes, or anything else that would be really appreciated. Post up or e-mail me if you think you can bring something.

I do have an alcohol permit for those of age that wish to drink. I seriously ask that you not drink and drive or if you choose to please drink responsibly. Obviously anyone under 21 is not permitted to drink at all. Sorry about that one guys.

Another weird alcohol rule is no alcohol is permitted in the parking lot where the car show will be. I know, it seems stupid to me also, but let’s not make a silly mistake that ruins the day for everyone.

There will be no charge for the car show. All clean cars welcome.

Directions:

From the West: Get to route 70 and head East. Once you reach the end where most are in the right two lanes for the 695 exits, you stay left. You’ll see sign for the Park & Ride. 70 dead ends into the Park & Ride.

From the South: Take I95 North towards Baltimore. You’re going to take 695 West towards Towson(Mapquest says North). It’s a left hand exit so it’s easy to figure out. You’ll go about 7 Miles before you get to Route 70. From there you just follow the signs for the Park & Ride.

From the North: Take I95 South towards Baltimore. You’re going to take 695 West towards Towson. You’ll go about 21 miles before you get to Route 70. Route 70 will be a right hand exit. Once in the exit lanes, stay to the left. You’ll see sign for the Park & Ride. Follow them.

If you guys have any questions post up or e-mail me at buschman_007@hotmail.com. Hope to see everyone there.

Mike
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

This sounds great... I'll try to make it with my wife.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

also I'm going to post this for you on DCEvoClub.com...