Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Va Beach EVO's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know if you post on dcevoclub.com; but you might want to bring this up there; since there are a lot more interested active evo members on that forum then here. Most of them are from up there of course but if you were looking to get a higher number total; there are a lot more evos up there.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sucks man, thats a long drive. But I think a planned trip to AMS to get a custom flash and some discounted parts is well worth it! Id like to see who is interested in Hampton Roads. Im definately down, Ive gotta get the turbo kit (from AMS)Im getting tuned.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeEater
It sucks man, thats a long drive. But I think a planned trip to AMS to get a custom flash and some discounted parts is well worth it! Id like to see who is interested in Hampton Roads. Im definately down, Ive gotta get the turbo kit (from AMS)Im getting tuned.
You'd drive all the way to AMS just to get tuned? They aren't a flash tuner, though, so you will have to choose a tuning device if you want them to tune your car for you.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, my buddy did it for me.

Do you mean timing belt tensioner?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

So you guys up for meeting this weekend sometime? I am going back to Pensacola on the 2nd.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Frank, not much man, same ol' same ol'. How about you?

Going up to AMS wouldn't be that bad. We could make a day of it, stop in Richmond (plenty of good places to eat) or the 'burg and go from there.

As said above, this area doesn't have much for awd, so you're going to have to count on driving somewhere.

I'm down for this weekend...are the guys from AWJ still meeting up? I've not been out there for over a month now.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

You guys don't need to go all the way to AMS if you don't want to drive that far. You have several other choices that are closer:

1) Al from Dynoflash will be coming down the 3rd weekend in January to do custom tunes in person. You could drive to NOVA and get a custom road tune from Al with all of his new features

2) If you can't do that on the 21st/22nd, you could go to TurboTrix in NJ whenever you have time. That is still closer than AMS, and they can provide a dyno tune. Not quite as good as a road tune, since they have a Dynojet, but better than a base mail-in tune.

3) Precision Dyno in Philly - you can get a custom dyno tune here on a Mustang Dyno, which is better than getting tuned on a Dynojet

As i said, AMS isn't a flash tuner, so I'm not sure what you guys are planning on doing there. AMS is a great vendor in our community with awesome parts, knowledge, and results, but I just want to make sure you have your ducks in a row and don't waste your time with a long, unnecessary trip.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You guys don't need to go all the way to AMS if you don't want to drive that far. You have several other choices that are closer:

1) Al from Dynoflash will be coming down the 3rd weekend in January to do custom tunes in person. You could drive to NOVA and get a custom road tune from Al with all of his new features

2) If you can't do that on the 21st/22nd, you could go to TurboTrix in NJ whenever you have time. That is still closer than AMS, and they can provide a dyno tune. Not quite as good as a road tune, since they have a Dynojet, but better than a base mail-in tune.

3) Precision Dyno in Philly - you can get a custom dyno tune here on a Mustang Dyno, which is better than getting tuned on a Dynojet

As i said, AMS isn't a flash tuner, so I'm not sure what you guys are planning on doing there. AMS is a great vendor in our community with awesome parts, knowledge, and results, but I just want to make sure you have your ducks in a row and don't waste your time with a long, unnecessary trip.

Thanks! Good info!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Lets all just convoy to Ohio and do it right.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

I would highly recommend Mark and TurboTrix, I have their tune and have been 100% satisfied with the power and how smooth my car rev's now.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

So Warr,
You coming down for our little meet this weekend? I could use a lesson on launching .
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteEVO8
So Warr,
You coming down for our little meet this weekend? I could use a lesson on launching .
Oh, sorry, kinda far for me (like our meets up here is far for you, I'm sure).

boyd, what did you mean when you said "Lets all just convoy to Ohio and do it right."? Were you referring to going to Buschur in Wakeman, OH? Dave just uses Dynoflash for his flash tunes, so you can just get that done here. If you were referring to AMS (are they in Ohio?), then don't forget that you will need to bring your own tuning device...
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

he asked me if there is an awd dyno here and I told him the closest one is fredricksburg,va. Thats where I went when I first got my car. I called 4 places here, nada for an awd car. He also asked if we were close to AMS in DC. I told him were about 3-3.5 hours away.
Hmm, I just scrolled back and read this. I wanted to make sure no one got AutoMotorsports (9.4-sec Evo that goes by AMS) confused with Atlantic Motorsports (DcEvo local sponsor that goes by AMS). AMSTuning in Gaithersburg, MD, is a great shop who sponsors our local Evo club, but they don't have a dyno and don't do their own tuning.

The big AMS with the 9.4-sec Evo has a dyno, but is not a flash tuner.

There is a new AWD dyno in Fredericksburg at ProImports, but I think SnakeEater already knew about that one. Up here in NOVA, we have 4 that I know of off the top of my head, but there are probably several more.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, I was referring to Buschur. I'd love to just go up there and get everything done at once.

At times I enjoy the gradual upgrade/modding path, and then others I think how cool it'd be to just drive up and come away with a stage 5. But that's just me.

At any rate, I'm with 05WhiteEVO8. Since I don't launch my car, I'd love to see it done right.

(edit because you beat me to it - AMS)
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

This one is bringing back memories. I grew up in VB. I went to Kellam HS. I haven't been there since 95 but I always miss it. Hope someone opens a shop down there for all you guys.

Quick Reply: Va Beach EVO's